PDA

View Full Version : It's official...We have a pretty sick rotation.

joshua
04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Imagine when Volquez comes back!

Now just to get some patience at the plate...

GIDP
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
We have some guys who really didnt pitch that good either and they still did decent. Starting today they were 4th in ERA, 2nd in innings 3rd in BAA. Throw in today and its sure to go up.

kfm
04-11-2010, 04:28 PM
We have a pretty sick rotation. Imagine when Volquez comes back!

Now just to get some patience at the plate...

The rotation looks very good. They have a chance to really stay in every game. I still don't get why Tim Kurjikan always describes the Reds pitching this year as "woeful."

arkimadee
04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll take 3-3 on week 1. This week we play the fish and the pirates so hopefully our bats will wake up there.

Spazzrico
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
It would be nice to see us nice to not suck against the Bucs.

kfm
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I'll take 3-3 on week 1. This week we play the fish and the pirates so hopefully our bats will wake up there.

I agree, it had a chance to better, but it also had a chance to be worse. Not bad against the two top teams from the Division last year.

Vottomatic
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Positive? Our pitching knew how to get out of jams. Leake.......7 WALKS????? 1 RUN!!!! How'd he do that.

Negative? Where's the offense? Lots of slow starts from our hitters right now.

Geez, we start to hit and get this kind of pitching, we might have something.

Mr Larkin
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Proud of our rotation. The offense will come. It has shown up enough for three wins in tight games. I will take that.

muddie
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Very disappointed Leake was permitted to throw over 100 pitches...that was stupid. I agree the offense will show up and this team will be an interesting piece of the MLB season.

FlyerFanatic
04-11-2010, 07:02 PM
leakes start probably more impressive than arroyo's in my book. leake showed he had guts, bases loaded no outs and he gets out of it? SICK.

Roush's socks
04-11-2010, 07:52 PM
You'd think they would be looking to trade pitching for hitting at this point. With Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Leake all looking good, and Volquez, Wood and Chapman all waiting in the wings, the Reds have a surplus of starting pitching. Since SP is always in demand, you would think they could pull off a trade for some hitting.

muddie
04-11-2010, 07:55 PM
You'd think they would be looking to trade pitching for hitting at this point. With Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Leake all looking good, and Volquez, Wood and Chapman all waiting in the wings, the Reds have a surplus of starting pitching. Since SP is always in demand, you would think they could pull off a trade for some hitting.

Give the kids time to mature and know exactly what you have and what you don't have before you start parting ways with any of these guys.

Ghosts of 1990
04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
This is the strength of our team.

Imagine adding Chapman... The offense is putrid and yet we've been in most games. The offense should get hot at times and come around to a degree at some point. We're sitting pretty with these young guys and I can't wait see Bailey throw again.

goreds2
04-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I think they said on WLW tonight the Reds starting rotation ERA is 3.12 thus far.

SullyGator
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I think they said on WLW tonight the Reds starting rotation ERA is 3.12 thus far.

Impressive. Hopefully the bats can heat up so that stat will continue to matter.

bigredmechanism
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
This is the strength of our team.

/keels over

never thought i'd see the day where the reds pitching is a strong point again.

GIDP
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Impressive. Hopefully the bats can heat up so that stat will continue to matter.

If they finish top 5 in pitching I wont have any complaints especially considering 50% of their games are in GABP.

ian_madden
04-11-2010, 10:26 PM
I say we don't move any pitching till at least the all star break. We still don't know what the young guys can do against major league hitters. Leake did well today but way too early to pronounce him the next Smoltz. I like the idea that we will be able to throw in 8 starting pitchers, 6 young ones, and feel confident about our game. But lets be patient with these guys.

gedred69
04-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I say we don't move any pitching till at least the all star break. We still don't know what the young guys can do against major league hitters. Leake did well today but way too early to pronounce him the next Smoltz. I like the idea that we will be able to throw in 8 starting pitchers, 6 young ones, and feel confident about our game. But lets be patient with these guys.

EXTREMELY, well put. Good God! It's soooo early in the season, and we need to see what transpires over 2 months to form any real evaluations, (unless somebody continually sucks).

Ghosts of 1990
04-11-2010, 11:28 PM
I just re-watched today's game, and Mike Leake really reminds me of Bronson Arroyo minus the funky leg kick. Does anyone agree?

Newman4
04-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Leake did well today but way too early to pronounce him the next Smoltz.

I was thinking more like Greg Maddux, but point well taken. ;)

JKam
04-12-2010, 03:03 AM
I don't recall Maddux having so much movement on his ball. Some of Leake's pitches are ridiculous. Who said he doesn't have good stuff?

Caveman Techie
04-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Maddux survived on location and movement, he was never that overpowering pitcher that would blow the ball by the hitter. He was the epitome of the finesse pitcher. Location + Movement = Hall of fame career. :)