PDA

View Full Version : Does John Fay think the Reds are the Giants?

GIDP
04-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Fayisms continue this year.
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/04/12/greetings-from-south-fla/

"–The starting pitchers have a combined 2.89 ERA."

I cant stand that this guy keeps a job when he does stuff like this every time he has to put a finger to a keyboard. I cant believe we let the standard get so low.

For those you dont understand what I'm getting at.

Giants starters ERA is 2.89
Reds Starters era is 3.11

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/split/127/league/nl

Not only does he get that stat wrong he gets the Runs wrong

"–The Reds have scored only 21 runs or 3.5 a game."

Reds have scored 22 runs and 11 have came off home runs.

Frustration.

Ghosts of 1990
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Fay is a boob for sure, but a really nice guy. You're right, he's probably got no business being one of the Reds beat bloggers/writers. But hey, how many other people have jobs they don't really deserve? Many.

brachial pleXUs
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Whatever happened to CTR? Is he still blogging? He seemed like a much better writer than Fay.

Ghosts of 1990
04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
CTR covers the Reds and Bengals at CNATI.com

Check it out. It's a great site. I had the chance to interview C. Trent about a month ago, the guy is a class act. Very knowledgable and takes pride in what he puts down in print.

GIDP
04-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Fay is a boob for sure, but a really nice guy. You're right, he's probably got no business being one of the Reds beat bloggers/writers. But hey, how many other people have jobs they don't really deserve? Many.

I dont think it really matters about other people. I just get annoyed when I see these mistakes and typos night after night. He had a tweet the other night bashing someone and insulting their intelligence while spelling like 6 of 7 words wrong in the ORG game thread a few days ago. I dont think he realizes he makes so many mistakes.

GIDP
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Whatever happened to CTR? Is he still blogging? He seemed like a much better writer than Fay.

He is a better writer, but so is most high schoolers. Harsh I know but so is reality some times.

HUHUH
04-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Fay's writing is pathetic. While it's a blog I'll concede, the dude makes countless and irresponsible typo after mistake after typo. It gets to the point where it is unreadable. And he's one of the only beat writers left? Doesn't the Enquirer have any pride? If I wrote like that I'd be fired.

Boston Red
04-20-2010, 03:49 AM
He is a better writer, but so is most high schoolers.

That's funny stuff.

lidspinner
04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
That's funny stuff.

question is.....is that on purpose?

Rockermann
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
That's funny stuff.

It sure is funny. I'm giggling like a school girl over here. :)

GIDP
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
lol