PDA

View Full Version : Why did they keep Lincoln?

icehole3
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I honestly feel the Cardinals were insulted that the Reds brought in a pitcher of Lincoln's caliber and they made the Reds pay for it. The other thing is I question Dickerson's baseball IQ somewhat, how do you not know who's coming home and make an accurate throw instead of the laser attempt, Puhols was jogging home.

thatcoolguy_22
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
The sky is falling

icehole3
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I just asked a question, maybe I'll ask it tomorrow, maybe youll feel better then.

KronoRed
04-05-2010, 05:36 PM
The sky is falling

We should DFA Dickerson, Lincoln and Masset.

We still have a shot at 161-1.

forfreelin04
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I honestly feel the Cardinals were insulted that the Reds brought in a pitcher of Lincoln's caliber and they made the Reds pay for it. The other thing is I question Dickerson's baseball IQ somewhat, how do you not know who's coming home and make an accurate throw instead of the laser attempt, Puhols was jogging home.

Ice,

As a fan that was also insulted by some of the in-game selections today, I agree with you. I don't think the Cards were insulted rather than just pleased with who was pitching. Albert was licking his chops I'm sure.

Dickerson's IQ should not be questioned. He's still a relatively young player to the big leagues. I think he just got overanxious and put too much on a ball that he knows needs to be level or bounced to the catcher. Even if his airmail is a direct shot to Hernandez, its much harder for him get the tag on the runner. Hence the preference of the bounce.

icehole3
04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Ice,

As a fan that was also insulted by some of the in-game selections today, I agree with you. I don't think the Cards were insulted rather than just pleased with who was pitching. Albert was licking his chops I'm sure.

Dickerson's IQ should not be questioned. He's still a relatively young player to the big leagues. I think he just got overanxious and put too much on a ball that he knows needs to be level or bounced to the catcher. Even if his airmail is a direct shot to Hernandez, its much harder for him get the tag on the runner. Hence the preference of the bounce.

I appreciate the honest answer, this place man I tell you has turned into...

Hoosier Red
04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
They put him in because when he wasn't hurt, he wasn't a bad pitcher. I still wouldn't let him pitch to Albert Pujols, but I think your anger at who the Reds put in a game in the 6th inning(pretty much any middle reliever coming in the 6th is by definition mediocre at best.) is a bit much.

forfreelin04
04-05-2010, 06:40 PM
They put him in because when he wasn't hurt, he wasn't a bad pitcher. I still wouldn't let him pitch to Albert Pujols, but I think your anger at who the Reds put in a game in the 6th inning(pretty much any middle reliever coming in the 6th is by definition mediocre at best.) is a bit much.

I don't think I'd let anyone this side of Tim Lincecum pitch to Pujols. However, the Reds, for whatever reason, have always seen differently. Guy is nails and "the hitter" of his generation.

That being said, there was much more than just Pujols beating Lincoln around. The guy gave up four hits, one of which was to Pujols. He also was taken out before more damage could be done.

People will call Ice and myself over reactors, but I see nothing that leads me to believe Lincoln warrants a roster spot. If the guy finishes the year with an ERA under 5, I'd be shocked.

Did he lose the game? Certainly, he did not. If Massett holds in the 9th, the game is winnable. However, I fail to see why a guy like Lincoln is on a big league ballclub, let alone thrust into the first bullpen appearance of the year when he is most definitely the worst pitcher on the club.

icehole3
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
why cant these things be talked about on a baseball message board without people flipping out, geez, everyone is supposed to shut up and not post, for crying out load this board has changed

_Sir_Charles_
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
OMG Ice...quit griping and just shut up already. :O) I keed, I keed.

Seriously though, I somewhat agree with you guys. Lincoln being on the club is questionable to say the least. He does have a very good arm & stuff. He's had success in the past when healthy. But he really doesn't have much in terms of upside. Where that bothers me is when we've got some talented young pitchers in the minors waiting for a slot. I know the money owed Lincoln is a concern for the Reds, but their main concern should be results.

He didn't really impress during ST and he was pretty far from impressive last season, so I'm not sure what the Reds were looking for in terms of criteria from him...for all the griping about Balentien & Cairo and roster spots...Lincoln is the roster spot that surprised me most.

Bumstead
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
why cant these things be talked about on a baseball message board without people flipping out, geez, everyone is supposed to shut up and not post, for crying out load this board has changed

What does this have to do with the post? Lincoln is a mediocre relief pitcher. Mediocre relief pitchers come in in the 6th inning of games their team trails in. If he has a 5 ERA he will be an average 6th inning relief pitcher. What RH reliever was a better option? It's one outing. You aren't barbecuing Masset...The Reds management chose to pitch to Pujols...why do that?

Bum

flyer85
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
beats me

icehole3
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
What does this have to do with the post? Lincoln is a mediocre relief pitcher. Mediocre relief pitchers come in in the 6th inning of games their team trails in. If he has a 5 ERA he will be an average 6th inning relief pitcher. What RH reliever was a better option? It's one outing. You aren't barbecuing Masset...The Reds management chose to pitch to Pujols...why do that?

Bum

I understand baseball dude, Lincoln shouldve been the last man in, his role is mopup not first reliever in a game thats still in reach, thats my only point and to have guys freaking on me whether its game one or game 2 or game 100, I dont care, its just a message board we can express opinions and its a good thing (using my Marvin Lewis voice) its going to be OK, I will bring up a Dusty error in judgement next time too. As far another reliever, how about Owings

westofyou
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Bum
The sixth inning is the domain of the tweener and that's what Lincoln is, when the Reds can go from starter to closer without a hitch 162 games then I'll be surprised, not when they actually fail to convert the opportunity day after day.

Bumstead
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I understand baseball dude, Lincoln shouldve been the last man in, his role is mopup not first reliever in a game thats still in reach, thats my only point and to have guys freaking on me whether its game one or game 2 or game 100, I dont care, its just a message board we can express opinions and its a good thing (using my Marvin Lewis voice) its going to be OK, I will bring up a Dusty error in judgement next time too. As far another reliever, how about Owings

I don't think anybody's freakin', I think they are poking fun. JMO

I guess we could have brought Masset in earlier... :p:

icehole3
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
The sixth inning is the domain of the tweener and that's what Lincoln is, when the Reds can go from starter to closer without a hitch 162 games then I'll be surprised, not when they actually fail to convert the opportunity day after day.

he mayve been tweener a few years ago, I'll give you that but here...today...he's mopup only IMO when the Reds are losing by 6 or 7, really he shouldve been cut

icehole3
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't think anybody's freakin', I think they are poking fun. JMO

I guess we could have brought Masset in earlier... :p:

I hope so, I was getting worried about all the sensitivity rolling around here

pedro
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I find lots of things insulting.

Kc61
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Did he lose the game? Certainly, he did not. If Massett holds in the 9th, the game is winnable. However, I fail to see why a guy like Lincoln is on a big league ballclub, let alone thrust into the first bullpen appearance of the year when he is most definitely the worst pitcher on the club.

Back in 2008, when he was effective, Lincoln seemed to do best in one-inning stints. I don't think he is a natural for the role of middle innings eater. Again today he wasn't bad in his first inning, but was hit hard in his second inning.

Matt700wlw
04-05-2010, 07:25 PM
When Lincoln is used, which he's going to be since he's on the team, and Dusty can get 1 good inning out of him, unless it's a mop up role and the game is out of reach, he should be happy and move on to the next guy.

I expect Massett to rebound. I expect very little out of Lincoln.

Bumstead
04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I hope so, I was getting worried about all the sensitivity rolling around here

I think people get their panties in a bunch an awful lot around here...Apparently one can block posters that they can't communicate with...hmmm...ahhhh, I just leave them all out there and see how they react.

As to the topic: was there a better option than Lincoln that the Reds sent to AAA?

Will M
04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
When Lincoln is used, which he's going to be since he's on the team, and Dusty can get 1 good inning out of him, unless it's a mop up roll and the game is out of reach, he should be happy and move on to the next guy.

I expect Masset to rebound. I expect very little out of Lincoln.

agree.

i think with the 2009 he had & the spring he had that the Reds should waive him. He will clear. They can offer to send him to AAA & see if he can get anybody out. I don't think there is a single team in baseball that will pick him up for the minimum if we waive him.
if he actually rebounds at AAA they can recall him. if he doesn't they can release him & he can retire.

if the Reds truly feel that guys like Burton & Maloney need AAA time then they can keep Lincoln on the team ONLY to protect other arms. He does not pitch unless we are down by at least 5 runs. mop up duty only

_Sir_Charles_
04-05-2010, 08:02 PM
As to the topic: was there a better option than Lincoln that the Reds sent to AAA?

Burton, Maloney, Lehr come to mind. Plus numerous AAA relievers with potential.

If Lincoln's role is mid-to-long reliever (and I think it is), then Maloney & Lehr fit that role better. I'd prefer that Matt stay a starter though. I'm sure others can give better descriptions of the minor league relievers who fit Lincoln's role.

Screwball
04-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Looks like Lincoln's the new Mike Stanton. It'll be a little while but my guess is eventually they'll have to eat his mistake of a contract.

wheels
04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I find lots of things insulting.

Yup.

Me too, Daddy.

Opening Day is awesome though. Can't nothin' bugger it up fer me.

;)

Will M
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Burton, Maloney, Lehr come to mind. Plus numerous AAA relievers with potential.

If Lincoln's role is mid-to-long reliever (and I think it is), then Maloney & Lehr fit that role better. I'd prefer that Matt stay a starter though. I'm sure others can give better descriptions of the minor league relievers who fit Lincoln's role.

agree.

as to Maloney he will either be a reliever as a Red or traded. thanks to Leake, Chapman, Wood & the hopefull healthy return of Volquez he has dropped way down the the list of Reds starters.
he had a nice year in AAA in 2009. i am not sure what he has to prove by going back to AAA for a 3rd go round.

mth123
04-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Put me in the camp that thinks every time Lincoln pitches its a mistake. He shouldn't be on the team.

If he and some cash can't be peddled for a PTBNL, then just DFA the guy. He shouldn't upset. He'll be getting wonderful parting gifts.

Falls City Beer
04-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Put me in the camp that thinks every time Lincoln pitches its a mistake. He shouldn't be on the team.

If he and some cash can't be peddled for a PTBNL, then just DFA the guy. He shouldn't upset. He'll be getting wonderful parting gifts.

The problem with the bottom of this organization's pitching barrel is that everyone looks exactly alike. Remove Lincoln, get a Lincoln lookalike.

Will M
04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
The problem with the bottom of this organization's pitching barrel is that everyone looks exactly alike. Remove Lincoln, get a Lincoln lookalike.

completely disagree. Lehr could put up a 5.50 ERA in a long relief role. I suspect Maloney could do even better.

Falls City Beer
04-05-2010, 10:24 PM
completely disagree. Lehr could put up a 5.50 ERA in a long relief role. I suspect Maloney could do even better.

They all surrender the HR at alarming rates. Six of one; 1/2 dozen the other. Go ahead. Replace him. And see if anything changes. I'm not defending Lincoln, he sucks. But honestly, they're all cut from the same puke-patterned cloth.

fearofpopvol1
04-05-2010, 10:34 PM
They all surrender the HR at alarming rates. Six of one; 1/2 dozen the other. Go ahead. Replace him. And see if anything changes. I'm not defending Lincoln, he sucks. But honestly, they're all cut from the same puke-patterned cloth.

that's simply not true. burton or fisher would be better choices. heck, i'd rather have bill bray over lincoln.

Falls City Beer
04-05-2010, 10:35 PM
that's simply not true. burton or fisher would be better choices. heck, i'd rather have bill bray over lincoln.

I thought Burton made the team. Carlos Fisher has been just as awful.

mth123
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM

Del Rosario and Fisher are ground ball machines. Worst case, use that spot to audition a number of promising kids until you find a guy on a hot streak. To plug it with such a poor pitcher as Lincoln hurts not only the team's production, but clogs the roster. I'm hoping that Lincoln goes to make room on the 40 man when Leake is added and he was only kept to buy another week to try and move him. Francisco to AAA and Lincoln to anywhere with Leake and one of the kids added. Fisher, Del Rosario, Maloney, Lecure, Viola, eventualy Jordan Smith, Jared Burton and Bill Bray all seem like reasonable options as soon as this season and some right now. Lincoln has simply got to be a short timer with those guys all in the wings. I'm higher on some than others (not particularly optimistic about Lecure or Viola) but there are more coming in the next wave. I'd also try moving Owings to a more important role. He may be this season's version of Masset. He seems like a different guy in one or two inning stints.

Captain Hook
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree with Ice.It's opening day with a day off tomorrow.You have DRH, Masset, Rhodes, Ondrusek, even Owings to handle the 6th 7th and 8th inning.With Cordero going in the 9th and a off day coming up I figured that Lincoln would be the last guy we'd see in a close game.

While I often do a decent job of laying off Baker for every little thing he does that irritates me there always seems to be one thing that I just can't let go.This was it today.

fearofpopvol1
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I thought Burton made the team. Carlos Fisher has been just as awful.

No, Burton was optioned to AAA. How do you figure Fisher has been awful? As a rookie, a sub 4.5 ERA in 2009, 50 hits in 52 innings with 48 Ks? Lots of groundballs? That stuff sucks? Those stats are awful? And worse than Lincoln? Hmm...

The only thing he really needs to work on his limiting his walks. He had 31 BB last year.

mth123
04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
No, Burton was optioned to AAA. How do you figure Fisher has been awful? As a rookie, a sub 4.5 ERA in 2009, 50 hits in 52 innings with 48 Ks? Lots of groundballs? That stuff sucks? Those stats are awful? And worse than Lincoln? Hmm...

The only thing he really needs to work on his limiting his walks. He had 31 BB last year.

As a minor leaguer Fisher didn't really walk a lot of guys. I chalk that up to rookie jitters. Kid was kind of a long shot who started pitching pretty late. I still think he can be a valuable pen arm for the late innings. Probably not a closer though. Jordan Smith just may be this team's next closer.

Captain Hook
04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Why don't the Reds just DFA Lincoln?No one will claim him and if they do then the Reds are off the hook for the money they owe him.But more then anything no one will claim him.Send him down to AAA and let him work on what ever it is that he needs to work on without killing the Reds every time he gets in the game.

OnBaseMachine
04-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Mike Lincoln is terrible. I was stunned that Dusty Baker would bring him in in a two run game. What made it worse is he left him in for a second inning against the heart of the Cardinals order. That had disaster written all over it, and the results were exactly what I expected. Lincoln shouldn't be on this team.

Jpup
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I've been the biggest Mike Lincoln supporter on this board, but there is no explanation to bringing him in the game today. It was 4-2 on Opening Day in Cincinnati and you pitch Mike Lincoln. Crazy.

mth123
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Why don't the Reds just DFA Lincoln?No one will claim him and if they do then the Reds are off the hook for the money they owe him.But more then anything no one will claim him.Send him down to AAA and let him work on what ever it is that he needs to work on without killing the Reds every time he gets in the game.

He has enough service time that he could refuse and become a free agent while still getting his money. It seems the Reds don't want to pay him to stink somewhere else. They want to get their money's worth and let him stink up our pen.

fearofpopvol1
04-05-2010, 11:13 PM
As a minor leaguer Fisher didn't really walk a lot of guys. I chalk that up to rookie jitters. Kid was kind of a long shot who started pitching pretty late. I still think he can be a valuable pen arm for the late innings. Probably not a closer though. Jordan Smith just may be this team's next closer.

My point is that there isn't really any sense that he is pitching in AAA while Lincoln is at the Show. FCB claimed they both were equally as bad, more or less, which is very farfetched.

mth123
04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
My point is that there isn't really any sense that he is pitching in AAA while Lincoln is at the Show. FCB claimed they both were equally as bad, more or less, which is very farfetched.

Agree. Fisher's injury may have bought Lincoln another week or two on the roster.

Captain Hook
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
He has enough service time that he could refuse and become a free agent while still getting his money. It seems the Reds don't want to pay him to stink somewhere else. They want to get their money's worth and let him stink up our pen.

Does't the other team have to pay him if he is claimed before 10 days?Even if they wait the 10 day and the Reds have to pay him doesn't the other team have to keep him on their big league roster?

I just think all of these things work out in the Reds favor if they really do want to keep Lincoln.Don't get me wrong.I'd love for the Reds to assume the same things I have only to have it backfire in their faces and loose Lincoln permanently.

Will M
04-05-2010, 11:51 PM
i'll say it again: DFA Lincoln & not team in baseball will pick him up. then say to him "you can go home or you can go to AAA." i suspect Lincoln would go to AAA. he'll get paid either way but athletes tend to only retire when their career is 100%, no doubt, stick a fork in it over. so he likely would go the AAA route with the hope that he can get someone out & get back to the show.

now could he sign a minor league deal for some other team? sure. but its really no big loss. if he somehow starts pitching well & that team calls him up it actually would save the Reds a little cash (Reds pay him $2.1M this year & the other team pays him $400K)

Will M
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Mike Lincoln is terrible. I was stunned that Dusty Baker would bring him in in a two run game. What made it worse is he left him in for a second inning against the heart of the Cardinals order. That had disaster written all over it, and the results were exactly what I expected. Lincoln shouldn't be on this team.

i was stunned also. his spring training screamed 'mop up man' if we had no one better in the 7th bullpen spot. to pitch him in a game that wasn't a blowout was stupid.

little things matter. a 4-4 game in the 9th is different than being down 6-4 in the 9th. or maybe Ramon was swinging for the fences in the 8th but in a 4-4 game he would have just been trying for a base hit. a two run deficit in the middle innings was not the time to bring in the worst pitcher in the pen.

Reds1
04-06-2010, 12:12 AM
He's here because of the money due to him. They want to give him a shot. Tough situation though to have him out there. The whole pen was fresh and a day off tomorrow. Didn't like the move today.

Guacarock
04-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I can understand why the Reds added Lincoln to the bullpen to open the season:

1. They owe him a wad of dough this season.
2. He didn't look atrocious in the pen this spring although he flopped in his short-lived tryout as a starter.
3. His chief competitors for the final bullpen slot all fell by the wayside with Bray and Fisher injured, Burton serving up gopher balls by the bucket and Maloney appearing shaky both as a starter and in relief. Only Lehr clearly outpitched Lincoln in Arizona, but the Reds seemingly wanted Lehr to remain held in reserve, and stretched out as a starter, at Louisville -- whether to continue coaching the young guns or as a primo AAA insurance policy.

All that said, it's unfathomable why Lincoln would be summoned out of the pen on opening day in a close game as our first reliever called into action. Owings should have received the nod, not only because he was much more likely to keep us in the game, but he could have done double-duty by hitting with greater probability of success than Cairo.

And, after making the mistake of inserting Lincoln in the wrong situation, why compound the error by leaving him on the mound for multiple innings? All of his worst outings this spring came when he was being stretched out, while he demonstrated flashes of his former, more dominant (2008) self when used in short, 1-inning stints.

I'm not so inclined to dump on Lincoln here as to question Dusty. It's opening day, after all, with 42,000 fans in the stadium. Instead of Owings, Baker chose Lincoln. Instead of Stubbs, Dickerson. Instead of Gomes, Nix. And then there's Cairo making an appearance as our first pinch hitter.

There's a pattern here. I wouldn't be too chafed about it on a lot of days -- say, weekday businessmen's special matinees or mid-season Sunday surprises a la Bob Boone. But on opening day, jeesh. Give me a break!

OnBaseMachine
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
It doesn't sound like Thom Brennaman is a big fan of Mike Lincoln either. This is from last night:

Edit - there's some mild language ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LswdQCY6Db0&feature=player_embedded

http://redlegnation.com/2010/04/12/this-games-about-to-go-into-the-er-thom-brennaman-vs-a-hot-mic/

icehole3
04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I cant make out what he said

OnBaseMachine
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I cant make out what he said

On Mike Lincoln entering the game - "This game's about to go into the crapper" (except he doesn't say crapper)

VR
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
He was forced to pitch two innings because Cueto couldn't make it past 5 last night. If they worst guy in the pen can make hitters look as silly as Lincoln made them look last night....you've got a pretty good pen.

bucksfan2
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
He was forced to pitch two innings because Cueto couldn't make it past 5 last night. If they worst guy in the pen can make hitters look as silly as Lincoln made them look last night....you've got a pretty good pen.

Lincoln looked pretty good for 5 hitters. He started to nibble a little bit with Hanley which is perfectly acceptable. I don't know what you expect Dusty to do. Cueto didn't pitch well and left early leaving 5 innings for the pen to eat. I thought the pen did a pretty good job last night. Actually Lincoln looked nasty last night.

Hoosier Red
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Owings' effectiveness as a long reliever is making it difficult for Dusty to figure out where to put him in a game.
I'd think if the starter only goes 5 innings, Owing's is the go to guy for the next 2-3.

However if the game is a threat to go extras(which one isn't) than you don't want to burn him as a pitcher or as a hitter too early.

lollipopcurve
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
On Mike Lincoln entering the game - "This game's about to go into the crapper" (except he doesn't say crapper)

Thom Brennaman is his father's son.

westofyou
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Thom Brennaman is his father's son.

Can YOU believe that... I mean can YOU believe THAT?

I don't BELIEVE that...

OnBaseMachine
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
I like Thom. He's a pretty good announcer, IMO.

lollipopcurve
04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Can YOU believe that... I mean can YOU believe THAT?

I don't BELIEVE that...

Mercy.

Bumstead
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought Lincoln looked really good last night until he got to Hanley. I mean, if he had only pitched 1 inning in each game, nobody would have anything to complain about with Lincoln. I think we know who controls that. It's too bad Cueto kept getting behind in the count to almost every hitter...

Bum

nate
04-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Hot Rod had the nice curveball working for him last night. That thing is a bender. I'd love to see the pitchFX data on it.

VR
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I thought Lincoln looked really good last night until he got to Hanley. I mean, if he had only pitched 1 inning in each game, nobody would have anything to complain about with Lincoln. I think we know who controls that. It's too bad Cueto kept getting behind in the count to almost every hitter...

Bum

Hanley is one of the best hitters in baseball. He worked him hard, but Lincoln prevailed and got him out on a weak grounder.

Chip R
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Owings' effectiveness as a long reliever is making it difficult for Dusty to figure out where to put him in a game.
I'd think if the starter only goes 5 innings, Owing's is the go to guy for the next 2-3.

However if the game is a threat to go extras(which one isn't) than you don't want to burn him as a pitcher or as a hitter too early.

My theory is that Owings is the guy to come in if the starter gets hurt or is ineffective in the first through the 4th inning. That way he can leave him in there for 3-5 innings and not have to worry about pinch-hitting for him. Once it gets past the 5 inning point, the middle guys come in and Owings goes to the bench to pinch hit in the 9th inning if need be.

Bumstead
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Hanley is one of the best hitters in baseball. He worked him hard, but Lincoln prevailed and got him out on a weak grounder.

Oh, I know, he just seemed to start losing the location on the Curve Ball during that sequence of pitches, plus he must threw 7-9 pitches to Hanley. Then Cantu came up and he was immediately behind him to. My point was that he was great for 1 and 1/3 innings and maybe the guy controlling who comes in and goes out should maybe start to realize that is his limit of effectiveness...? Just sayin'...

Bum

Tom Servo
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
It doesn't sound like Thom Brennaman is a big fan of Mike Lincoln either. This is from last night:

http://redlegnation.com/2010/04/12/this-games-about-to-go-into-the-er-thom-brennaman-vs-a-hot-mic/
Whenever Lincoln comes out I am now going to say that phrase outloud.

Captain Hook
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
If Lincoln can pitch like he did last night for the rest of the season he will be at the very least, useful at times this year.He probably doesn't have much of a chance to earn the kind of money he's making but it would be nice for one of higher paid guys in the BP to not absolutely kill the team every time he goes out there.

Amazingly that would leave Cairo as the only completely useless player that I can't stand being on the roster.He is sure to be the first to go once one of the younger guys at AAA starts screaming to be called up.At that point I won't know who to throw a fit about every time they get into the game.Maybe no one?:dunno:

Will M
04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
either Chris or Jeff mentioned on TV that Lincoln's spring numbers were very much affected by the Arizona weather. since his bread and butter pitch is the curveball and it wouldn't break in the dry air. that actually had me encouraged a tiny bit. he certainly wasn't as bad last night as he was in the spring or on opening day. time will tell.

reds44
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHA. Makes me like Thom even that much more.