PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Camping

huber14
05-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Would anyone here have any experience of camping around greater Cincinnati? Being from Northern Ohio, my friends and I want to take a camping trip later this summer and go to a Reds game or two. We thought about East Fork State Park or Stonelick State Park. Any thoughts? Being able to swim in the lake and hanging out on a beach would be a plus but not a necessity.

dabvu2498
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Would anyone here have any experience of camping around greater Cincinnati? Being from Northern Ohio, my friends and I want to take a camping trip later this summer and go to a Reds game or two. We thought about East Fork State Park or Stonelick State Park. Any thoughts? Being able to swim in the lake and hanging out on a beach would be a plus but not a necessity.

If I was going to recommend a campground, I'd say Hueston Woods SP over either of the two you mentioned.

It's a bit further from the ballpark, especially than East Fork, but the quality of the camping area and the lake/beach/park is quite a bit better.

SunDeck
05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Give Nature Outfitters (http://www.natureoutfitters.com/) a call. The folks there know all sorts of great spots to camp and might come up with some ideas beyond the run of the mill state park.

redhawkfish
05-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I fish and camp at East fork and it is a decent lake and campground. I would say Cowan lake is the nicest state park area around Cincy. Winton Woods and Miami Whitewater forest are nice campgrounds in the Hamilton County park system. No beaches , but much closer to the ballpark.

Kingspoint
05-03-2010, 08:38 PM

I thought this was a thread about the homeless.

Caseyfan21
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Ceasar Creek State Park is about 45 minutes north of Cincinnati. I camped there a lot with the Boy Scouts when I was growing up. There is also a beach there on the lake. Lake is pretty cool for boating as well.

dabvu2498
05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Ceasar Creek State Park is about 45 minutes north of Cincinnati. I camped there a lot with the Boy Scouts when I was growing up. There is also a beach there on the lake. Lake is pretty cool for boating as well.

Worst fishing lake on earth. The only place to catch fish at CC is below the lake in the creek itself.

But yeah, it's a good boating/swimming lake.

redhawkfish
05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Caesar's creek is the "Dead Sea" when it comes to fishing.