PDA

View Full Version : orbitz?

Red in Chicago
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Has anyone ever used Orbitz to schedule a vacation package (air / hotel)? Just curious if your seats are scattered all over the plane, or if you actually get to sit next to the person you're going with.

redsmetz
04-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I've never booked for more than one person on Orbitz, but I do know that it gives you the ability to see what seats are available and to select, so if there are seat together, I would think you could book those.

My wife and I are taking a long weekend next week to Boston, but we did those through Delta directly because my sister-in-law had some family passes left over since she's a furloughed Delta employee. We're going to the Red Sox-Orioles came next Saturday. First time to Fenway.

I find Orbitz very easy to use.

oneupper
04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Has anyone ever used Orbitz to schedule a vacation package (air / hotel)? Just curious if your seats are scattered all over the plane, or if you actually get to sit next to the person you're going with.

I've used orbitz for some flights. The main drawback vs. booking directly with the airline is usually just that: you can't select seats upon booking. They will forward your request and the airline will honor or not.

That said, in the end we wound up sitting together anyway. IIRC we were able to select our seats up check in.

Edd Roush
04-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I've never booked for more than one person on Orbitz, but I do know that it gives you the ability to see what seats are available and to select, so if there are seat together, I would think you could book those.

My wife and I are taking a long weekend next week to Boston, but we did those through Delta directly because my sister-in-law had some family passes left over since she's a furloughed Delta employee. We're going to the Red Sox-Orioles came next Saturday. First time to Fenway.

I find Orbitz very easy to use.

Yea, for most domestic flights that I have booked through Orbitz, I could select the seats on the plane that I want. You can even view the empty seats for most flights before you even book a flight to see if there are two together.

I also find Orbitz the easiest to use.

Just a heads up, look to book both flights at the same time because the system is a little wacky. I am going to London this summer and it was cheaper to book my flights from CVG to LHR roundtrip than just one way. You definately want to put as many flights on search as possible because there are some great discounts available when flights are combined.

I have never used Orbitz for booking a hotel, but my dad prefers Priceline because you can usually get a lower price through the name your own price option. You give up some of your freedom on picking an exact hotel, but I found I have much less preference for an exact hotel compared to an exact flight.

Therefore, I use Orbitz for flights and Priceline for hotels. However, you may find a greater discount by booking a room with your flights.