PDA

View Full Version : Guys Unaccounted For

mace
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
This is sort of collected together from other threads . . . but there are several players who appear on no roster and have not (as far as I can discern) been listed as released. I'm sure there are more, but the guys who come to mind are:

Bill Bray (probably on the DL, but not listed on the Louisville roster)
Ben Jukich
Sean Watson
Derrik Lutz
Misael DeJesus
Steve Otterness
Hector Santana

Anybody know anything about these folks? Or others who haven't been accounted for? (There are a few from last year's Billings roster who fall into that category, but I'm assuming they're headed back to Billings.)

batsfan
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Also, Kevin West.

dougdirt
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Hector Santana was released.

OnBaseMachine
04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
From Baseball America:

Cincinnati Reds

Released: RHP Arshwin Asjes, RHP Josh Beal, RHP Forest Cannon, RHP Ramon Geronimo, RHP Adian Kummet, RHP Luis Montano, RHP Zach Ward, RHP Kip Wells, RHP Jake Wiley, C Jason Bour, 1B Dave Stewart, 2B Yen-Wen Kuo, OF Tony Brown, OF Albert Laboy, OF Kevin West

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=8203#more-8203

mace
04-08-2010, 01:27 PM
A few surprises on that list.

According to Doug's post elsewhere, Jukich will be in extended spring. So we're whittling it down.

Is there any rule that prevents a team from stashing a player (say, in extended spring, or whatever) without placing him on a roster?

mace
04-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Another: Terrell Young

dougdirt
04-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Another: Terrell Young

He had shoulder surgery last season. Odds are that he just isn't ready to go yet.

mace
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
According to goya, on another thread, Bray is indeed on the 7-day DL, and so is Jose Arredondo.

So our unknowns are down to Watson, Lutz, DeJesus and Otterness.

Doc. Scott
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Otterness was cut over the winter. I'm pretty sure.

GOYA
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I think the chances of Misael DeJesus being released are pretty good. I haven't seen anything about it though.

corkedbat
04-08-2010, 04:43 PM
According to goya, on another thread, Bray is indeed on the 7-day DL, and so is Jose Arredondo.

So our unknowns are down to Watson, Lutz, DeJesus and Otterness.

Is Lotzkar in extended ST also?

camisadelgolf
04-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Mike Konstanty has been converted to pitcher, but I don't see him on any rosters.

The Reds traded Jerry Hairston for Chase Weems (a prime candidate to get cut) last year, but I don't see him on any rosters either.

The recently-signed Po-Cheng Chi isn't listed anywhere, but I would guess that he's in extended spring training so he can get acclimated with the new culture.

Where is Dayne Read? Scouts seem to like him, but he isn't listed anywhere.

mace
04-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Is Lotzkar in extended ST also?

Whether it's extended spring or the DL, the list of not-ready pitchers, as far as I can tell, consists of Lotzkar, Hildenbrandt, Shunick, Bray, Young, Arredondo and Carroll. And possibly Watson and/or Lutz. At least.

Guacarock
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Whether it's extended spring or the DL, the list of not-ready pitchers, as far as I can tell, consists of Lotzkar, Hildenbrandt, Shunick, Bray, Young, Arredondo and Carroll. And possibly Watson and/or Lutz. At least.

Also Jukich.

gedred69
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
A friend won the use of a private suite at 5th/third for the game tomorrow night that I will take advantage of. Anybody got ideas of the starting Line-up? (I have a real desire to see Coddington and Gregorius play).

dougdirt
04-09-2010, 02:47 AM
A friend won the use of a private suite at 5th/third for the game tomorrow night that I will take advantage of. Anybody got ideas of the starting Line-up? (I have a real desire to see Coddington and Gregorius play).

Those two should be playing. So you should be good to go.

Luvsbaseball
04-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Lutz is still in Arizona. He should pitch in a extended spring training game in about 2 weeks.

redsof72
04-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Otterness retired to take a job as a commercial pilot. Santana was released. The rest of those guys are still in the organization, mostly rehabing. Weems is in extended.

HokieRed
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe I've just missed it, but I can't remember seeing anything about James Avery[?]

mace
04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks luvs, 72, et al. So, to update our list of guys either rehabbing, in extended or on the DL, so far as we know:

Bray, Arredondo, Young, Lutz, Watson, Avery, Carroll, Serrano, Lotzkar, Hildenbrandt, Shunick. And Baez is hanging around the Bats in some hazy capacity.

That's some pretty good pitching. Or could be.

Edit: And Jukich.

camisadelgolf
04-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Maybe I've just missed it, but I can't remember seeing anything about James Avery[?]
Avery is battling injury.

edit:
Whoops, mace already addressed that.

HokieRed
04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks, guys. I remember the injury from last year; I guess I just missed his name from the rehabbing list.

mace
04-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Doggone it, forgot Jukich again (although, by all accounts, he's not hurt; just getting into pitching shape).

And hokie, I'd neglected to include Avery until you mentioned him; so you were right in pointing out his absence.