PDA

View Full Version : Morgan back, Handwriting on the wall for Baker.

flash
04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Morgan has been hired back as an advisor to baseball operations which is exactly what? Morgan was a loud mouth, but he backed up his words. He was big on playing the game right.

brm7675
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
As long as all he does is "advise" on certain issues I am fine, anything else is just a bad move.

Morgan has been hired back as an advisor to baseball operations which is exactly what? Morgan was a loud mouth, but he backed up his words. He was big on playing the game right.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
why is the writing on the wall for baker? i've never heard morgan really say anything bad about anyone. i imagine he finds dusty alright.

redsfanmia
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Hopefully Joe is brought in as an announcer, the Reds are lacking in numbers in that department. Marty may have to work 3 games in a row unless they can bring a 7th and 8th guy in the mix.

flash
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
why is the writing on the wall for baker? i've never heard morgan really say anything bad about anyone. i imagine he finds dusty alright.

Did Jockety ever say anything bad about Krivinsky?

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Did Jockety ever say anything bad about Krivinsky?

well considering jocketty wasnt here when krivsky was here...no. castellini is the one who wanted to bring jocketty here, they were friends, wanted his buddy around.

GIDP
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Well, #Reds fans, you're going to get more Joe Morgan in the radio/TV booths. He'll be a regular "guest" to broadcast teams

bigredmechanism
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
well considering jocketty wasnt here when krivsky was here...no. castellini is the one who wanted to bring jocketty here, they were friends, wanted his buddy around.

well, jocketty was here, actually. he was hired as a special assistant.

When krivsky got fired, walt slid into his current position.

On the other hand, I'm not sure morgan would be a good manager. Hitting coach perhaps, but why would he leave his current gig to be a hitting coach?

time will tell.

FlyerFanatic
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
well, jocketty was here, actually. he was hired as a special assistant.

When krivsky got fired, walt slid into his current position.

On the other hand, I'm not sure morgan would be a good manager. Hitting coach perhaps, but why would he leave his current gig to be a hitting coach?

time will tell.

meh, walt was here for like 10 minutes before krivsky got the boot. does that mean he was actually here? ;)

and walt isnt gonna say anything bad, why would he. too classy for that, i just dont think the hiring of morgan is a sign dusty is on the way out...

TC81190
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
There is absolutely no writing anywhere in regards to anything with this move.

Kingspoint
04-23-2010, 04:03 AM
That's how Walt squeezed out Krivsky.

Southpaw
04-23-2010, 07:36 AM
That's how Walt squeezed out Krivsky.

I think that Bob got sick of handing over a ton of cash with no results.

BigPoppa
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Hopefully Joe is brought in as an announcer, the Reds are lacking in numbers in that department. Marty may have to work 3 games in a row unless they can bring a 7th and 8th guy in the mix.

This made me LOL.