PDA

View Full Version : Let's get a Red starting the AS Game

Ghosts of 1990
04-23-2010, 02:16 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2010/ballot.html

Gentleman we have a job to do.

This might not go over well with some traditionalists here, but I'm sick of seeing guys from major market cities start the AS game each and every year.

If the M's fans can vote David Bell to an All-Star Game start, we can vote one of our guys to a start.

The internet balloting is everything. So send it off to a friend. Get your votes in killing your last 15 minutes of your day at lunch, etc.

Lets see a Redleg in St. Louis and spoil everyone's party around baseball.

Brutus
04-23-2010, 02:49 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2010/ballot.html

Gentleman we have a job to do.

This might not go over well with some traditionalists here, but I'm sick of seeing guys from major market cities start the AS game each and every year.

If the M's fans can vote David Bell to an All-Star Game start, we can vote one of our guys to a start.

The internet balloting is everything. So send it off to a friend. Get your votes in killing your last 15 minutes of your day at lunch, etc.

I know I'm unfortunately in the minority, but I only vote my conscience. I will only vote for guys I feel deserve it the most, even if it means getting drown by the "vote early, vote often" crowd - especially from those big markets you mentioned.

If Scott Rolen can somehow continue at his pace, at least I may have someone to vote for from the Redlegs.

Will M
04-23-2010, 02:56 AM
I know I'm unfortunately in the minority, but I only vote my conscience. I will only vote for guys I feel deserve it the most, even if it means getting drown by the "vote early, vote often" crowd - especially from those big markets you mentioned.

If Scott Rolen can somehow continue at his pace, at least I may have someone to vote for from the Redlegs.

+1

Joey is great but Albert is Albert. while Joey can be on the team Albert has to be the starter.
Rolen's resurgent power makes him all star caliber IF he can stay on the field.

REDblooded
04-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Yeah... You'll see me not caring about that. I'll vote all Reds and not care. If they want it to go to the most deserving, don't make it a fan vote.

Ron Madden
04-23-2010, 04:23 AM
The All-Star Game aint what it used to be. :(

TheNext44
04-23-2010, 04:42 AM
The All-Star Game aint what it used to be. :(

Tell me about it. I used to get excited for it and actually cared who won. Both teams played and were managed as if it counted. Now I'd rather watch a spring training game.

Chip R
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM

St. Louis was soooo last year.

_Sir_Charles_
04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
If things keep on as they are...we might be talking about Jay for RF. If his bat continues to wake up, that D is otherworldly.

Joey...not a shot to start. Rolen, possibly. Phillips, needs a big turnaround. Cordero...more than likely.

Ghosts of 1990
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
If things keep on as they are...we might be talking about Jay for RF. If his bat continues to wake up, that D is otherworldly.

Joey...not a shot to start. Rolen, possibly. Phillips, needs a big turnaround. Cordero...more than likely.

Bruce has to contend with Jason Heyward... Jay's going to need to stay hot until June...

For Bruce just a selection as a reserve would be really nice.

HeatherC1212
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
GENTLEMAN??! What are the ladies who post here, chopped liver?! :eek: :doh: :yikes: :rant2: :oops:

Ghosts of 1990
04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
GENTLEMAN??! What are the ladies who post here, chopped liver?! :eek: :doh: :yikes: :rant2: :oops:

I'm sorry :D

LADIES & Gents :p: