PDA

View Full Version : Confused about XM and MLB

BUTLER REDSFAN
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I just got XM in my car at Christmas time. I get several different MLB games to choose from on my radio in the car. I cant get WLW from where I sit at work and had assumed I could get games on my netbook computer. I tried but it said the channels I was trying to get online were not available online?!??They were on ch 187 that day. Why can I get these on my car XM but not on the computer???

Joseph
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
MLB blackout rules and the fact that they sell subscriptions to listen to MLB online.

You can't even listen to the MLB channel.

BUTLER REDSFAN
03-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Just making sure I understand...to get these games I need to subscribe to another service off of the service I already subscribe to???

BuckeyeRed27
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Just making sure I understand...to get these games I need to subscribe to another service off of the service I already subscribe to???

Right. I think MLB.com has its own deal for that.
Or you can sit in your car, but I'm guessing that doesn't help.
You could get a portable XM radio. I think they charge a small fee for having a 2nd radio and that might be cheaper than getting another subscription.

IslandRed
03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Yep. XM bought rights to re-transmit MLB broadcasts via satellite. It doesn't own the online rights.

As for me, I dropped XM (baseball was the primary reason I still had it) when the MLB.com iPhone app came out last year. Game audio is included, and I can get the Reds feed home or road.