PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes/Cordero

swaisuc
04-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Despite last night's baserunners/1 run, I feel really, really good anytime the Reds take a lead into the 8th. I am probably stating the obvious here, but these 2 have a chance to help the Reds win a lot of close games this year.

Regardless of our young hitters, depth in the rotation, etc... the strength of this team in 2010 may be these 2 guys.

Cordero's stats don't look as good as Rhodes, but he really has only had 1 bad outing. Cases like throwing strikes to Derek Lee with a 2run lead don't help your ERA, but they do help you consistently hold leads in the long run.
What have we lost, 2 games in which Cordero has made an appearance?

Rhodes, just look at the stats. This guy has been incredible.
:beerme:

sivman17
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM
To be honest I was not comfortable with the 6-1 lead handing it over to the bullpen. They have been erratic at best this year. Maybe I was concerned because Masset was coming in. Something's just not right with that guy.

Cordero isn't nearly as dominant as he was last year. The one game I've had the opportunity to go to this season (in Pittsburgh), Cordero blew the game. So that sucked. Rhodes and Herrera are doing very well thus far.

mattfeet
04-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Yea, Rhodes, Herrera, Cordero are more often than not lights out. And I love it. Dare I say even Mike Lincoln has me worrying less and less? Owings has flashes of brilliance, but sometimes gets pounded.

-Matt

Moosie52
04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
It takes time to get in a groove. I'm not worried about Coco.

BigPoppa
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Rhodes is the bomb-diggity.

BigPoppa
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Cordero makes my belly hurt because he'll put 2 or 3 men on base before he finally shuts the door and he makes me nervous.

PhillipsHead
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Dusty needs to get more time for DRH, Lincoln, Burton or Owings to find out who will solidify themselves as our other go to man. We all know where we stand on Rhodes/Masset in the 8th, and CoCo in the 9th, but it's about time we figure out who we can have more confidence with as the season goes on.

arkimadee
04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I think it's time to make think about using Mike Lincoln as the "7th inning" guy instead of Massett. He is pitching much better right now.

Rockermann
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Cordero makes my belly hurt because he'll put 2 or 3 men on base before he finally shuts the door and he makes me nervous.

That's why I watched delayed on DVR. When he starts getting into trouble and the tension starts building, I just fast forward through all of that to the pay off pitch. Saves time and Tums. :)

ian_madden
04-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Dusty needs to get more time for DRH, Lincoln, Burton or Owings to find out who will solidify themselves as our other go to man. We all know where we stand on Rhodes/Masset in the 8th, and CoCo in the 9th, but it's about time we figure out who we can have more confidence with as the season goes on.

The bullpen has had plenty of time to figure out who can be trusted. Right now its DRH, Rhodes, (dare I say) Lincoln. These guys go in cycles, their seasons are not won and lost on a 1 month span. I would rather have the starters go 7 innings, give us a shot to win the ball game, then to "get more time... to find out who will solidify themselves.

Griffey012
04-30-2010, 02:08 AM
The bullpen has had plenty of time to figure out who can be trusted. Right now its DRH, Rhodes, (dare I say) Lincoln. These guys go in cycles, their seasons are not won and lost on a 1 month span. I would rather have the starters go 7 innings, give us a shot to win the ball game, then to "get more time... to find out who will solidify themselves.

It makes me cringe everytime I hear Lincoln enter the game, but outside of the opening day mess I witness, I'll have to admit he has been solid. Almost as good as a 2.5 mil reliever.

ian_madden
04-30-2010, 10:22 AM
It makes me cringe everytime I hear Lincoln enter the game, but outside of the opening day mess I witness, I'll have to admit he has been solid. Almost as good as a 2.5 mil reliever.

Almost ;)