PDA

View Full Version : Brandon McCarthy

Tom Servo
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Rangers optioned RHP Brandon McCarthy to Triple-A Oklahoma City.

McCarthy was done in by two things: his extremely poor spring and the Rangers' other young, promising pitchers. He wasn't bad during his time last year, but he'd given up 11 runs in his 12 1/3 innings and walked nearly as many as he'd stuck out this spring, and with Colby Lewis among others making a strong push for the rotation, he just couldn't afford to rest on last season's laurels. He'll start the year at Triple-A Oklahoma City, but there are a few teams in need of starters and McCarthy is a very usable option. Don't be surprised if he's dealt early in the season.

from rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds try and swing a deal for him. He's always been at least an average starter, maybe a move to the NL and new scenery could help.

wolfboy
03-27-2010, 04:58 PM
from rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds try and swing a deal for him. He's always been at least an average starter, maybe a move to the NL and new scenery could help.

A change of scenery could help him, but he's a fly ball pitcher that doesn't miss bats. GABP would be a very bad fit.

LoganBuck
03-27-2010, 05:13 PM
As a Reds fan it is nice to finally say, "The guys we have are better than him, all of them."

Team Clark
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
As big as a fan as I am of Brandon McCarthy, the Reds have better, younger arms right now.

Blitz Dorsey
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, for once, we don't need starting pitching.

Wait, did I just write that? Hold on, I can't be serious. Someone has stolen my brain.

Dan
03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
from rotoworld.

How about we stop picking up other teams' garbage for a change? I know it seems like forever, but we actually have some pitching depth this season. Let's run with that before we try to find the next Pete Schourek.