PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Mason/Cincy residents

Sabo30
03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
We are visiting Mason, OH April 8th-11th for my son's 9u baseball tourney in Mason. We're staying at the King's Island Resort, as well. Curious to what there is to do, eat, and/or have fun during our visit. Any suggestion would be great!!! Thanks--Sabo30

dougdirt
03-19-2010, 10:02 AM
First major obvious one would be to go to Kings Island.

Sea Ray
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Here are several ideas all within about a mile from your hotel:

Walk across the street and go inside the Great Wolf Lodge. Even if you're not staying there you can play in their gameroom and walk around. It's really quite a sight. There's a bar where you can get drinks and bar food as well.

Next to your hotel is a large movie theater.

I think there's still a laser tag place just south of Kings Island. Go south on Kings Island drive and take a left at Western Row Rd and the Laser Tag place is in the strip center where the Sunoco is. It's at the corner of Western Row and Columbia Rds.

If you care to turn right at Columbia Rd there's a golf place where you can drive a bucket. There's also a run down putt putt course but I wouldn't be surprised if that course is closed by now.

Across I-71 from your hotel you'll see a real golf course. You can play 9 or 18 holes there at the Jack Nicklaus Center.

Sabo30
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Good stuff so far.....what about FOOD. Big dog's gotta EAT!

Roy Tucker
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Good stuff so far.....what about FOOD. Big dog's gotta EAT!

Head south on I-71 and get off at the Fields-Ertel/Mason-Montgomery Rd exit. Turn right on Mason-Montgomery off the ramp and lots of good restaurants in the first couple miles.

Any particular kind of foods you like? That's my neck of the woods so I'm pretty darn familiar with the area.

Sabo30
03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Head south on I-71 and get off at the Fields-Ertel/Mason-Montgomery Rd exit. Turn right on Mason-Montgomery off the ramp and lots of good restaurants in the first couple miles.

Any particular kind of foods you like? That's my neck of the woods so I'm pretty darn familiar with the area.

We enjoy Italian, steakhouses, and quick things for bewteen games.

Sea Ray
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
We enjoy Italian, steakhouses, and quick things for between games.

Follow Roy's directions and you'll be find a Carraba's, Lone Star Steakhouse, Applebees and an extensive China Buffet and every fast food you can imagine. Keep going on Mason Montgomery and you'll find a Willie's Sportsbar in the same strip center as Kroger. That's a local chain. That area is short on Ma and Pa places and fish restaurants. You won't even find a Long John Silvers

Sabo30
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Follow Roy's directions and you'll be find a Carraba's, Lone Star Steakhouse, Applebees and an extensive China Buffet and every fast food you can imagine. Keep going on Mason Montgomery and you'll find a Willie's Sportsbar in the same strip center as Kroger. That's a local chain. That area is short on Ma and Pa places and fish restaurants. You won't even find a Long John Silvers

Carraba's is great...we have one locally. Willie's sounds like my kinda place when the kids are back at the pool with MOMS! Thanks for the input all!

Roy Tucker
03-23-2010, 10:58 AM

Yep. We're actually a little short on a good steak place too.

Bravo's is good for Italian. That's my favorite place. The Polo Grill is good food too. Claddaugh Pub has good beer. All 3 of those places are in a row up Mason-Montgomery a ways.

For pub grub, over at Fields-Ertel and Montgomery Rd. is Toot's, a good beer/wings/burger place. And if I recall correctly, there is a pub up by King's Island on Western Row that is pretty decent. It used to be called Crossroads but don't know what it is now. On 741 is Tabby's. It used to be pretty good too but I think its gotten a little nasty.

flyer85
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
First major obvious one would be to go to Kings Island.

IIRC, Kings Island doesn't open until the 17th of April.

Sea Ray
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
And if I recall correctly, there is a pub up by King's Island on Western Row that is pretty decent. It used to be called Crossroads but don't know what it is now. On 741 is Tabby's. It used to be pretty good too but I think its gotten a little nasty.

Yep, it's now called Eli's but it hasn't changed a bit. It is like a small scale BW3's where you order at the counter and they bring it to you when it's ready

bucksfan2
03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
If you head west on Tylersville Rd for about 10 minutes or so you will run into just about every restaurant you could want. Brazenhead, City Barbecue, Bonefish, good pizza place called Dewey's, Five Guys, etc. Its probably only 15 minutes away from where you are staying.