PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the REDS for the Sweep and the return to .500!!!

Kingspoint
04-30-2010, 05:11 AM
I saw no threads about either, so here it is.

3rd Straight decent outing by a starting pitcher.

3 out of 4 good games by the Relievers (and the one not so good, they hung on to win on Wednesday).

Finally put a team away with a sweep. That builds momentum, and the team needs momentum.

I'll have to add though, that they were 2 for 23 w/ RISP the last two games, and that should have resulted in 2 losses. But, there was so much hitting to go around, combined with pitching and defense, that they pulled out two victories instead.

Congratulations!

Now, don't let up, and stop now.

Nice to see Stubbs get on base 3 for 3 yesterday, and I hope Dickerson will be OK.

Trace's Daddy
04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Plus they beat Roy too!

aceace
04-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Now it's time for Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds"

The plot: A wealthy Matt Holiday pursues homeruns in a town that slowly takes a turn for the bizarre when birds of all kinds suddenly begin to attack reds pitchers in increasing numbers and with increasing viciousness. In the end Cincy takes 2 out of 3 with Rhoades and Cordero shutting them down with .22 caliber accuracy.

ian_madden
04-30-2010, 10:16 AM
This is where we should be. I'm happy with the sweep. Its a good day in redsland!!

The Voice of IH
04-30-2010, 10:26 AM
No better time to take on the Red Brids, reds are HOT!

BigPoppa
04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Yep, hearty congrats to the Redlegs for taking all 3 games from the Astros in their own ball yard. But, no time to rest now........with the Cardinals coming up, we can't afford to take our foot off the gas !!

BigPoppa
04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
If the Reds can get at least 2 of 3 from the Cardinals, that would really make some early hay in this Division race with the Cubs and Brewers struggling as of late.

Griffey012
04-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Weird, the world didn't end when we were 7 and 11.

defender
04-30-2010, 01:11 PM
The Reds and the Cards, are tied for 2nd in the NL cental with 103 runs scored. For all the complaining about lineups and hitting, the offense has not been the problem. If starting pitching is good, the Reds will be above .500.

Kingspoint
04-30-2010, 08:16 PM
The Reds and the Cards, are tied for 2nd in the NL cental with 103 runs scored. For all the complaining about lineups and hitting, the offense has not been the problem. If starting pitching is good, the Reds will be above .500.

I've said that from the beginning.

I was never worried about the Offense.

It's the Defense (two old guys at SS and 3B) and Starting Pitching. So far, so true.