PDA

View Full Version : 5 In-a-Row!

Kingspoint
05-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Congratulations!

Tough, tough, game to win, both physically and mentally.

That kind of win is pretty self-satisfying and breeds a lot of self-confidence.

Don't let up tomorrow, Homer!

Knightro28
05-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Great battle between Cueto and Penny tonight.

redsfan_12
05-01-2010, 01:41 AM
That was a blast fellas...Did we get a hit after the re-start? I thought we had 8 hits going in, maybe it was 6.

redsfan_12
05-01-2010, 01:43 AM
oh yeah, I wish they would've just called the game. I mean, it was 3-2 earlier lol....it would have saved us about 3 1/2 hours of chewed fingernails and such lol

cbowen2112
05-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Massett, although he gave up a few singles, really buckled down after Dusty's visit. Finally looked like a setup man. After the heart attack of coarse.

Let's hope this is his turn around.

Great win tonight! Errrr. this morning...;)

redsfan_12
05-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Great win tonight! Errrr. this morning...;)

Lets win 2 in one day! haha

SullyGator
05-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Massett, although he gave up a few singles, really buckled down after Dusty's visit. Finally looked like a setup man. After the heart attack of coarse.

Dusty's meeting with Masset may have saved the game. Before the game I was hoping to myself that the Reds win one game in the series... but now I want another :D. Gritty win and I'm really excited.

1990REDS
05-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Even though we only scored 2 runs, that was some of the best baseball ive seen them play in a while. minus the votto/phillips/3rd base coach running mixup, they didnt really shoot themselves in the foot like they usually tend to in that situation. hopefully its a sign of good things to come!!!

goreds2
05-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Anyone read about this?

It was a big moment for Masset, who has scuffled this season and had a 12.54 ERA entering the game. Out of character, he pumped his fist in excitement when the double play was turned. It drew dirty looks from Pujols and the two exchanged words.
"No comment," Masset said about the situation.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Anyone read about this?

It was a big moment for Masset, who has scuffled this season and had a 12.54 ERA entering the game. Out of character, he pumped his fist in excitement when the double play was turned. It drew dirty looks from Pujols and the two exchanged words.

Pujols is a baby. He and the cardinals do nothing but complain every chance they get. I remember when he tried to plow over Brandon Phillips at 2nd one time and Phillips said next time its going in his face.

Griffey012
05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone read about this?

I like Pujols less and less everytime he talks. The guy was pumped because he got out of a big jam in a key situation, how are you not supposed to pump your fist? It's not like it was Joba Chamberlain where he is yelling and pumping after every strike out, this was an inning ending double play. When the inning is over you can do as you please.

Griffey012
05-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I say we bean Pujols today, how great would that be to watch? If we are in a situation where we are going to walk him or pitch around him, lets just plunk him so he can cry about it.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I wouldnt put it past someone like Bailey. I doubt they do it though.

Caveman Techie
05-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, the Cardinals are a bunch of crybabies. Even today in the ST Louis Post Dispatch they are complaining because the umpire didn't call the game while they still had the lead and forced the top of the 6th inning to be played.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/2010/05/la-russa-penny-take-high-road-about-playing-in-the-rain/

*by "they" I mean fans and newspapers

Vottomatic
05-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I hate the Cards, their players, their coaches, their management and their fans. I loathe them entirely.

sivman17
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the Cardinals are a bunch of crybabies. Even today in the ST Louis Post Dispatch they are complaining because the umpire didn't call the game while they still had the lead and forced the top of the 6th inning to be played.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/2010/05/la-russa-penny-take-high-road-about-playing-in-the-rain/

*by "they" I mean fans and newspapers

Bunch of sore crybaby losers. We should have been whining and crying about the Bruce play at the plate that the ump blew but you don't hear us complaining like them.

I'd bean Pujols. Although that would almost assuredly start a bench clearing brawl. There's already the Mayweather fight tonight, I don't know if we need to start our own.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 01:04 PM
For once Id love to see someone plunk Pujols. I dont know if anyone ever has.

Vottomatic
05-01-2010, 04:32 PM
........and it stops at 5 in a row.

Kingspoint
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
........and it stops at 5 in a row.

Though there's a new 5-in-a-row that happened today.

5 decent or better starts in a row by our Starters.

Going for 6 in a row w/ Harang on Sunday.