PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to think...

Griffey012
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
If you would have told me 17 games into the season we would be tied for 8th in the MLB in runs scored I would not have believed it.

If you would have told me 17 games into the season we would be 2nd to last in the entire MLB in runs allowed I would not have believed it.

I really just don't know what to think of these numbers, has out pitching gotten worse? Is our offense actually decent? Or is this just an odd stretch in a 162 game season?

GIDP
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Our offense isnt this good but our pitching isnt nearly this bad.

RedLakerFan24
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
i will not watch anymore Reds game until they Fire Jacoby

vottofan4life
04-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm calling for the firing of Brook Jacoby and Dusty Baker immediately. I'd think it would be better if we just traded Coco Cordero while he has good value and trade Arroyo, Harang, Phillips, and Hernandez because honestly Corky Miller did a lot better at the end of last season with the pitching n i think him/Hanigan is the better choice right now. Obviously there isnt much better people right now that can lead the rotation but hell Harang has sucked the past 2 seasons n he isnt rackin up wins soon and Arroyo has been his old sucky first half self. Brandon Phillips should be replaced by Paul Janish until Frazier or Valaika can contribute. I think others like Gomes and Mike Lincoln can be traded because like all the others they just do not care. I'm ready for Rick Sweet and either Joe Morgan, Barry Larkin or Eric Davis as hitting coach

CWRed
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM
And what is up with Votto? Having an ok year so far but he's hacking at everything and falling to his knees. Has Dusty infected him too?

muddie
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
This is so far removed from what I expected. Today was icing on the cake.

vottofan4life
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree and now i'm all in for a signing like Jermaine Dye or Gary Sheffield just to help with the offense

Jack Burton
04-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm calling for the firing of Brook Jacoby and Dusty Baker immediately.
I 2nd that call.

1990REDS
04-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I agree and now i'm all in for a signing like Jermaine Dye or Gary Sheffield just to help with the offense

Usually im against signing older players to 1 or 2 year deals, but in this instance i completely agree. This team really needs some sort of spark. im not sayin signing a guy like this will automatically make us a contender, but somthin needs to change cause whats out thier now aint workin. our record is 7-11 but lets face it, does anyone else think we are lucky to even be that. I really hope we can turn this thing around.

Griffey012
04-25-2010, 01:01 AM

They can both hit and play better D than Gomes. Why the hell is he playing against RHP! Sheffield may be a little outspoked and arrogant, but shoot this team could use some of that. Bring him in.

Griffey012
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm calling for the firing of Brook Jacoby and Dusty Baker immediately. I'd think it would be better if we just traded Coco Cordero while he has good value and trade Arroyo, Harang, Phillips, and Hernandez because honestly Corky Miller did a lot better at the end of last season with the pitching n i think him/Hanigan is the better choice right now. Obviously there isnt much better people right now that can lead the rotation but hell Harang has sucked the past 2 seasons n he isnt rackin up wins soon and Arroyo has been his old sucky first half self. Brandon Phillips should be replaced by Paul Janish until Frazier or Valaika can contribute. I think others like Gomes and Mike Lincoln can be traded because like all the others they just do not care. I'm ready for Rick Sweet and either Joe Morgan, Barry Larkin or Eric Davis as hitting coach

To trade you have to have a trade partner. Nobody wants Harang and Hernandez. Coco, Arroyo, and BPhil are all good players and will be more valuable around the deadline than now.

And nobody wants to touch Gomes or Lincoln with a 10 foot pole. We would have to receive negative value in return for either of those guys.

Phillips replaced by Janish is just dumb, equivalent defense with a much better bat in Phillips. You can argue to replace OCab with Janish, but no way you argue to replace Phillips with Janish. That move does not improve the club.

RedLakerFan24
04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
We chould trade Coco to the Twins for Wilson Ramos

Griffey012
04-25-2010, 05:18 PM
We chould trade Coco to the Twins for Wilson Ramos

Maybe on your video game. Rauch has been handling closing duties just find so far. 6 out of 7 with 1 BS. Maybe if we tossed in Alonso.

defender
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
The offense, is not as bad as it looks some nights. The biggest problem has been starting pitching. At this point, the team is probably lucky to be 8-11, hopefuly the starter can turn it around.