PDA

View Full Version : Are we ever going to play a sunday night game?

redsfan_12
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Last one I can remeber was a few years against the Dodgers on Mothers Day

Ghosts of 1990
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Last one I can remeber was a few years against the Dodgers on Mothers Day

It was like 2003 with Dave Miley (I might be wrong, it might have been when Miley got fired and Pete what's his face took over) and we were completely depleted. Thought it was against the Giants though.

None this year. It really stinks. I think MLB should adopt some flex scheduling where they chose teams from all around MLB baseball based on hot streaks and matchups like the NFL does.

I really miss playing on ESPN Sunday Night and Wednesday night baseball

krm1580
03-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Not likely. Since the Reds are in the NL, they are automatically eliminated from 90% of the Sunday night games since there seems to be some requirement to show the Yankees or the Red Sox in some derivative.

That only leaves a handful of Sunday night games remaining and if you don't fall on the schedule of the Mets, Cubs or Dodgers when those rare Sundays come around you will not see a Sunday night game.

Ghosts of 1990
03-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Not likely. Since the Reds are in the NL, they are automatically eliminated from 90% of the Sunday night games since there seems to be some requirement to show the Yankees or the Red Sox in some derivative.

That only leaves a handful of Sunday night games remaining and if you don't fall on the schedule of the Mets, Cubs or Dodgers when those rare Sundays come around you will not see a Sunday night game.

And Philly of course. You'd think St. Louis/Cincy could land a national TV game with all of our young stars (especially when Chapman comes up) and with Pujols on the Cards; but no.

FWIW I think the Red Sox are so bland to watch and I watch almost anybody.

MBZags
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I think ESPN has some flexibility with the Sunday Night schedule, no? I remember a few times earlier in the decade when the Reds were either pushed on or pushed off the "worldwide leader." If the Reds tear it up at the beginning of the season, you have to think that ESPN will at least consider putting them on in primetime.

huber14
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
The weeks of June 6-27, August and September is the ESPN Sunday night flex scheduling days and will be announced 2 or 3 weeks before the games. So if the Reds start out at the top, a game could be changed to Sunday night. Source: http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/01/espn%E2%80%99s-sunday-night-baseball-features-star-studded-early-season-schedule/

RedsATOfreak
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I remember going to the last sunday night game, I was heckling milton bradley to go back to candyland or to buy park avenue off of me.