PDA

View Full Version : 5/1/10 - Reds/Cards - - Going for 6 in a row!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

GIDP
05-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm willing to bet with out even looking that Danny Hererra doesnt give up many extra base hits.

Vottomatic
05-01-2010, 04:25 PM
How long is Stubbs leash? He is really struggling.

Griffey012
Frustrating. We had this game and the bullpen lost it.

I wouldn't say we had it, it was a tie game. It was definitely winnable though.

redsfan_12
I think we have just as good as a chance of getting 2 as 1. When we need 1 run for the tie, our lineup does nothing but swing for the fences and looks awful.

Now we're screwed either way with that walk.

I agree..theres two ways you can look at it really; either pitching to him or walking him..oh well, either way, Owings still has to get that next out for sure.

redsfan_12
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Janish in over Heisey????

Griffey012
1 pitch 1 out, thats the way you put a 3 run inning together

GIDP
Heisey still sitting the bench. Hes behind the guy Dusty refuses to play when it comes to pinch hitting.

dusty baker seems to forget about players quite often.

redsfan_12
05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Heisey still sitting the bench. Hes behind the guy Dusty refuses to play when it comes to pinch hitting.

ditto.

Griffey012
05-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I seem to forget about guys like Cairo often.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I seem to forget about guys like Cairo often.

Might as well be playing with 24 guys.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Maybe Caberera is hurt.

Griffey012
05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Man, this one hurts.

redsfan_12
thats it.. tough loss to swollow..but, tomorrow's another day. Take the positives: Bailey pitched a gem, Bruce keeps hitting, Phillips is looking better.

redsfan_12
Man, this one hurts.

yes it does.

Griffey012
Maybe Caberera is hurt.

Cabrera tweaked a thumb or wrist or something during his last AB they were saying, not sure what the issue was exactly.

Vottomatic
05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Well atleast our team is classy. The Cards are full of punks. I hate those guys.

Tough game to lose.

davereds24
tomorrow's game will say a lot about this team.

Mutaman
I'm just happy they finally walked Pujols.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh well at least Dusty didnt have to use Rhodes Masset or Cordero today. Of course he used every other body in the pen but some times you have to do that when you try to lose.

Only half kidding heh.

Knightro28
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm just happy they finally walked Pujols.

Don't give credit to Lincoln, he did it on accident.

bgwilly31
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Since our bullpen has been overworked the last few days. Rhodes is the closer today, CoCo cant be used. Lincoln has been throwing very well since opening day. Masset probably is not gonna be used unless he has to be.

Give me a reasonable reason fisher needed to be pulled>?

I know the bullpen has been over worked. So why take out a guy that wasnt struggling.

Reds42MLB
05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Give me a reasonable reason fisher needed to be pulled>?

I know the bullpen has been over worked. So why take out a guy that wasnt struggling.

Maybe because Schumaker has never gotten a hit off of Herrera? Everyone wants to knock on Dusty all the time but he knows about the numbers just a tad more than most of us do.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe because Schumaker has never gotten a hit off of Herrera? Everyone wants to knock on Dusty all the time but he knows about the numbers just a tad more than most of us do.

Dusty has shown time after time he doesnt know the numbers.

Reds42MLB
05-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Dusty has shown time after time he doesnt know the numbers.

But when he plays the numbers correctly and it doesn't work out he gets crucified? :rolleyes: Guy is in a lose lose situation, not very fair. I'm not defending every decision he makes, but there was nothing wrong with the one he made today.

GIDP
05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
But when he plays the numbers correctly and it doesn't work out he gets crucified? :rolleyes: Guy is in a lose lose situation, not very fair. I'm not defending every decision he makes, but there was nothing wrong with the one he made today.

The dude has shown time after time that not only does he not the know the number he has chosen to ignore them. Im saying that Dusty doesnt care about the numbers. He cares about things like "guys being due". He thinks all lefties pitch better against a lefty than all righties and equally the same opposite. He thinks guys who hit for a high average are better players than guys who get on base at a much higher rate.

He might go by the numbers but they mean very little to him. Not to mention the cases when he completely gets the numbers wrong, such as in 08 in a double header when he benched Griffey against a pitcher he hits, then benched Dunn in the 2nd game against a pitcher he hits well. Then proceeded to say the numbers were the other way around.

Dusty is not a numbers guy. Plain and simple.

Reds42MLB
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
The dude has shown time after time that not only does he not the know the number he has chosen to ignore them. Im saying that Dusty doesnt care about the numbers. He cares about things like "guys being due". He thinks all lefties pitch better against a lefty than all righties and equally the same opposite. He thinks guys who hit for a high average are better players than guys who get on base at a much higher rate.

He might go by the numbers but they mean very little to him. Not to mention the cases when he completely gets the numbers wrong, such as in 08 in a double header when he benched Griffey against a pitcher he hits, then benched Dunn in the 2nd game against a pitcher he hits well. Then proceeded to say the numbers were the other way around.

Dusty is not a numbers guy. Plain and simple.

Doesn't matter if he isn't a numbers guy in this case. When he makes a decision to bring a guy in and that guy has never given up a hit to a particular batter it cannot be criticized as the wrong decision. Doesn't matter if his thought process behind it had anything to do with the numbers or not. It was the right call, end of story.