PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson and Stubbs: Buddy Cop Film?

Jerome
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I really like the lineup with these two in it. We aren't going to outslug anyone, so I like the speed/defense factor. I am a Gomes fan, but while he has delivered some big hits this year, his approach at the plate is, to sum it up easily...dumb. And while he hustles on D, he's still a few steps late most of the time.

The other night, Joe Morgan said something I actually agreed with, which was amazing in it's own right, "the key of hitting is to not give away ABs." Dickerson rarely gives an AB away, and Stubbs is learning not to. I'd like to see these two in the lineup until All-Star break. Baseball is such a cumulative sport. The sample sizes take a while to build up, and often, players aren't given a fair amount of time to adjust and learn. Some say platoons create competition, but I think after a while, it becomes mentally tiresome on players when they have no idea when they'll be in the game. I feel like Dickerson and Stubbs are always pressing because of this.

Of course, Dusty will never ever do this.

Griffey012
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Pretty simple, Gomes plays against lefties, otherwise doesn't start and is a bat off the bench for when they bring in a lefty.

But I suppose that is too easy to do consitantly.

PhillipsHead
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Dickerson needs to see around 300-400 ABs this year. If he still has a solid OBP, he should be our LF and leadoff hitter except against lefties. It's simple -- but Dusty never makes it simple.