PDA

View Full Version : MLB managers on the hot seat

PedroBourbon
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Brief photo article on Fox sports. Duhsty was #9 out of 12.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/gallery/Rosenthal-major-league-managers-on-the-hot-seat-032410#sport=MLB&photo=11075698

Vottomatic
03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/gallery/12-rookies-to-watch#sport=MLB&photo=11076332

They also list Chapman under the article "12 rookies to watch".

markymark69
03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I'll admit I like Dusty. He's better than what they have had recently, with the possible exception of Pete Mackanin. Unless it's a very bad start for the Reds, I think he's safe until the end of the season. I just can't see the Reds paying him not to manage. And, the article was right, there are really no viable replacements, unless you're ready for Rick Sweet.

Wait until after the season, when the field of managers expand and then get one a good one and don't settle for the minor-league guy or the bench coach or the friend of the GM, etc, etc.

Dusty does some things I don't like, but let's face it --- whoever was managing this club and whoever will manage this club in the future will always face scrutiny from fans, it's a part of the gig.

I think the Reds, realistically are a year away, but I do think the sub-.500 streak comes to an end this season and if that happens, the manager question will not be an issue unless Dusty elects not to return.

PedroBourbon
03-26-2010, 10:32 AM
the article was right, there are really no viable replacements, unless you're ready for Rick Sweet.

That's true, I think he's safe until the end of the year too. They bring up going after Tony LaRussa but that would be big money (for a manager.) I don't know that LaRussa would consider staying in the division either. Of course I didn't think Rick Pitino would ever coach in the state of KY again.

mattfeet
03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
I'll admit I like Dusty. He's better than what they have had recently, with the possible exception of Pete Mackanin. Unless it's a very bad start for the Reds, I think he's safe until the end of the season. I just can't see the Reds paying him not to manage. And, the article was right, there are really no viable replacements, unless you're ready for Rick Sweet.

Wait until after the season, when the field of managers expand and then get one a good one and don't settle for the minor-league guy or the bench coach or the friend of the GM, etc, etc.

Dusty does some things I don't like, but let's face it --- whoever was managing this club and whoever will manage this club in the future will always face scrutiny from fans, it's a part of the gig.

I think the Reds, realistically are a year away, but I do think the sub-.500 streak comes to an end this season and if that happens, the manager question will not be an issue unless Dusty elects not to return.

Good post, I agree 110%. :thumbup:

-Matt