PDA

View Full Version : The next Milton Bradley? (sarcasm) / Bruce apologizes for obscene gesture

Jerome
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Who was Bruce aiming at last night, when he flicked someone off with both hands?

BigPoppa
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Who was Bruce aiming at last night?

Brook Jacoby ? :D

nemesis
04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Brook Jacoby ? :D

LMAO... That be the odds on favorite...

BLEEDS
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
It has been speculated that he was doing it to his own teammates, who have been giving him a good natured ribbing about his slump.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

RedLakerFan24
04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
He was doing it to his teamates, theres a vid, hes laughing and everything, like if he playing around, its because his teamates were laughing at him because he was in a 0-17 slump

GIDP
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
OMG Jay Bruce is human?

Jerome
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
OMG Jay Bruce is human?

?

Jerome
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
He was doing it to his teamates, theres a vid, hes laughing and everything, like if he playing around, its because his teamates were laughing at him because he was in a 0-17 slump

Because 0-17 slumps are hilarious on a team with serious offensive deficiencies. At least they know how to have fun with each other, I guess. Personally, I would have gone with the "crotch tug" or the subtle "suck it" tap to my groins.

Mr.MojoRisin
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100413&content_id=9275632&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Good Lord, this is Baseball, when did it become "wrong" or "embaressing" for a player to make a rude guesture. Why should he have to apologize or be punished for that? Honestly, it's getting rediculous how people are so politaclly correct nowadays. Would Bull Durham or Major League have been good movies if they were all clean cut non abrasive charecters? Baseball is and has always been a mans sport, with rudeness and obsenity a part of the fun. They day they *****foot around is the day I loose interest.

Ghosts of 1990
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I have no problem with it

sivman17
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
This shouldn't even be in the news. C'monnnn.. it obviously was a good-natured gesture to his teammates in the dugout. No harm done. The papers need to let stuff like this go.

sivman17
04-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Because 0-17 slumps are hilarious on a team with serious offensive deficiencies.

I think it's a good thing that he can stay in a good mood while going through the slump. He has been hitting the ball very hard all season.

Obviously his teammates are on him about not getting a hit, and he felt great once he got that second hit of the season. I have no problem with it.

foxfire123
04-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Heck, if I got in trouble every time I flipped off a co-worker goofing around, well, I'd done been fired. My personal current favorite is the pinkie flip, for when you don't care enough to send the very best..... :D

We've become an incredibly boring, too politically correct society of late...

joshua
04-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Too politically correct as of late? If this would've happened in the 50's or 60's heads would roll.

foxfire123
04-14-2010, 12:46 AM
You think young guys in the 50's and 60's didn't make rude comments and gestures when goofing around with their buddies? Trust me, they did--I had brothers who were young during the 60's and they were far from innocent! lol! They just didn't have a camera of some sort constantly in their faces like nowdays.

Was Bruce a little stupid and crass for making the gesture knowing someone in the media, or someone with a camera, might see it. Sure, yeah, and I bet he won't do it again. But it's not something to get completely bent out of shape about either.

SullyGator
04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
No biggie. Definitely not the time/place, but he's a college-aged kid that's been really struggling at the plate. The end.

joshua
04-14-2010, 12:59 AM
You think young guys in the 50's and 60's didn't make rude comments and gestures when goofing around with their buddies? Trust me, they did--I had brothers who were young during the 60's and they were far from innocent! lol! They just didn't have a camera of some sort constantly in their faces like nowdays.

Was Bruce a little stupid and crass for making the gesture knowing someone in the media, or someone with a camera, might see it. Sure, yeah, and I bet he won't do it again. But it's not something to get completely bent out of shape about either.

I know **** like this happend int he 50's and 60's, but it wasn't broadcasted all over the damn globe, and if it was, it would've been on every news broadcast.

Jerome
04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Didn't Ty Cobb kill a guy?

joshua
04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Didn't Ty Cobb kill a guy?

He beat the crap out of a dude that had no hands because he called Cobb the N word.

BigJohn
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
http://baseball.suite101.com/article.cfm/ty_cobbs_ugliest_scandal

but Pete isn't in the HOF for betting on games. WOW!!!!!!

GIDP
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
He beat the crap out of a dude that had no hands because he called Cobb the N word.

Sounds like a valid reason to me.

flash
04-14-2010, 11:39 AM
As I recall Gary Templeton got physcically jerked of the field by Whitey Herzog for the same stunt in St. Louis. He was also suspended. According to what I heard Bruce also didn't flip off other players, but some fans that were razzing him.

It is not the ral Bruce though. Bruce is no mal content like Templeton was. Let the apology stand. Give the kid a break and forget it.

CySeymour
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I somewhat disagree. Hey, if he does it in the clubhouse or tunnel, fine. But on the field of play play or even in the dugout, you can't allow that. Yes, they are young players, but you gotta be professional and understand that the cameras are rolling at all times.

GIDP
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Team issue and its not really a big deal. The only thing Bruce did wrong was did it and got caught by a camera. He obviously was doing it as a joke and not in anger towards anyone like Graves, or Griffey or who ever else has done it.

Not the smoothest move but still I basically dont care.

flash
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I checked on it and it was true. Following an obscene gesture and being pulled off the field St. Louis shortstop Templeton and heir apparent to Davey Concepcion for the best SS in the game Templeton was traded to the San Diego Padres for a light hitting shortstop. Guess who? (He is now in the HOF.)