PDA

View Full Version : Anybody score games?

Redsfan320
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I do occasionally, and find it pretty fun. I use the traditional scorecards, not Project Scoresheet or anything like that, though I did try the Reisner method for a WS game last year, and it was okay, but I still prefer the traditional method.

Well, gotta go get ready to go bowling with friends now... cause it's my :birthday:, yeah it's my :birthday:.. yeah it's my :birthday:... :).

[Heads to User CP to change age to 14]. (Edit: Whaddya know, it changes automatically)

Eric_the_Red
03-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I like to score games when I'm there, although I only get a scorecard every few games. I find that it keeps me more involved in the game, but less involved in any conversation with the people I go to the game with.

And, happy birthday!

Redsfan320
03-20-2010, 10:37 AM
I actually don't score at games. I score at home. Have my scorecard on Excel, input line-ups and SPs, umps, weather, etc., print them out and score.

And, thanks!

reds1869
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I do sometimes, I really enjoy it. It helps me see trends that I might not otherwise and it keeps me involved in the game.

hebroncougar
03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I decided whenever I watch one on TV this year with my 3 year old daughter, I'm going to try and teach her how to do this.

Redsfan320
03-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I decided whenever I watch one on TV this year with my 3 year old daughter, I'm going to try and teach her how to do this.

Good Luck! I can see it happening, if you keep it simple.

Captain Hook
03-21-2010, 02:42 AM

Good luck with that.My 3 year old son can't stand watching baseball on TV all though I do have hopes that this summer is a little different.He does enjoy going to the games though and also has a pretty good left arm and and has a mean swing as well.I really hope he warms up to baseball soon.The wiggles are killing me.

smith288
03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I bought an iPhone app called iScore that does scoresheets. Its pretty sweet and you can buy an addon that will download all the MLB roster to your phone.

SunDeck
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I used to score pretty consistently, when I was going 20 or so times a year. I found that it really enhanced the experience of watching the game.

max venable
03-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm such a Reds freak/geek...I can remember scoring games on my bedroom floor as a 5th grader while listening to Marty and Joe. Did it all the time. May still have some of my old scorecards (from 30 years ago).

Love to keep score. Love it, love it, love it. I'm so geeky, I even go back and study old score cards just for the "fun" of it.

Reds Fanatic
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I always keep score whether at the game or just watching from home. I have always liked to keep score as it keeps me more involved in watching the game. If you like to keep score Bob Carpentar who is an announcer for I believe the Nationals now puts out really good scorebooks. I use those to keep score.