PDA

View Full Version : One negative and one positive from Game 1:

Kingspoint
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
The negative:

15 times there was a runner on first and less than two outs giving our pitchers and defenders 15 plate appearances to induce a Groundball-Double-Play. We failed on all 15 opportunities. You can't pitch and play defense like that. I don't know if it was bad pitch-calling by whoever was in charge of that, or what, but if I had to put the blame on something, I'd have to put it on the pre-game preparation by the Coaches/Catchers/Pitchers when they discuss how they're going to approach each opposing hitter.

The positive:

The Offensive production shown by Stubbs, Rolen, Votto, Phillips, Francisco and Nix. If we can get that type of production from 6 different players every game, we're going to win the Division.

Jack Burton
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
The Negative:

Dusty Baker is our manager

The Positive:

We're one game closer to Dusty Baker not being our manager.

mroby85
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
The Negative:

The Positive:

lol

The Positive: Joey Votto is a stud.

The Negative: Harang is washed up.

Newport Red
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
The Negative:

The Positive:

Well, we're always one game away from something.

Griffey012
04-06-2010, 09:30 PM
The Negative:

The Positive:

This is something Cubs fans love to do. Blame everyone else but the players on the field for not performing. Please refrain from putting us in a category with Cubs fans.

The Negative: We do not have our best roster in the MLB. Fundamentals killed us. And Harang looked just ok, we need Harang to look good.

The Positive: Rolen showing some power. The rookies (Stubbs, Fransisco, Ondrusek) looked great. Hopefully that is the last time Lincoln pitches before Ondrusek now.

CWRed
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
The negative: Some people still think Dusty is an ok manager.

The positive: He's not. Ok that's not a positive.
True positive: Dreaming of the day he's not the Reds manager.

Ohioballplayer
04-06-2010, 10:57 PM

The Negative: The Reds lost
The Positive: I was in Sanibel Island, Florida

See you all in 1 more week!

arkimadee
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
The negative: Half the crowd left after the 6th inning when we were still in the game. Makes me sick. Some people who want to go to this game can't afford tickets.

The positive: It was an entertaining game compared to what I figured it would be. Usually a Carpenter game is watching reds players get 1 hit.

Griffey012
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Ever since the days of McKeon we have blamed every manager for being a terrible manager, making horrible moves, not being able to handle a pitching staff, etc. Ever since McKeon we haven't had quality talent. This is the most talent we have had in 10 years. If you think we lost because of Dusty you are dreaming.

How about...

The Negative: We have minor league talent on our major league roster.

The Positive: We have major league talent in AAA.

mroby85
04-07-2010, 07:37 AM
I've always stuck up for Dusty, and I don't hate him, but I think he makes a lot of questionable decisions. He basically packed it in in the 6th inning when the fans did by bringing Mike Lincoln into a 2 run game. Mike Lincoln shouldn't even be on the roster, and if he is he shouldn't be pitching in 2 run games. He should only come in when the game is completely out of hand.

Griffey012
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I figure we never get rid of Lincoln if he doesn't pitch. I just pray Lincoln is on some sort of really short leash.

Jack Burton
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
This is something Cubs fans love to do. Blame everyone else but the players on the field for not performing. Please refrain from putting us in a category with Cubs fans.

Why don't you go root for the team you liked before Griffey signed w/ the Reds.

bounty37h
04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
^ I thought he made a good point overall, better then anything I have ever seen you bring here.

Jack Burton
04-07-2010, 02:08 PM
^ I thought he made a good point overall, better then anything I have ever seen you bring here.

Cool :thumbup:

Griffey012
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Why don't you go root for the team you liked before Griffey signed w/ the Reds.

I am, that would be the Cincinnati Reds. Been a fan ever since I met Chris Sabo during Spring Training with my Grandfather when I was barely old enough to remember.

Jack Burton
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
^ And you think Dusty does an admirable job at the helm?

defender
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
The negative:

15 times there was a runner on first and less than two outs giving our pitchers and defenders 15 plate appearances to induce a Groundball-Double-Play. We failed on all 15 opportunities. You can't pitch and play defense like that. I don't know if it was bad pitch-calling by whoever was in charge of that, or what, but if I had to put the blame on something, I'd have to put it on the pre-game preparation by the Coaches/Catchers/Pitchers when they discuss how they're going to approach each opposing hitter.

The positive:

The Offensive production shown by Stubbs, Rolen, Votto, Phillips, Francisco and Nix. If we can get that type of production from 6 different players every game, we're going to win the Division.

Nice post. The Reds had a poor defensive day. I think they will play a lot better tonight.

SullyGator
04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice post. The Reds had a poor defensive day. I think they will play a lot better tonight.

Any they have. Much better so far.

Vottomatic
04-07-2010, 10:21 PM
How'd that work out.

0-2