PDA

View Full Version : Lineup?? Can't be.

cbowen2112
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Cairo batting 5th!

I know Votto needs the night off, but Bruce's protection tonight is Miguel freaking Cairo!!!!!!:confused:

Wow.

Oh and Janish hitting 8th might be nice....:cool:

sivman17
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah this is going to be embarrassing. No Votto, no Rolen.

Stubbs, OC, Cairo, Hanigan, and Janish are all playing? Are you effing kidding me? We will be lucky to score 1 run tonight.

bgwilly31
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
why is cairo getting a start.

I didnt even know why that guy made the team.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

berryluther
04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
This should be the lineup when we trot Harrang out there to pitch since we dont stand a chance to win when he is pitching.

Jack Burton
04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Ugly.

JayBruceFan
04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Watch them put up 10 runs

:D

FlyerFanatic
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
did anyone see sheldons quote from dusty. said he doesnt like votto's numbers or rolen's numbers against dukes. rolen has a sore back too though apparently. sheldon also shows the career numbers vs dukes for both, votto is hittin .625 career against dukes and rolen is hitting .438. yet dusty is talking about how he doesnt like the numbers. WTF :confused:

texasdave
04-16-2010, 05:33 PM
why is cairo getting a start.

I didnt even know why that guy made the team.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

+1

texasdave
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
did anyone see sheldons quote from dusty. said he doesnt like votto's numbers or rolen's numbers against dukes. rolen has a sore back too though apparently. sheldon also shows the career numbers vs dukes for both, votto is hittin .625 career against dukes and rolen is hitting .438. yet dusty is talking about how he doesnt like the numbers. WTF :confused:

Rule # 1 of Bakermetrics: Don't clog the bases. All Votto and Rolen do against Dukes is clog the bases. Sit 'em down. With the lineup we have tonight I doubt there is gonna be much base-clogging going on. This is really just a test for Leake. Let's see if the rookie can make one run stand up.

TheBigLebowski
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know what everyone is whining about. Nothing about this lineup isn't completely consistent with Bakermetrics.

Dave already mentioned rule 1.We all know rule 2 - SS bats 2nd, dude.

Although there are several more basic rules, a little-known corollary of rule 1 is that thou shalt not put a base-clogging lineup behind a rookie pitcher whose confidence you profess to try to be protecting and, when possible, stick some spiritual veteran creaminess in key, run-producing spots in the lineup. Hence Miguel Cairo.

RiverRat13
04-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Um, did anyone take the time to actually read Dusty's reasoning for no Votto or Rolen? Sounds like his hands were tied.

"It’s different because we don’t have much choice,” Baker said. “We’ve got some sick guys here. You know Joey wants to face (Zach) Duke tonight with the numbers he has. Scott Rolen has numbers against Duke also.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

MotownRed
04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Votto (flu and back issue). Rolen, Hernandez and Nix all with flu symptoms.

mroby85
04-16-2010, 07:23 PM
With Votto and Rolen this offense is weak, without them its just... wow.

arkimadee
04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
last year when Votto had the flu he was out a month.. I hope this doesn't happen again

ukwazoo
04-17-2010, 01:22 AM
It doesn't matter if Cairo hits 1st, 2nd, or 10th. Our offense will suck, and it will suck royally.

Kingspoint
04-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Cairo batting 5th!

I know Votto needs the night off, but Bruce's protection tonight is Miguel freaking Cairo!!!!!!:confused:

Wow.

Oh and Janish hitting 8th might be nice....:cool:

....and the results spoke for themselves.

Kingspoint
04-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Votto (flu and back issue). Rolen, Hernandez and Nix all with flu symptoms.

Guess you do what you got to do.....they almost pulled it out.

GIDP
04-17-2010, 01:42 AM
That line up made me happy I went out drinking tonight. I had much more fun playing Mario 3 and drinking sam adams.

Vottomatic
04-17-2010, 04:53 AM
That line up made me happy I went out drinking tonight. I had much more fun playing Mario 3 and drinking sam adams.

I had much more fun drinking Mich Ultra and several Jager Bombs.

Cant Touch This
04-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I had much more fun drinking Mich Ultra and several Jager Bombs.

That was a good effort to save yourself with the Jager Bombs, but alas, you may now hand over your man card.

Unless you're of the female persuasion, in which case carry on.

Knightro28
04-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Dusty wasn't saying that. You misread the quote.

It says:

"It's different because I don't have much choice," manager Dusty Baker said. "We've got some sick guys here. For Joey not to want to face Duke tonight with the numbers he has and the numbers Scott Rolen has..."

Vottomatic
04-17-2010, 04:09 PM
That was a good effort to save yourself with the Jager Bombs, but alas, you may now hand over your man card.

Unless you're of the female persuasion, in which case carry on.

I can't drink Corona like you do.

FlyerFanatic
04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Dusty wasn't saying that. You misread the quote.

It says:

"It's different because I don't have much choice," manager Dusty Baker said. "We've got some sick guys here. For Joey not to want to face Duke tonight with the numbers he has and the numbers Scott Rolen has..."

yea, i mis read it, my bad

malcontent
04-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Of course, this probably best explains Cairo in the 5-hole:

"You don't want to make the bottom of your lineup too weak, either."

Jack Burton
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
How does this bum they call dusty baker still have a job w/ this team? Everyday he continues to be employed is a day that this franchise is not interested in competing. I'd say a boycott is in order until management sees the light and fires this moron.