PDA

View Full Version : Rehabilitating Pitchers

mace
03-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know the status of the various (mostly starting) pitchers who were injured last year? I mean, if they're throwing now; if they'll be ready to go when the season starts. We've seen pictures of Ismael Guillon throwing (very peculiar follow-through, it appears); but is he a go?

Those I can think of, right off, are Guillon, Kyle Lotzkar, Evan Hildenbrandt, Scott Carroll, Clayton Shunick, James Avery and Dallas Buck. Any others? Any word?

OnBaseMachine
03-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I've seen pictures of Ismael Guillon, Daryl Thompson, and Dallas Buck throwing but I'm not sure about the others. It sounds like Guillon has been impressing. A few weeks ago Keith Law reported that scouts were impressed by Guillon in Instructional League, as he was apparently throwing 90-93 with a good changeup. Then yesterday on a poster Doug's website said he talked to a Reds pitching coach who said Guillon was impressing and surprising some people. I can't wait to see how he does in the AZL this season.

lollipopcurve
03-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I've seen pictures of Ismael Guillon, Daryl Thompson, and Dallas Buck throwing but I'm not sure about the others. It sounds like Guillon has been impressing. A few weeks ago Keith Law reported that scouts were impressed by Guillon in Instructional League, as he was apparently throwing 90-93 with a good changeup. Then yesterday on a poster Doug's website said he talked to a Reds pitching coach who said Guillon was impressing and surprising some people. I can't wait to see how he does in the AZL this season.

The pics of Guillon are impressive. In particular, the one of him following through to the point where his chest his against his front leg is amazing. That's some serious finishing.

redsof72
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Lotzkar, Hildenbrandt, and Shunick will begin the season in extended as they continue their rehabs.

redsof72
04-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Others not ready to start the year are Bray, Avery, and Serrano.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Others not ready to start the year are Bray, Avery, and Serrano.

What's wrong with Serrano?

RED VAN HOT
04-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I saw Thompson throwing to hitters on the "Louisville" minor league field on March 13 and he looked strong to me.