PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports High-Def

Cooper
04-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Can anyone get a definite word on when, why, and how FoxSports decides to show some games in Hi-Def, but not others?

I've noticed that the first game of a road series is usually NOT hi-def. Is this related to being unable to get the cameras where they need to be?

Someone on this board has to know the inside scoop.

If this query has been answered and talked about at length in another post -then please delete this post.

Chip R
04-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I think they are all in hi def unless there's a problem. Now sometimes the HD won't come on till the game's been on for awhile like on Tuesday. It came on about 15 minutes after the game started.

Cooper
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Chip- are you serious? I get the Dish Network and maybe 2/3rds of the games are hi-def.

Chip R
04-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Chip- are you serious? I get the Dish Network and maybe 2/3rds of the games are hi-def.

Yeah. Check it out. All the games FSO are televising are in HD.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=cin

Sea Ray
04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah. Check it out. All the games FSO are televising are in HD.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=cin

Better put:

"supposed to be" in Hi Def.

Clearly FSN is having issues

bucksfan2
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I haven't had a problem with the HD. The feed at times has been poor but they usually get that fixed. The only time I found it not in HD was one time the Cavs were playing.

alexad
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Everygame I have watched is in HD. I do not get to see every whole game, but so far they have been in HD and it is awesome. I even bought a new TV upstairs to watch them in HD if I do not want to be in the basement.

reds1869
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
All of the games have been in HD on Time Warner in Cincinnati. The only problems have been the previously mentioned Cavs conflict (which was sorted partially through the game) and some technical difficulties.

LoganBuck
04-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I have Directv all the games have been HD for me. But I get both feeds. Channel 661 has the game in SD, and channel 661-1 has the games in HD.

durl
04-29-2010, 01:37 PM
If you need a guide of upcoming sports events in HD:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Redsfaithful
04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I have Directv all the games have been HD for me. But I get both feeds. Channel 661 has the game in SD, and channel 661-1 has the games in HD.

Yep, although as mentioned before sometimes they screw it up and don't have the HD feed right away. Tuesday night both the Cavs game and Reds game were only on the standard def channels for the first 10-15 minutes.

Cooper
04-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I talked to a couple other guys that have the Dish Network and they don't get all the games in HD. The other guys were in the Richmond, Indiana and Greenville, Ohio areas.

Sorry to keep bothering folks with this -but it's pi****** me off. The Reds advertise all games in HD and I go out and get a big screen HD tv (which is beautiful, btw....i'm thinking of marrying my tv...but that's a whole other post) and i can't get all the games in HD.

If anyone else knows why this is the case with the Dish Network -please post and tell me why and who i should bother. That dang Dish Network is hurting our (tv and i) relationship.

Chip R
04-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I talked to a couple other guys that have the Dish Network and they don't get all the games in HD. The other guys were in the Richmond, Indiana and Greenville, Ohio areas.

Sorry to keep bothering folks with this -but it's pi****** me off. The Reds advertise all games in HD and I go out and get a big screen HD tv (which is beautiful, btw....i'm thinking of marrying my tv...but that's a whole other post) and i can't get all the games in HD.

If anyone else knows why this is the case with the Dish Network -please post and tell me why and who i should bother. That dang Dish Network is hurting our (tv and i) relationship.

This may seem like an obvious question but have you asked Dish Network?