PDA

View Full Version : Bought 3G USB device - Really like it

JaxRed
05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I have wanted a way to access internet when there was no wif-fi. For a long time I tethered my Windows mobile phone.

But about 3 weeks ago I bought a Virgin Mobile Pay as You Go USB 3G device

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband for $99.00

and a $20 card which will last 30 days. I've really been happy with the choice. Much less hassle than tethering and it's been faster.

I have not downloaded any video, but I've been to about 5 games and I run the Gamecasts for 3-4 games and cruise the net in general and I still have almost 2/3 of my time left.

If anyone is considering it, I recommend it.

Unassisted
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
IMO, you were wise to get a Pay as You Go solution for 3G. The day is fast approaching when the 4G equivalents of this service will be available for super low prices... like $10/month for unlimited bandwidth. That's what I'm holding out for. With PayGo, you won't be tied to a contract and will be free to jump to a better deal when it comes along.

I use Virgin Mobile as my wireless phone provider. It's been a good company for me for 6 years and I'm hoping that the recent takeover by Sprint doesn't spoil that. If I had a need for mobile broadband and was a similarly light user, I wouldn't hesitate to go with their device and service. :thumbup: