PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about the offense?

Ron Madden
03-29-2010, 02:40 AM
I know Spring Training numbers mean little or nothing but I'm still concerned with this clubs ability to score runs.

The Reds have played 24 games so far this spring and according to Hal McCoy they have scored 2 runs or less in 11 of those games. :yikes:

This worries me.

:(

dougdirt
03-29-2010, 03:24 AM
How many games have we played our starters in for more than 5 innings? My guess is 0. Not our normal 1-8 or even could be 1-8 with switching in Gomes/Dickerson/Hanigan/Balentien. It is spring training. When we have a game like today where only Stubbs and Phillips were the 'every day' players in the lineup. Hanigan was the only other player in the lineup I would expect to get more than 25 starts from the rest of the bunch.

TheNext44
03-29-2010, 03:40 AM
They are averaging 4.72 runs a game overall, so they haven't been that terrible.

They've had a bunch of low scoring games, but Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Scott Rolen, and Orlando Cabrera were all OPS around .500-.600 for most of the spring. That's not going happen all season long. And there aren't too many players putting up crazy good spring numbers either, so the offense is going to be better in the regular season.

One positive note that I have seen mentioned. Brandon Phillips has 6 walks in 39 AB's. That would be around a 80 walk season, double his average, if he keeps it up.

pedro
03-29-2010, 04:08 AM
I'd venture that the Reds have as great a possibility for widely divergent potential offensive outcomes as any team in the majors this year. There are just a lot unknowns for them offensively.

What will Jay Bruce do? Will he repeat last year or hit .310 with 40 HR's? Somewhere in between?

How will the old guys (Rolen, Cabrera, Herdandez) do? Will any/all of them collapse or will they be solid contributors?

Will the real Drew Stubb's please stand up? Mike Cameron or Brian Anderson?

Chris Dickerson? Is he really as good a hitter as he's been in his small sample size in the majors or has he just been BAPIP lucky? (not to mention defensively is he really as good a fielder as some here think? Is LF a problem for him?)

Brandon Phillips? As goes the team, so goes Brandon IMO. If the Reds falter I think Phillips may too. I just don't see him leading the way offensively. I hope he proves me wrong.

Is Ryan Hanigan really this good at getting on base?

The only guys I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how they will do are Votto and Gomes. I think Votto is a lock for an .900 OPS and 30 HR's and I think Gomes, if given the right 300 AB's, will hit another 20 HR's and OPS around .850. But I firmly believe that if Gomes gets 500+ AB's his stats will suffer a great deal. Gomes is the kind of guy I think Earl Weaver would have used perfectly but I think there would be diminishing returns were he to play everyday.

In any case, I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out. IMO the Reds are as interesting this year as any year since 2000 and while I don't think they're "there" yet I do think there is as much to be hopeful about as there has been in a long time and for that I am thankful.

Let the games begin.

Ron Madden
03-29-2010, 04:30 AM
I'd venture that the Reds have as great a possibility for widely divergent potential offensive outcomes as any team in the majors this year. There are just a lot unknowns for them offensively.

What will Jay Bruce do? Will he repeat last year or hit .310 with 40 HR's? Somewhere in between?

How will the old guys (Rolen, Cabrera, Herdandez) do? Will any/all of them collapse or will they be solid contributors?

Will the real Drew Stubb's please stand up? Mike Cameron or Brian Anderson?

Chris Dickerson? Is he really as good a hitter as he's been in his small sample size in the majors or has he just been BAPIP lucky? Is he really as good a fielder as some here think? Is LF a problem for him?

Brandon Phillips? As goes the team, so goes Brandon IMO. If the Reds falter I think Phillips may too. I just don't see him leading the way offensively. I hope he proves me wrong.

Is Ryan Hanigan really this good at getting on base?

The only guys I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how they will do are Votto and Gomes. I think Votto is a lock for an .900 OPS and 30 HR's and I think Gomes, if given the right 300 AB's, will hit another 20 HR's and OPS around .850. But I firmly believe that if Gomes gets 500+ AB's his stats will suffer a great deal. Gomes is the kind of guy I think Earl Weaver would have used perfectly but I think there would be diminishing returns were he to play everyday.

In any case, I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out. IMO the Reds are as interesting this year as any year since 2000 and while I don't think they're "there" yet I do think there is as much to be hopeful about as there has in a long time and for that I am thankful.

Let the games begin.

Good post, and I believe a very accurate one. :thumbup:

I guess I just found 2 runs or less in 11 outta 24 games a bit alarming and over reacted.

pedro
03-29-2010, 05:03 AM

I guess I just found 2 runs or less in 11 outta 24 games a bit alarming and over reacted.

I wouldn't call it overreaction. They haven't looked all that good offensively and the potential to be really really inept is certainly there. The potential is there though. At least we aren't banking on Biitner and Krenchicki to exceed expectations. Now that was grim.

GAC
03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
But isn't it hard to gauge how good/bad an offense is going to be in ST when you're playing so many different and varied lineups, split squad games, looking at young players, putting in guys you signed to minor league contracts, and not playing your regulars on a regular basis?

lollipopcurve
03-29-2010, 08:30 AM
In answer to the question, yes.

RedFanAlways1966
03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
What has changed since last year? Everyone is a year older ; Rolen starts Opening Day with the club ; different SS. Are those changes enough? The 2009 squad avg. only 4.1 runs per game. In 162 games last year...

* 3 runs or less = 77 games (47.5%).
* 2 runs or less = 51 games (31.5%).

Hard to argue that the REDS were a strong offensive team last year. Can it be argued that they are better this year and/or was enough effort put forth by the FO to make them better? As pedro stated above there are a lot of unknowns. My guess is that they are not a lot better. They will not score much more than last year. But that is just a guess... one that I hope is wrong.

Roy Tucker
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm in the unfamiliar territory of worrying more about the Reds' offense than its pitching.

flyer85
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
this team is very likely to be severely OBP challenged and doesn't have a ton of power either. The pitching and defense had better be very good.

durl
03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
What has changed since last year? Everyone is a year older ; Rolen starts Opening Day with the club ; different SS. Are those changes enough? The 2009 squad avg. only 4.1 runs per game. In 162 games last year...

* 3 runs or less = 77 games (47.5%).
* 2 runs or less = 51 games (31.5%).

Hard to argue that the REDS were a strong offensive team last year. Can it be argued that they are better this year and/or was enough effort put forth by the FO to make them better? As pedro stated above there are a lot of unknowns. My guess is that they are not a lot better. They will not score much more than last year. But that is just a guess... one that I hope is wrong.

I would suggest that there were a few other factors that held the Reds offense back last season:

- Willy Taveras leading off for WAY too many games.
- Votto missing a lot of games.
- Bruce injured and (perhaps) the sophomore slump.
- Edwin Encarnacion not putting up the numbers everyone had hoped.

Granted, you never know what each season will bring when it comes to injuries. Every team battles that "unknown." MLB Network said that Phillips is the key to the Reds making the postseason. I would counter that Votto and Bruce are the true keys. If they live up to their potential this year, the Reds will have a great run.

I'm holding out hope that the Reds will continue their good run at the end of last season. That group of guys is returning mostly intact...just a year older as you pointed out.

dfs
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
- Willy Taveras leading off for WAY too many games. They are planning on replacing him with Drew Stubbs. Now, we all hope for better from Stubbs, but the Cory Patterson career path is certainly a possible trajectory.

- Votto missing a lot of games.No assurance that it won't happen again.

- Bruce injured and (perhaps) the sophomore slump.ditto.

- Edwin Encarnacion not putting up the numbers everyone had hoped.It wasn't just Edwin, it was the guy they brought in to replace him when he was hurt was terrible too. Adam Rosales is gone, but Aaron Miles is the "upgrade"

Pedro has it spot on. This team is as volatile as any in the majors. It could explode and it could expire.

flyer85
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
the Reds have an OBP problem up and down the lineup ... wishing it wasn't true won't make it go away.

Falls City Beer
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
The only thing this team has comfortably nailed down is its defense. Everything else? Anyone's guess.

fearofpopvol1
03-29-2010, 02:50 PM
the Reds have an OBP problem up and down the lineup ... wishing it wasn't true won't make it go away.

sad but true. outside of Votto and possibly Rolen...this team is likely to struggle to get OBP.

The pitching is a question mark too.

The plus is that the defense should be quite good to excellent.

Like Pedro said...it should be a very interesting year to watch because there are so many unknowns.

Spring~Fields
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Seems like the following might be a part of the discussion in this thread.

"I'm happy with the way it sets up. But I'm not real thrilled with the amount of production we've had yet," Reds manager Dusty Baker said of his lineup.

"It's the best lineup I can come up with a few guys changing in and out or whatever. We still have some more potential lineups."

Most fans write to me and complain about Phillips batting fourth. Some want him to bat second.

"Where are you going to put [Orlando] Cabrera?" Baker said.
A reporter said it's been suggested to him that Cabrera should bat eighth.

"Where are you going to put Hernandez?" Baker responded.

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/03/back_in_the_saddle.html

Perhaps Mr. Jocketty and Mr. Castellini, just haven't done a good enough job to make things better.

Edd Roush
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Wrong thread

Sea Ray
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM

I don't think you over reacted. I think the offense is this team's #1 concern. This team will likely struggle to score runs. It may very well make them frustrating and boring to watch as well. We can pretend the signs aren't there but scoring runs is looking to be problematic indeed

nate
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not solely concerned with the offense, I'm concerned with the starting pitching as well. The defense and bullpen are likely to be solid.

membengal
03-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Now my answer is in the wrong thread. Curses, Edd Roush...

Spring~Fields
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't think you over reacted. I think the offense is this team's #1 concern. This team will likely struggle to score runs. It may very well make them frustrating and boring to watch as well. We can pretend the signs aren't there but scoring runs is looking to be problematic indeed

I think that they will score more runs this year than they did in the past two years, and that there will be plenty of games that are enjoyable. I don't think that things are as rough as some of us like to chirp that it is, and I don't think it is as grandiose as other's have projected it to be. Something in the middle can be a nice season, and enjoyable.

paulrichjr
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm not solely concerned with the offense, I'm concerned with the starting pitching as well. The defense and bullpen are likely to be solid.

I'm curious why on the pitching? I have never seen so many quality pitchers on the Reds in my 42 years. I guess my concern is that Baker might not pull the plug fast enough on someone like Harang (if he pitches poor). We could literally have a better rotation in AAA than many teams in the majors have...I know it will be better than some recent Reds team in the past 10 years.

flyer85
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Dusty is right about one thing, he likely doesn't have many options. There is a chance Dickerson could have a good OBP. The question is would Dusty run him out there daily and bat him at the top of the lineup.

I was indifferent to the Cabrera signing but the more I think about it and the closer it gets to opening day the less I like. Carbrera will most likely bring below average offense and defense. The Reds might have been better off to roll the dice with Janish ... but maybe not. There just weren't any good options at that point.

Hopefully with guys like Heisey and Frazier the future is brighter and hopefully they won't be traded to fix what can't be fixed.

edabbs44
03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Dusty is right about one thing, he likely doesn't have many options. There is a chance Dickerson could have a good OBP. The question is would Dusty run him out there daily and bat him at the top of the lineup.

I was indifferent to the Cabrera signing but the more I think about it and the closer it gets to opening day the less I like. Carbrera will most likely bring below average offense and defense. The Reds might have been better off to roll the dice with Janish ... but maybe not. There just weren't any good options at that point.

Hopefully with guys like Heisey and Frazier the future is brighter and hopefully they won't be traded to fix what can't be fixed.

The good thing about Cabrera is that he is only locked in here for one year.

nate
03-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm curious why on the pitching? I have never seen so many quality pitchers on the Reds in my 42 years.

Because it was amongst the league worst last year, propped up entirely by an excellent defense.

That's not to say I don't _want_ them to be good. I just have tempered expectations. Which Homer Bailey is "real?" For that matter, which Johnny Cueto is "real?" Who's the fifth man? Harang and Arroyo kind of are what they are in being league average.

I guess my concern is that Baker might not pull the plug fast enough on someone like Harang (if he pitches poor). We could literally have a better rotation in AAA than many teams in the majors have...I know it will be better than some recent Reds team in the past 10 years.

Perhaps. For me, they just have to do it.

Falls City Beer
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Because it was amongst the league worst last year, propped up entirely by an excellent defense.

That's not to say I don't _want_ them to be good. I just have tempered expectations. Which Homer Bailey is "real?" For that matter, which Johnny Cueto is "real?" Who's the fifth man? Harang and Arroyo kind of are what they are in being league average.

Perhaps. For me, they just have to do it.

Goodness, yes. I'll only add my favorite pitching chestnut: pitching to MLB hitters is HARD....

flyer85
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
The good thing about Cabrera is that he is only locked in here for one year.
the bad thing is the Reds have the same issues at SS and catcher. No clear heir apparent to a declining vet. Maybe Cozart will step up and hit but seems to me that his upside offensively would be around average.

bucksfan2
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
the bad thing is the Reds have the same issues at SS and catcher. No clear heir apparent to a declining vet. Maybe Cozart will step up and hit but seems to me that his upside offensively would be around average.

There are a lot of teams in that same boat.

REDblooded
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
without looking to verify, I'm pretty sure the Royals have put 14+ on the board a few times this spring...

Sea Ray
03-29-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that they will score more runs this year than they did in the past two years, and that there will be plenty of games that are enjoyable. I don't think that things are as rough as some of us like to chirp that it is, and I don't think it is as grandiose as other's have projected it to be. Something in the middle can be a nice season, and enjoyable.

I think the offense will be better this year than last. Bruce 2010 should be better than Bruce 09; Rolen 2010 should be better than EE 09; Cabrera 2010>Janish 09; anything in CF trumps Willy.

So I'm expecting an over .500 year and hopefully make things interesting in Sept, but I think the bugaboo will be the offense

edabbs44
03-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Which is an obvious issue, but it has been played properly for now by getting a short term stopgap.

I am less concerned about this year and am more looking towards the next 5 or so years. I am hoping that Walt looks to address those obvious gaps through trades/drafting of near majors players. Maybe we see those positions targeted in deals of Harang, Arroyo or Cordero.

It's obvious that Walt knows that those are his weak spots, but they are tough positions to fill. If there are young guys available there, I would bet that Cincy will be involved.

Sea Ray
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I am less concerned about this year and am more looking towards the next 5 or so years. I am hoping that Walt looks to address those obvious gaps through trades/drafting of near majors players. Maybe we see those positions targeted in deals of Harang, Arroyo or Cordero.

It's obvious that Walt knows that those are his weak spots, but they are tough positions to fill. If there are young guys available there, I would bet that Cincy will be involved.

I think that's a pipedream. How often do you see players traded who are making in excess of 8 figures/yr for something good? Generally it's merely a salary dump if they get traded at all. My guess is if you want a real fix to those positions you'll need to think about dealing a guy like Volquez, Cueto, Alonso or Francisco. I'd be willing to part with any of those guys in the right deal.

edabbs44
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I think that's a pipedream. How often do you see players traded who are making in excess of 8 figures/yr for something good? Generally it's merely a salary dump if they get traded at all. My guess is if you want a real fix to those positions you'll need to think about dealing a guy like Volquez, Cueto, Alonso or Francisco. I'd be willing to part with any of those guys in the right deal.

Deadline deals.

fearofpopvol1
03-29-2010, 07:29 PM

i think cozart could be at least average offensively and above average defensively. that's really all the reds need, so long as dusty bats him lower in the lineup.

Spring~Fields
03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I think the offense will be better this year than last. Bruce 2010 should be better than Bruce 09; Rolen 2010 should be better than EE 09; Cabrera 2010>Janish 09; anything in CF trumps Willy.

So I'm expecting an over .500 year and hopefully make things interesting in Sept, but I think the bugaboo will be the offense

After these last five 2010 preview games, er um I mean spring training games, I think, that I want to print a retraction, if I accidentally wrote anything that might be misconstrued as an optimism toward the Reds offense. :lol:

Sea Ray, Are you sure that you don’t want more OBP at the top of the order, shoot maybe even, positions 1-9 :devil:

:help:

Will M
03-29-2010, 09:01 PM

agree.

i feel that even with the above it will be the offense that keeps this team from the playoffs. just too many hopes & IFs.

one position that no one has mentioned is catcher. we are relying on a 30 something catcher with bad knees to have a bounce back year & not be an offensive black hole. maybe we need to add some prayers to the hopes & IFs?

Falls City Beer
03-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey maybe we can just trade some of that pitching depth we have...oh wait. NM.

Sea Ray
03-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Sea Ray, Are you sure that you donít want more OBP at the top of the order, shoot maybe even, positions 1-9 :devil:

:help:

Oh, I definitely want more. But all I was doing was comparing the 2010 Reds offense to the 2009 squad. That team was OB challenged as well

edabbs44
03-29-2010, 09:58 PM
This team will likely struggle offensively. Big deal. If you are expecting them to win something in 2010, then that is on you.

Have fun watching them get experience. Root for progress. W/L won't mean all that much this season, though it will be real nice if they show material improvement.

11larkin11
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but...

OPS
Stubbs-1.063
Gomes-1.014
Hernandez-.983
Votto-.963
Balentein-.930
Hanigan-.820
Bruce-.800

Not too worried over ST stats.

HokieRed
03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Guy who worries me is Phillips.

Spring~Fields
03-30-2010, 12:00 AM
This team will likely struggle offensively. Big deal. If you are expecting them to win something in 2010, then that is on you.

Oh gee thanks, I feel much better now. :evil:

Spring~Fields
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey maybe we can just trade some of that pitching depth we have...oh wait. NM.

HOMER'S DAY: Homer Bailey went five innings, allowing five runs on five hits against the Los Angeles Dodgers' Single-A team Bailey threw 85 pitches..
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100329/SPT04/3300365/1071/Lineup+constant++production+isn+t+for+Reds

Spring~Fields
03-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Another Central title not in the Cards
By Jon Paul Morosi is a national MLB writer for FOXSports.com.

A lot of people expect the St. Louis Cardinals to win the National League Central for the seventh time since 2000.

I'm not one of them.

NL Central team previews
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/another-central-title-not-in-the-cards

Blitz Dorsey
03-30-2010, 01:19 AM
From the "you bet your (rear end)" department ... heck yes I am worried about the offense. I am very confident in the pitching staff (starters and 'pen) but the Reds HAVE to stay healthy to have a shot at producing enough runs to win. If they have Votto and Bruce miss a bunch of games like last year, that will pretty much end their chances IMO.

I am optimistic about this year ... picked the Reds to have a winning record for the first time in several years (barely a winning record, but still a winning record -- 83-79) -- but I am still very concerned about the offense. At least the team lucked out with Gomes though. That would have been real bad if they didn't get him back. That was a gamble that certainly worked. I probably would have been foolish enough to give him $2 million or something and here he signed for basically the vet minimum after getting no takers from other teams.

Ron Madden
03-30-2010, 04:02 AM
agree.

i feel that even with the above it will be the offense that keeps this team from the playoffs. just too many hopes & IFs.

one position that no one has mentioned is catcher. we are relying on a 30 something catcher with bad knees to have a bounce back year & not be an offensive black hole. maybe we need to add some prayers to the hopes & IFs?

:wave:

There were a few of us calling for an upgrade at Catcher and SS during the off season. Most of us were willing to part ways with Hernandez and weren't real thrilled with the signing of Cabrera.

Ron Madden
03-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Haven't read the whole thread, but...

OPS
Stubbs-1.063
Gomes-1.014
Hernandez-.983
Votto-.963
Balentein-.930
Hanigan-.820
Bruce-.800

Not too worried over ST stats.

Let's revisit those OPS numbers in October. ;)

Ltlabner
03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Could have ended the thread after Pedro's post on the first page. He nailed it. There's a chance the offense could be average or maybe even good. There's a chance it could crater but at least this year there's some sort of chance that something good could actually happen.

If forced to chose there are too many things that can derail it. OBP issues. Age issues. Injury issues. Misapplication of resources (i.e thinking Gomes is a full-time player). Poor lineup construction exacerbated by a lack of options. Random luck of players having an off year (Votto has an off year and we're likely screwed).

In short, yes, the offense has some chance of being ok. That's a damn site better than what we've had. But its still a very small chance and one likely to be derailed before its all said and done.

And I agree with Nate that the starting pitching aint rock solid either.

Volatile is a good adjective for the team. It's likely to either be a very exciting or a total trainwreck. I can't see it being a ho-um season as we coast into a distant 3rd place.

Ron Madden
03-31-2010, 06:13 AM
We keep reading and hearing from the folks covering the Reds that the players on this club strike out too much, that very well could be true. I believe the strike outs are only a fraction of the problem. The fact is this club just makes too many outs, fly outs, pop ups, ground outs or Ks it makes very little difference, outs are outs.

Chip R
03-31-2010, 10:00 AM
We keep reading and hearing from the folks covering the Reds that the players on this club strike out too much, that very well could be true. I believe the strike outs are only a fraction of the problem. The fact is this club just makes too many outs, fly outs, pop ups, ground outs or Ks it makes very little difference, outs are outs.

Excellent point, Ron. The misconception some here have that people think strikeouts are OK. I don't think anyone believes a strikeout is a positive outcome. But these people don't think that strikeouts are any worse than a regular out. Unless there's a runner on 3rd with no outs, a double play is worse than a strikeout.

RedsManRick
03-31-2010, 11:46 AM

Excellent point. When I hear people around the Reds organization talk, I often think they lose the forest for the trees.

Ltlabner
03-31-2010, 05:25 PM

Yep...and up and down the lineup we have guys who are very good at making those outs in all their various forms.

Not exactly a recipe for run scoring success.

WebScorpion
04-01-2010, 01:59 AM
This anemic offense has only scored 20 runs today...what will we do? :rolleyes:

dougdirt
04-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Petition MLB to allow the Reds to schedule split squad games during the regular season?

Spring~Fields
04-01-2010, 02:54 AM

Hope that they continue to face this level of pitching I guess or a lot of left handed pitching.

Oakland IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Braden 5.1 12 7 7 1 2 2 5.91
Kilby 0.2 1 1 1 1 0 0 6.52
Gaudin 1.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 7.84
Bailey, A 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1.50
Rodriguez, H 1.0 0 0 0 1 1 0 4.82

LA Dodgers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Towers 4.0 12 10 9 0 2 1 8.40
Monasterios 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.80
Ortiz, Ra 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.08
Miller, Ju 1.0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3.00
Ayala 1.0 0 2 0 1 0 0 4.35
Perez, Ju 1.0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3.00

2010 Season Outlook
It's hard to get too excited over Braden this spring with the news that he'll never regain feeling in part of his left foot, but he continues to insist he'll pitch through any problems.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28749

Dallas Braden
http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=28749

Josh Towers
http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=4701

Ron Madden
04-01-2010, 04:43 AM

Hey bub, ya wanna buy a watch. ;)

WebScorpion
04-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Hey bub, ya wanna buy a watch. ;)
Nope, don't use them. My point is simply that if we spend so much time focusing on what we think this team won't do, we'll miss what they are doing. As for me, I intend to watch as many games as possible and enjoy watching this group of young exciting players play the game I love. :beerme:

Ron Madden
04-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Nope, don't use them. My point is simply that if we spend so much time focusing on what we think this team won't do, we'll miss what they are doing. As for me, I intend to watch as many games as possible and enjoy watching this group of young exciting players play the game I love. :beerme:

I hope each and everyone of us can enjoy at least that much. :thumbup: