PDA

View Full Version : All Reds Minor league rosters are up

icehole3
04-05-2010, 06:45 AM
here you go guys http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Happy/HappyWave.gif

Louisville Bats (INT)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=416

Carolina Mudcats (SOU)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=249

Lynchburg Hillcats (CAR)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=481

Dayton Dragons (MID)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=459

Billings Mustangs (PIO)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=513

JaxRed
04-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Those aren't final rosters. For example Pawelek is listed at Lynchburg and he's been released.

Same thing with Carolina and Bour.

icehole3
04-05-2010, 07:28 AM
I saw that I guess its a work in progress then

medford
04-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I was wondering about only having 3 OFs in High A and AA (currently) on those lists. I'm assuming they'll add at least 1 OF at each spot, perhaps someone will move up and Yorman will start out in Dayton this year? Is Duran going to repeat the low end rookie ball again or will he make his way up to Billings when their season kicks off this summer?

Degenerate39
04-05-2010, 09:04 AM
The Reds have a stacked minor league system.

icehole3
04-05-2010, 09:36 AM
in the lower minors there's a lack of power IMO

George Anderson
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Where is Tucker Barnhart at?

JaxRed
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Extended Spring Training. Means he'll be in Az Rookie League

Boston Red
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
What happened to Chris Burke? Did he not go to Louisville?

JaxRed
04-05-2010, 11:58 AM
These rosters are NOT final.

Guacarock
04-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Looks like the Reds still have one open slot for positional players at Louisville, Carolina and Lynchburg, but a minimum of five available players left to try to squeeze into those three openings. The remaining unassigned guys: Miller (C), Yarbrough (C), Burke (INF), Danielson (OF) and whoever goes down from Cincy once Leake gets summoned to start.

In addition, the current Louisville pitching staff, showing 18 hurlers, suggests a serious glut at AAA, even if a few of those guys open the year on the DL. I can see Bray, Fisher, Thompson, Young starting on the DL, but the Reds will still need to trim further to get down to quota.

Anyone have any thoughts who'll go, who'll stay and who might get reassigned?

Already, it appears a lot of the older prospects are being squeezed out, guys like Terrero, Baez, Delgado, West and Reineke in addition to the previously announced releases of Miles, Laboy and Wells.

And where is Smit? It doesn't appear he's been assigned anywhere, although he was invited to pitch in the spring camp. Is he injured, still in flux, or on his way out? Anyone got the scoop or a reasonable speculation?

dougdirt
04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Looks like the Reds still have one open slot for positional players at Louisville, Carolina and Lynchburg, but a minimum of five available players left to try to squeeze into those three openings. The remaining unassigned guys: Miller (C), Yarbrough (C), Burke (INF), Danielson (OF) and whoever goes down from Cincy once Leake gets summoned to start.

In addition, the current Louisville pitching staff, showing 18 hurlers, suggests a serious glut at AAA, even if a few of those guys open the year on the DL. I can see Bray, Fisher, Thompson, Young starting on the DL, but the Reds will still need to trim further to get down to quota.

Already, it appears a lot of the older prospects are being squeezed out, guys like Terrero, Baez, Delgado, West and Reineke in addition to the previously announced releases of Miles, Laboy and Wells.

And where is Smit? It doesn't appear he's been assigned anywhere, although he was invited to pitch in the spring camp. Is he injured, still in flux, or on his way out? Anyone got the scoop or a reasonable speculation?
Pay no attention to the AA or AAA rosters yet. They are still mostly from last season.

corkedbat
04-06-2010, 12:52 AM

They could always use Lincoln's spot to help ease the congestion.

nemesis
04-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Miller will in up in AAA with Denove and Yarbrough in AA along with Dainelson. Burke seems to be an odd man out. Smit will probaly be the 4th starter in AA Behind Klinker, Thompson and Buck....

Guacarock
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks Nemesis. Seems like you are on target with your projections, except I don't see Burke being left out to dry. More likely, Griffin will be cut loose or sent down to AA.

Pray tell, what is a "Resident PED Expert?" I trust you're not dabbling in performance-enhancing drugs, but do explain.

nemesis
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks Nemesis. Seems like you are on target with your projections, except I don't see Burke being left out to dry. More likely, Griffin will be cut loose or sent down to AA.

Pray tell, what is a "Resident PED Expert?" I trust you're not dabbling in performance-enhancing drugs, but do explain.

I used to dabble. Alot. But age and knowledge have taken me to better and higher roads. I still try and guide anyone who has curiosity in that field or who those who are improperly using PED's to safer roads even if they refuse to get off those roads. The one thing being a Roid Boy has taught me is to spot other Roid Boys... Kinda like gay-dar. Lol. Not that there is anything wrong about being gay.