PDA

View Full Version : Chris Heisey to make MLB debut tonight in RF

Redlegs_87
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
2009 Reds Minor League Player of the Year Chris Heisey will make his @MLB debut tonight in RF Via twitter

nemesis
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
It would make more sense if he had hit LHP at all this year. He hasn't had very good splits at all... Granted his Career numbers are pretty good.

mroby85
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Jay Bruce not playing? They must be frowning on his current hot streak. Don't want a hot bat in the middle of the order!

Griffey012
05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Jay Bruce not playing? They must be frowning on his current hot streak. Don't want a hot bat in the middle of the order!

Oliver Perez is on the hill...it makes sense. Gomes in LF, and give Heisey the start in RF. Perez is always tough on lefties with that sweeping slider, and Bruce isn't the best hitter against tough lefties.

Although I would prefer to just see Heisey in CF and no Stubbs.

davereds24
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
nice. bruce couldn't hit perez if he was given 5 strikes per AB.

GIDP
05-03-2010, 03:56 PM
It would make more sense if he had hit LHP at all this year. He hasn't had very good splits at all... Granted his Career numbers are pretty good.

Basing a guy off a handful of ABs is something straight out of a Dusty Baker managing for Dummies book.

Its a shame he gets to make his debut at Bruces expense. You know one of the best hitters on the team.

davereds24
05-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Basing a guy off a handful of ABs is something straight out of a Dusty Baker managing for Dummies book.

Its a shame he gets to make his debut at Bruces expense. You know one of the best hitters on the team.

he had a bad weekend, today is a good time to get him a rest. just because he had a hot 5 game stretch hardly makes him one of the team's best hitter, especially against lefties.

markymark69
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
It certainly can't hurt. Bruce gets rest against a lefty, which is probably a good thing. Hopefully Heisey can get off to a good start and then take over in left field - that spot is still very iffy with Gomes, Nix and Dickerson. Somebody needs to take that spot and hopefully Heisey is the man for the job.

GIDP
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
he had a bad weekend, today is a good time to get him a rest. just because he had a hot 5 game stretch hardly makes him one of the team's best hitter, especially against lefties.

Hes had a hot 19 game stretch. Actually hes the teams 2nd best hitter and factoring in his D hes better than what ever Gomes is going to give you. Bruce has only half a seasons worth of ABs against lefties hardly enough to suggest he cant hit them.

Zimmers
05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Don't like the idea of sitting your hottest hitter atm lefty or no lefty. Heisley,Stubs,Bruce in the OF would be sick. :)

mroby85
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Also keep in mind Bruce has pretty bad numbers against everyone, not just lefties, but he's been putting together better quality at bats lately. Not saying he would do great, but I don't think he's a worse option than the people who are playing. He worked a walk off of Dennys Reyes in the St. Louis series. I'm very impressed with how much his plate discipline has come along since last season. I really hope he can keep it up.

James B.
05-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I like the idea of Bruce sitting against Perez. I think he would struggle against him. Let's get as many right handed batters as we can in the lineup.

AintlifeGrande
05-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Whats the story on Heisey?Power,speed?

PhillipsHead
05-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Bruce vs. a lefty.

Giving Bruce a rest.

Gomes crushes lefties.

Not a big deal, and a nice night to debut an up and commer.

GIDP
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Whats the story on Heisey?Power,speed?

If I was going to compare him to anyone at the plate it would be Rolen. Thats a basic view on what type of hitter to expect. Good average, good SO/BB ratio, good power. Above average speed. PRobably similar to Bruce or Votto but he has been a better base stealing threat.

Kingspoint
05-03-2010, 07:15 PM
2009 Reds Minor League Player of the Year Chris Heisey will make his @MLB debut tonight in RF Via twitter

Cool.

Break a leg, kid!