PDA

View Full Version : PMP Certification

gonelong
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I recently completed my PMP certification. Along the way I received more than a handful of really nice guidelines and techniques that made studying for the exam and taking the exam much easier.

I'd be happy to pass along this info if anyone is in the process of getting their PMP. Just send me a PM.

GL

Degenerate39
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Congrats. I recently got my PIMP Certification

Joseph
03-27-2010, 12:14 AM
What is PMP certification GL?

Yes I know I could google this, but this lets you brag some more [rightly so] as well as informs us/me.

Razor Shines
03-27-2010, 01:01 AM

That's not easy to get, but it sometimes it can be necessary.

gonelong
03-27-2010, 01:37 AM
What is PMP certification GL?

Yes I know I could google this, but this lets you brag some more [rightly so] as well as informs us/me.

It's not like you have to be a genius to get certified :p:, you just need your management's support and to do the work. I'd be stunned if there are not a number of PMP certified posters on this board.

To be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) one needs to document a number of hours of PM experience, take 35 hours of PM training, and pass a certification exam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Management_Professional

I do officially lead some smaller projects (and often unofficially assist on larger projects) and a few of our project managers have the certification so I thought it would be beneficial if I could "speak the language". Not really sure if I want to pursue project management as the only thing I do ... but it does leave that as a possibility.

GL

TeamSelig
03-28-2010, 03:04 PM

:lol:

PedroBourbon
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM

I honored the "slapping" class.

TeamSelig
03-29-2010, 06:00 PM
It ain't easy.