PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation for my hometown of Cincinnati (and the surrounding area)

TC81190
05-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, because I will be moving to Bloomington for school this fall. And while I won't be far from home, or even away from for a long period of time, it still won't have the everyday role in my life that it does now.

I know a lot of Cincinnati natives including many posters here have issues with the city and wishes it were different. Myself included. But I believe that if you live in any city for a long time, there will be always things that you don't like about it.

So I figured I would make this thread in appreciation for the good things that Cincinnati is, because despite its flaws, it still is a great city, and I'm glad that I had the privilege to grow up here.

Razor Shines
05-05-2010, 01:10 AM
So you're gonna be a Lion. (by Bloomington I assume you mean Bloomington, MN and that you're going to Normandale Community College).

TC81190
05-05-2010, 01:27 AM
So you're gonna be a Lion. (by Bloomington I assume you mean Bloomington, MN and that you're going to Normandale Community College).
Actually, Bloomington IN, where I'll be a Hoosier, eventually.

reds1869
05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
:D

05-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Go to the Bluebird. Often.

http://www.thebluebird.ws/

Hoosier Red
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Go to the Bluebird. Often.

http://www.thebluebird.ws/

And Nick's.
And The Upstairs Pub
And Bear's Place
and
I miss college. Best of luck to you and I agree. I went to IU beginning in 1996 and have been in Indiana since but Cincinnati is still home.

jredmo2
05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Haven't lived there since high school. I've thought about moving back ever since college, but it's just a little too tame in Cincy to make me move back. I'll have plenty of time for that when I'm old... as for now I need excitement.