PDA

View Full Version : Young Dragons catcher struggling to find a rhythm

OnBaseMachine
04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
DAYTON — For young minor leaguers, adjusting to professional baseball goes well beyond what happens on the field.

It’s about learning a new lifestyle in a new town, sometimes even a new language. It’s about finding their way around, making good first impressions and trying not to eat at Subway every day.

“In college, every hour of your day is planned out for you,” Dayton Dragons catcher Mark Fleury said. “This is a lot more responsibility.”

full article:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/dayton-dragons/young-dragons-catcher-struggling-to-find-a-rhythm-668322.html

bounty37h
04-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I watched him play at UNC and think he has talent, might not make the bigs, but he is living the dream. His hitting will come around.

JayBruceFan
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I watched him play at UNC and think he has talent, might not make the bigs, but he is living the dream. His hitting will come around.

Who did you like better, Mark Fleury or Tim Federowicz?

nemesis
04-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I am surprised when Coddington went down Manz didn't get the call up. He out hit Fleury last year and seemed to really have some pop...

bounty37h
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Who did you like better, Mark Fleury or Tim Federowicz?

Sorry, just getting back here. I have to say I liked FedEx more, but I got to know him personally a lil bit more too over his time in CH, so may be biased. I do think he has the higher ceiling overall.

bounty37h
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I am surprised when Coddington went down Manz didn't get the call up. He out hit Fleury last year and seemed to really have some pop...

Not familair with Manz, where did he hit better then Fleury last year?