PDA

View Full Version : Hudy features commemorative Reds cans

Redlegs
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Just like they did back in the day, Hudepohl is featuring Reds baseball on their beer cans. Great to see this. :thumbup:

http://www.showyourhudy.com/

dougdirt
04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Just like they did back in the day, Hudepohl is featuring Reds baseball on their beer cans. Great to see this. :thumbup:

http://www.showyourhudy.com/
I might have to go buy some beer for the first time in my life....

westofyou
04-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I might have to go buy some beer for the first time in my life....

Who said Hudy is beer?

Reds1
04-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Very cool. I have my RC Reds collecdtion with the big Red machine days

Roy Tucker
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
"Do you wanna get moody with a Hudy?"

"Do you rock and roll with Hudepohl?"

Redlegs
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Who said Hudy is beer?

Me. :beerme:

American brewed, American owned.

westofyou
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Me. :beerme:

American brewed, American owned.

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/jeff's%20beer%20cooler.jpg

Redlegs
04-08-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/jeff's%20beer%20cooler.jpgLooks like you need some Hudy in there. Time to class up the place. :redbbcap:

westofyou
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
There's a Wiedemen there top shelf 4th from right... damn I loved a Wiedemen 8 pack in stuppy 12oz bottles.. whoops did I just date myself?

Redlegs
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
There's a Wiedemen there top shelf 4th from right... damn I loved a Wiedemen 8 pack in stuppy 12oz bottles.. whoops did I just date myself?I'd say there's a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings on here wondering what Wiedemen is. :D

Heath
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I'd say there's a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings on here wondering what Wiedemen is. :D

Give'em the "hi" sign!

Redlegs
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Give'em the "hi" sign!

LOL.

kheidg-
04-08-2010, 11:38 PM

That's an impressive stock.

Times like these I wish I lived closer to Cincy. I'd like to have a 12er of these commemorative cans. My dad has a huge old beer can collection with some of the more vintage ones.

I wonder if I can special order these from anywhere in Minnesota...

Sea Ray
04-09-2010, 12:38 AM
I don't see a Top Hat either, however that's just nitpickin'. I want to be invited to this guy's next party...:beerme:

Redlegs
04-09-2010, 09:28 AM
That's an impressive stock.

Times like these I wish I lived closer to Cincy. I'd like to have a 12er of these commemorative cans. My dad has a huge old beer can collection with some of the more vintage ones.

I wonder if I can special order these from anywhere in Minnesota...

You can check out www.showyourhudy.com , www.hudydelight.com , and www.christianmoerlein.com . If you don't find information, shoot an email to the Christian Moerlein website. They own the whole shabang.

Blimpie
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/jeff's%20beer%20cooler.jpgOkay, WOY...

I am hereby beginning my campaign to become your worst roommate ever.

Roy Tucker
04-09-2010, 12:21 PM
The sad thing is, I think I've drank most of those beers.

:all_cohol

WVRedsFan
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Every beer I drank in college is in that refrigerator. Memories of bad mornings...Country Club and Colt .45. Closest thing to unleaded gasoline I ever knew.

I notices Sterling in there. For cheap beer, it was...nah it was awful too...

vaticanplum
04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
That is the most obsessive compulsive fridge I have ever seen. Are those beers arranged geographically?

westofyou
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
That is the most obsessive compulsive fridge I have ever seen. Are those beers arranged geographically?

Nope, there's aLittle Kings Bottle on the bottom shelf right and the Wiedemen on the top shelf

Vada Pinson Fan
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
There's a Wiedemen there top shelf 4th from right... damn I loved a Wiedemen 8 pack in stuppy 12oz bottles.. whoops did I just date myself?

That's ok WOY, be proud of dating yourself cause I'm going to as well.
Back in the day, lol, I was known in Clifton as a guy who would partake in a draft or two and those beers I favored were of the local variety of course; Schoenling, Hudepohl, Burger and last but not least good ole Wiedemen(sp? Wiedeman?) beer.

Good times back then!!! Can't wait to pick up a twelve pack when available.

westofyou
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM
That's ok WOY, be proud of dating yourself cause I'm going to as well.
Back in the day, lol, I was known in Clifton as a guy who would partake in a draft or two and those beers I favored were of the local variety of course; Schoenling, Hudepohl, Burger and last but not least good ole Wiedemen(sp? Wiedeman?) beer.

Good times back then!!! Can't wait to pick up a twelve pack when available.

1/2 barrels of 6% Schoeling could be had for $48 bucks (plus deposit)

GAC
04-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Who said Hudy is beer?

Second that.

Was down at Opening day a couple years back, hanging out enjoying some micro brewery beer at the Rock Bottom, when I noticed they had a stand set up in Fountain Square selling Hudy for $3. It had been many years so I indulged.

They were overcharging for it. :evil:

And that is a very impressive collection there woy. Sadly enough I drank most of them. Is there a Blatz in there somewhere?

My cousin has an unopened six pack of Billy beer.

RichRed
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Black Label, Meister Brau, Natty Bo...ahhh, bad beer, great memories.

Milwaukee's Best, aka "The Beast", was the main beer of choice for my college buddies and me.

redhawkfish
04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Those are definitely college memory beers. Rolling Rock was considered the ultimate swill when I was in school. It some how became a "yuppie" beer and I thought they must have changed it, so I tried one about ten years ago and it was the same crap!

westofyou
04-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Alas I don't see any of this... which I would write $3.50 checks for a 12 pack at a Pony Keg in Madison Place

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/9987/4b354f45708a4_9987n.jpg

GAC
04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
My Dad was always known for buying the cheapest beer he could find. And probably because he knew his underage boys were stealing it. Yeah, like he didn't know that when he bought a six-pack and two come up missing, he couldn't do the math?

Back in the late 70's, when I was on leave, we went camping down in Ky. Mom and Dad went into town to get some groceries and Dad came back with a six pack of Cook's beer. I never heard of it. It was a plain white can with "Cook's" in red letters on it. That was it! I don't think he paid a $1 for it. So my brother and I popped one open, took a drink, and looked at each other like "Can you taste anything?". It had absolutely no taste whatsoever, so I couldn't even give it a swill ranking.

I asked Dad just how low was he going to go when it comes to beer? :lol:

So my brother and I hopped in the car and said we were going to get some REAL beer.

We came back with a 12 pack of Strohs. :mooner:

Now I don't know if that's the same F.W. Cooks, out of Evansville, Indiana, that is now out of business, but I can understand why.

westofyou
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
My Dad was always known for buying the cheapest beer he could find. And probably because he knew his underage boys were stealing it. Yeah, like he didn't know that when he bought a six-pack and two come up missing, he couldn't do the math?

Back in the late 70's, when I was on leave, we went camping down in Ky. Mom and Dad went into town to get some groceries and Dad came back with a six pack of Cook's beer. I never heard of it. It was a plain white can with "Cook's" in red letters on it. That was it! I don't think he paid a $1 for it. So my brother and I popped one open, took a drink, and looked at each other like "Can you taste anything?". It had absolutely no taste whatsoever, so I couldn't even give it a swill ranking.

I asked Dad just how low was he going to go when it comes to beer? :lol:

So my brother and I hopped in the car and said we were going to get some REAL beer.

We came back with a 12 pack of Strohs. :mooner:

Now I don't know if that's the same F.W. Cooks, out of Evansville, Indiana, that is now out of business, but I can understand why.

http://www.beercansrus.com/mcart/images/cooksgoldblume2.jpg

The F.W. Cook Company was established in 1853. F.W. Cook Brewing Company grew to become a large brewery (Show Above) with a tavan "The Rathskeller", in the basement of the main FW Cook Brewery building. Some of their labels included: Cook's Bock Beer, Cook's 500 Ale, Cook's Goldblume.

From Evanston In.

jojo
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I'd say there's a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings on here wondering what Wiedemen is. :D

I'm wondering why anyone would drink beer out of a can....

kheidg-
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm wondering why anyone would drink beer out of a can....

Personally, I like the taste of beer out a can better than out of a bottle

westofyou
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Personally, I like the taste of beer out a can better than out of a bottle

Personally I think both fall far below a fresh poured pint.

But cans work playing softball, or out in the wilderness, they are easier to pack out.

jojo
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Personally I think both fall far below a fresh poured pint.

But cans work playing softball, or out in the wilderness, they are easier to pack out.

Barbaric.

westofyou
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Barbaric.

Worst thing about cans is the beer is way more carbonated, it's a belch generator.

SunDeck
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Who said Hudy is beer?

There are some bloatarians in Cincinnati who brew what they insist is the old Hudepohl recipe. They say it's the original lager. I've had it- it's a very good beer. And I must say I have a fondness for 14-K, which was on tap free for the taking from my grandfather's refrigerator door. I pulled many a Hudy from that tap. It was a bright, clear crisp brew.

westofyou
04-10-2010, 03:27 PM
There are some bloatarians in Cincinnati who brew what they insist is the old Hudepohl recipe. They say it's the original lager. I've had it- it's a very good beer. And I must say I have a fondness for 14-K, which was on tap free for the taking from my grandfather's refrigerator door. I pulled many a Hudy from that tap. It was a bright, clear crisp brew.

I kid... I have a soft spot for old school mid-west lagers, including Hudy, but as GAC said, $3 a pop sours that memory.

Free beer is the best beer... and a Hudy Beerball in the sink is good start to a party

SunDeck
04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I kid... I have a soft spot for old school mid-west lagers, including Hudy, but as GAC said, $3 a pop sours that memory.

Free beer is the best beer... and a Hudy Beerball in the sink is good start to a party

No worries- but I'm sure the Portland beer market had improved your taste a bit. :beerme:

CrackerJack
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Yes it is, like the re-released Burger Classic and Hudy Delight, made with the original ingredients, and not the rice and cheap ingredients of what we remember in the 80's and early 90's.

That said, it's better than I remember, but only something I drink when I don't want to get too tipsy/drunk, family gatherings etc.., And I'll take a 14-k or Delight over a Miller or Bud Lite any day.

I'm completely hooked on craft brews, and drink as much local stuff as I can. A nice, hoppy Pale Ale cannot be beat. Mt. Carmel Brewery makes a couple of fine ones, and although Moerlein only distributes locally, looking forward to their new IPA soon...as well as the new Moerlein Lager House bar on the Banks next year.

GAC
04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
and a Hudy Beerball in the sink is good start to a party

Can one still get those? Boy does that bring back memories. :lol:

One of Chip and I's fav beers is Warsteiner. I even think one can get it at GABP on occasion. If not, then there is always Christian Moerlein.

http://www.essen-tially.com/med_images/Warsteiner_Premium_Pils_33cl.jpg

I like their mini-kegs too. I get those here at our local drive-thru.

http://www.impex.co.nz/Images/warsteiner_5lt_party_can.jpg

B