PDA

View Full Version : Time to start a Fire Dusty FB page

brm7675
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I have been a Reds fan all my life and after watching this season so far and last night's game especially, it is clear to me that a bad manager can harm a talented team. I challenge anyone to explain to me why Dusty is still managing this team. I challenge anyone to explain to my why Brooke is still the hitting coach and I really challenge anyone to explain to me why they fired Dick Poole. I am now working on starting up a "Fire Dusty" FB page and doing what I can to show my displeasure over MY team's continued ignorance of this issue.

mattfeet
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Ill join.

-Matt

BEETTLEBUG
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I'll join also

mroby85
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I would also join, and I used to be a backer of Dusty, but too many unexplainable decisions too often. I like his desire to win, but question his methods to accomplish it.

redsfanmia
04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Dusty is a great manager and this team would be 2-12 with out him.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Dusty is a great manager and this team would be 2-12 with out him.

sarcasm?

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I have been a Reds fan all my life and after watching this season so far and last night's game especially, it is clear to me that a bad manager can harm a talented team. I challenge anyone to explain to me why Dusty is still managing this team. I challenge anyone to explain to my why Brooke is still the hitting coach and I really challenge anyone to explain to me why they fired Dick Poole. I am now working on starting up a "Fire Dusty" FB page and doing what I can to show my displeasure over MY team's continued ignorance of this issue.

Hope you weren't claiming that we are talented. Just go around the infield and pitching staff, a lot of average to below average guys. Gomes, Dickerson/Stubbs, OCab, Rolen, Ramon, Harang, Cueto, Bailey and the bullpen outside of CoCo are all average. Bruce slides out cause he is still young with a lot of upside. We have 4 above average players, Arroyo, Votto, Phillips, and CoCo. Shoot that sounds like the KC Royals group of Butler, Soria, Grienke, with a better 2nd baseman.

Jack Burton
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Definitely needs to go.

texasdave
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
To be fair, no manager should be fired before 6/1. Let's hold that thought until then.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes I believe our talent is equal to the other teams in our division. Take Albert off the Cards and what do you have? The Brewers? Cubs? And do you really think either the Cubs or Stros match us? The Cards have 2 very good starting pitchers and Albert, if anyone of them goes down they will be hurting. Oh yea they have a manager and we don't.

Hope you weren't claiming that we are talented. Just go around the infield and pitching staff, a lot of average to below average guys. Gomes, Dickerson/Stubbs, OCab, Rolen, Ramon, Harang, Cueto, Bailey and the bullpen outside of CoCo are all average. Bruce slides out cause he is still young with a lot of upside. We have 4 above average players, Arroyo, Votto, Phillips, and CoCo. Shoot that sounds like the KC Royals group of Butler, Soria, Grienke, with a better 2nd baseman.

redsfan_12
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Ill gladly join

brm7675
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Dusty has had 2+ seasons here to reenforce he can't manage. Remove the one season he had Bonds lead them to the playoffs and what has he done? Really, wait till June 1 and we will be double digets behind...:confused:

To be fair, no manager should be fired before 6/1. Let's hold that thought until then.

davereds24
04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
where's the link?

ILoveWilly
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Link me and I'll join.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
If you have a face book page, type in Dusty Baker must be fired and it should take you to it, I just set it up...

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes I believe our talent is equal to the other teams in our division. Take Albert off the Cards and what do you have? The Brewers? Cubs? And do you really think either the Cubs or Stros match us? The Cards have 2 very good starting pitchers and Albert, if anyone of them goes down they will be hurting. Oh yea they have a manager and we don't.

Take Pujols off the Cards and they are still better than us. This division features the Cardinals and then a collection of 5 teams that are not very good.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Take Pujols off the Cards and they are still better than us. This division features the Cardinals and then a collection of 5 teams that are not very good.

How are they better? Look at their record now with Albert tearing it up. You remove Albert and Holiday becomes an afterthought and never pitched to and who else do they have?

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 03:11 PM
How are they better? Look at their record now with Albert tearing it up. You remove Albert and Holiday becomes an afterthought and never pitched to and who else do they have?

Dave Duncan, Holiday, Ludwick, Molina, Wainwright, Carpenter, Penny...and then a collection of guys who know how to have major league AB's, unlike our entire lineup sans Votto and Rolen.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM

wainwright and carpenter are 2 TOR guys, not only TOR guys, but cy young candidates....that you could take pujols and holliday off the cards, and they'd still probably win with those 2 guys. we dont even have 1 TOR pitcher, i dont wanna begin to talk about our hitters.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
wainwright and carpenter are 2 TOR guys, not only TOR guys, but cy young candidates....that you could take pujols and holliday off the cards, and they'd still probably win with those 2 guys. we dont even have 1 TOR pitcher, i dont wanna begin to talk about our hitters.

So it would be Carpentar and Wainwright and pray for Rain? What do the Cards past those two? Also Carpenter has a history on injuries. I will also match up our hitters vs. theres any day outside of Albert. Holiday is Holiday because of Albert. Take Albert away and then you force Holiday into a spot he is not comfortable with. What other good hitters do they have? I mean this "mighty" Cardinal offense went 18 innings the other night and could not plate a run against a very average Mets pitching staff? They are 9-5 with having played us the Mets and Astros? Again yes they are better then the Reds because they have Albert and Carpenter and Wainwright, but not that much better.

ian_madden
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
. Holiday is Holiday because of Albert.
Holiday was Holiday before he went to St. Louis.

Would you rather have managers of the past? Boone, Narron, Miley? I'll take Dusty, they play for him. In my opinion, he has to the all star break to lose his job. If we are not a legitimate contender at that time, he needs to go.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
So it would be Carpentar and Wainwright and pray for Rain? What do the Cards past those two? Also Carpenter has a history on injuries. I will also match up our hitters vs. theres any day outside of Albert. Holiday is Holiday because of Albert. Take Albert away and then you force Holiday into a spot he is not comfortable with. What other good hitters do they have? I mean this "mighty" Cardinal offense went 18 innings the other night and could not plate a run against a very average Mets pitching staff? They are 9-5 with having played us the Mets and Astros? Again yes they are better then the Reds because they have Albert and Carpenter and Wainwright, but not that much better.

carpenter has a history of injuries? okay...well i'll take what he did last year over what we've had the past 10. as far as your "holliday is holliday because of albert" thats just non sense. holliday was a hell of a player before ever getting to st louis.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Holiday played in Colorado where everyone looks better then they are. I want none of your choices, I would lean towards say Buck Showalter type, I want a in your face type of guy. Lets review, last in your face manager the Reds had....come on ....Sweet Lou. How did that turn out? If you are happy with Dusty, then you must be happy with losing....:thumbdown

Why wait till July?

Holiday was Holiday before he went to St. Louis.

Would you rather have managers of the past? Boone, Narron, Miley? I'll take Dusty, they play for him. In my opinion, he has to the all star break to lose his job. If we are not a legitimate contender at that time, he needs to go.

Jack Burton
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
If you are happy with Dusty, then you must be happy with losing....:thumbdown

Why wait till July?
Agreed, things don't get better until he's gone. Get rid of him now while we still have a chance to get things turned around.

1990REDS
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Bottom line is we will be lucky if we have 4 guys who crack the .280 BA mark. Thats not a talented team. Thats very average, if not below average.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Holiday played in Colorado where everyone looks better then they are. I want none of your choices, I would lean towards say Buck Showalter type, I want a in your face type of guy. Lets review, last in your face manager the Reds had....come on ....Sweet Lou. How did that turn out? If you are happy with Dusty, then you must be happy with losing....:thumbdown

Why wait till July?

i agree with you on this point, dusty needs to be gone. i'm just not with ya on the holliday stuff :p:

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Why wait till July?

Now this I can jump on board with completely. I would love to have an in your face manager who doesn't accept mistakes and sucking. I just never hear people mention replacements and why the would make our team better when they speak of firing Dusty. It's always that if we fire Dusty, all will be great in Reds land, with no mention of who we bring into replace them, and why they make us better.

Why not start a "Fire Dusty, Hire XXXX"? At least that way the next manager can't be 100% to blame.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
IF BA stats were the guide to determine the quality of a hitter I would agree, but it isn't. Give me a guy who hits 30+ HR and drives in over 100 RBI's and I can live with a 270 or 260 hitter.

Bottom line is we will be lucky if we have 4 guys who crack the .280 BA mark. Thats not a talented team. Thats very average, if not below average.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 05:10 PM
i agree with you on this point, dusty needs to be gone. i'm just not with ya on the holliday stuff :p:

Just look at what he did in Oakland which is not a hitters park and didn't have someone to protect him in the order. He struggled. Heck put Paul Janish hitting with Albert in the lineup and I bet he imporves.

Knightro28
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM

Fact is, they DO have Albert, and they DO have Holliday, and they DO have Carpenter, and they DO have Wainwright. It is silly to say "take so and so away and x is better than y."

Aside from those guys, I would include Yadier Molina, who seems to be undervalued here at RedsZone. He is a gem. Night in, night out, one of the best catchers in baseball.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Fact is, they DO have Albert, and they DO have Holliday, and they DO have Carpenter, and they DO have Wainwright. It is silly to say "take so and so away and x is better than y."

Aside from those guys, I would include Yadier Molina, who seems to be undervalued here at RedsZone. He is a gem. Night in, night out, one of the best catchers in baseball.

even rasmus looks like he could be a solid player, hes young too.

Griffey012
04-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Just look at what he did in Oakland which is not a hitters park and didn't have someone to protect him in the order. He struggled. Heck put Paul Janish hitting with Albert in the lineup and I bet he imporves.

We had 2 guys on our entire team last season OPS better than Holiday in Oakland. Votto and Gomes.

Knightro28
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
even rasmus looks like he could be a solid player, hes young too.

Yeah it is obvious the Cards are high on him. So far so good for them.

Drew Stubbs on the other hand... (unfortunate, as I have been a huge Stubbs backer - here's hoping he comes around)

brm7675
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah it is obvious the Cards are high on him. So far so good for them.

Drew Stubbs on the other hand... (unfortunate, as I have been a huge Stubbs backer - here's hoping he comes around)

OMG, he has been in the majors how long? If Dusty will just drop him in the order to see better pitches and allows him to progress he will be fine. He will never be a .300 hitter, he is a C. Geronimo type of hitter.

brachial pleXUs
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I used to be a Baker Backer, and although he'd made more than a few decisions I didn't get, I had to trust that he knows what he is doing.

After all, he has been in baseball for many, many years, and I am a fan on an internet message board, who doesn't even have posting privileges on the main board and probably never will (Let's be honest: How many of us ever will?).

This being said, let's get the guy out of here. Not even my trust in his baseball knowledge can really redeem him now. I can't wait to see what this club would do under someone who made the obvious choices (Though I wouldn't take Jerry Narron back if he offered to work for free).

Plus, it would shut people up. I might even have to start a thread to preemptively fire the next manager just to give us something to talk about other than Harang and Bailey.

TheBigLebowski
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
He's no Sparky and I make fun of him with my Bakermetrics stuff but, the fact is, this team is not 6-8 because of him. Firing him right now would be nothing short of ludicrous. We're 14 games into this season. Give him a bit of a break.

And SS bats 2nd, dude.

RedLakerFan24
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Okay today in the 6th inning when there was a runner on second with 2 outs and Furcal was batting why the hell didnt Dusty bring in a lefty?, Furcal was hitting 370 agaisnt righties, I Hate dusty.............. that changed the ball game today

brm7675
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes they are 6-8 becasue of him. His batting order is a joke, he has no ability to manage a pitching staff and has zero fire. Did you see him when the umps made the horrible call on Aarons fly ball to RF? Firing him NOW is the only way to salvage this season, anything else is just stupid. Also could you please show me the Major League rule requiring all SS to bat second?

He's no Sparky and I make fun of him with my Bakermetrics stuff but, the fact is, this team is not 6-8 because of him. Firing him right now would be nothing short of ludicrous. We're 14 games into this season. Give him a bit of a break.

And SS bats 2nd, dude.

1990REDS
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
IF BA stats were the guide to determine the quality of a hitter I would agree, but it isn't. Give me a guy who hits 30+ HR and drives in over 100 RBI's and I can live with a 270 or 260 hitter.

Well I dont think we will have 4 of those either, and yes i understand thiers more to hitting than BA I was just using it as an example for our talent level. it was easier to type that then all 15 diffrent intangables that go into being a good hitter.