PDA

View Full Version : Asking girl to marry me on Opening Day

Ghosts of 1990
03-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I know it's played out, and some might say cheesey. But she loves going to GABP and she loves the Reds and knows how much I love baseball. There's NO WHERE I'd rather be when I do it. We've already gone the romantic route one time, and it didn't quite end up working out how we planned. The second time around, the final and for good time, I'm gonna do it at my favorite place in the world.

Now do I do it at the 7th inning stretch of as the Reds high five to celebrate being 1-0

texasdave
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I would opt for the 7th inning stretch....just in case. Proposing after losing on Opening Day strikes me as a baaaaad sign. Now if you can arrange for Jay Bruce to hit a walk-off salami I'd go for after the game.

Ghosts of 1990
03-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Haha I will have to ask Jay for the favor. It crossed my mind

Kingspoint
03-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Good Luck.

Be confident that she's going to say, "yes".

You don't want to be "that" guy.

jredmo2
03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Be confident that she's going to say, "yes".

You don't want to be "that" guy.

Tell me about it. Man was that humiliating.

mlh1981
03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
My girl has already said "no stadium scoreboard proposals!" :p:

Road Pop
03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Pictures will be required lol!

mdccclxix
03-17-2010, 02:20 PM
You the man, good luck!

Ghosts of 1990
03-17-2010, 02:38 PM
My girl has already said "no stadium scoreboard proposals!" :p:

Yea she's said she'd never want this either.... and I'm not going that route. Like I said, I've already went the romantic route once, and she said yes, and then we didn't end up getting married and got back together (long story).

But now I'm just going to be me haha :thumbup:

texasdave
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Yea she's said she'd never want this either.... and I'm not going that route. Like I said, I've already went the romantic route once, and she said yes, and then we didn't end up getting married and got back together (long story).

But now I'm just going to be me haha :thumbup:

Yes, best of luck indeed! :beerme:

fugowitribe
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Good luck man. If she loves the reds, she has to be a keeper. Best Wishes to you and the soon to be wife.

BLEEDS
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
I've already went the romantic route once, and she said yes, and then we didn't end up getting married and got back together (long story).

Inquiring minds want to know.

You can't just throw that out there and then nothing.

How about a Cliff Note's version?

/grabs popcorn

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Vottomatic
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Marriage? Meh. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! ;)

Ghosts of 1990
03-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

You can't just throw that out there and then nothing.

How about a Cliff Note's version?

/grabs popcorn

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Haha sure just don't be sorry you asked ;)

we met in college. I graduated in 2005 and during her 2007 year when she was a junior, I bought a condo that she really liked and soon after asked her to marry me. Then I got really sick out of nowhere an almost died. I had Lyme disease. I was so sick It was probably hard to be in a relationship with me and watch me fall apart. This was march 2008. She got homesick and moved back to New Jersey where she was from and while I should have broke up with her then, I did not. We broke up, and she realized she messed up and moved back to Ohio for me and treats me really great now. She's the person I always wanted now. So, we went to Reds games whether I was sick or well so many times. There's no better place to make it right

BLEEDS
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM

we met in college. I graduated in 2005 and during her 2007 year when she was a junior, I bought a condo that she really liked and soon after asked her to marry me. Then I got really sick out of nowhere an almost died. I had Lyme disease. I was so sick It was probably hard to be in a relationship with me and watch me fall apart. This was march 2008. She got homesick and moved back to New Jersey where she was from and while I should have broke up with her then, I did not. We broke up, and she realized she messed up and moved back to Ohio for me and treats me really great now. She's the person I always wanted now. So, we went to Reds games whether I was sick or well so many times. There's no better place to make it right

I think I followed that, but I need to read the whole book...

Sounds like a happy ending regardless!

Isn't she the gal who bought you an autographed Jay Bruce baseball for your birthday? Must be a keeper.

Congrats!

PEACE

-BLEEDS

kfm
03-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Congrats man. That is awesome.

Redus
03-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Marriage? Meh. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! ;)

This

Kingspoint
03-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Watch, "Leave Her to Heaven" first.

bounty37h
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
COngrats, and best of luck!! I proposed to my wife at a Durham Bulls game. Was goign to do the scoreboard or some crazy on field activity surprise, but changed my mind last minute. We went to the game, around the 6th inning we decided to go grab a beer and watch the rest from the bar across the st (it was grossly hot out and I had got sunburned that day already working outside). So, we go get a burger and few beers, I pretended we were going to walk back over to the field and after a few steps I dropped to a knee and had likely the worlds quickest proposal and hopped right back up. She called me a turd and said yes, and with perfect timing, fireworks went off overhead, celebrating a Bulls victory, but we knew it was really for us ;)

Ghosts of 1990
03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
COngrats, and best of luck!! I proposed to my wife at a Durham Bulls game. Was goign to do the scoreboard or some crazy on field activity surprise, but changed my mind last minute. We went to the game, around the 6th inning we decided to go grab a beer and watch the rest from the bar across the st (it was grossly hot out and I had got sunburned that day already working outside). So, we go get a burger and few beers, I pretended we were going to walk back over to the field and after a few steps I dropped to a knee and had likely the worlds quickest proposal and hopped right back up. She called me a turd and said yes, and with perfect timing, fireworks went off overhead, celebrating a Bulls victory, but we knew it was really for us ;)

Man that is awesome!

bounty37h
03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
It was great, best thing I have ever done by far (more of what it led to, not nec just that night). Wish I could remember what deep words I shared of my feelings and desires, but think with my nerves shot it literally was "will you marry me?" and jumped right back up...
Congrats again man!

schmidty622
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM

LOL, U Date Snooks???

http://www.papermag.com/blogs/Snooki.jpg

goreds2
03-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I know it's played out, and some might say cheesey. But she loves going to GABP and she loves the Reds and knows how much I love baseball. There's NO WHERE I'd rather be when I do it.

That is awesome your girl loves the Reds. I know there are a few of us guys here whose girls do not like sports or the Reds.

Best wishes.

Sean_CaseyRules
03-19-2010, 03:23 AM
That's awesome man!!! Congrats!! I've always thought about doing it on the scoreboard, although it's "cheesey" I still think it's awesome!

PhillipsHead
03-19-2010, 01:34 PM
What's more romantic is proposing after a WS title. But good luck on that one...