PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Mudcats, etc...

muddie
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Matt Klinker has been placed on the temporary inactive list. I'm trying to find out what's up with that.

Along with this, does anyone know of a reliable source for getting accurate and quick information regarding player movement within the organization? I check the MLB Reds page but they don't go very deep in the minors with information unless the player is headed to, or departing, Cincy. Dallas Buck was up and down this week with the Mudcats and I was playing catch-up both ways.

I'm trying to get someone with the Mudcats front office to help me on this with a quick email when someone moves. That's still a work in progress.

Thanks for any help on this.

RedsUp
05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
On every team wesite look under roster or stats and go to league transactions.
Here's the Mucats link : http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=111&sid=t249

muddie
05-01-2010, 08:56 AM
On every team wesite look under roster or stats and go to league transactions.
Here's the Mucats link : http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=111&sid=t249

Thanks. I'll follow this a few days and see it it is what I need. Appreciate the respone.

dougdirt
05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
It is just to clear a roster spot with the other moves. He will make his scheduled start

muddie
05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Although Alexader Smit had an ERA above 9.00, getting sent down from AA all the way to Pioneer League Billings has to be rare I would think. There is ano injury involved in this demotion that I know of.

dougdirt
05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Although Alexader Smit had an ERA above 9.00, getting sent down from AA all the way to Pioneer League Billings has to be rare I would think. There is ano injury involved in this demotion that I know of.

It is just so he can be called back up within a week. He wasn't actually demoted. It is just a way to make the roster more flexible.

JayBruceFan
05-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Smit won't even leave the team

They do this in Dayton all the time

muddie
05-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks again guys. I was wondering if this wasn't the case. Him to the PL would have been terminal.