PDA

View Full Version : Heads up. Info re: Reds on HD -Dish Network

Cooper
05-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I posted a week or 2 ago -reported that half of the games on Dish have been on standard programing but not on Hi-Def.

I called the Di*& Network last night -and after waiting 10 minutes i finally got to talk to a live person (so that was good)- the guy couldn't help me at all, but he gave it a good effort.

Called again -trying to figure out why the Di*& Network isn't showing my favorite team in HD. The next guy i talked to was a complete jerk. He reported numerous times that i didn't understand and i kept agreeing that this was quite true. I asked "why doesn't the Di*& Network carry all the reds Broadcasted games in HD when other providers do?". He reported that the Reds would not sell the games to the Di*% Network. I asked if the price was too steep to pay -he said "no, they just won't sell them to us". I replied -"they will sell some of the games (to DN), but not others...that doesn't make sense". I asked to talk to his supervisor -he hung up on me.

Called again and got someone who filled me in --it appears that the Reds sell the games on a per week basis (the HD games). DirectTV and numerous cable providers have purchased all the games that have been broadcasr in HD whereas Di*& Network has purchased about half. The last guy i talked to said he thought that would continue.

So if you are getting a Hi-Def Tv and you wanna watch every game the Reds broadcast in HD- BUY THE DIRECTTV package. Otherwise, you'll be sitting at home wondering "why do all my friends get the games in HD and i don't?".

It's a sad tale--someone had to tell it (my contract is month to month -i'm changing to DirectTv).

reds1869
05-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I had a horrible experience with Dish Network. It was so bad I'm actually thrilled with Time Warner!

mbgrayson
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I have been very happy with DirecTV... It is not cheap, but the quality has been good. I have the full MLB package, and I get almost all the games (for all the teams) in HD.

WVRedsFan
05-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I've had DirecTV since 1993. Never, ever a problem with programming, including the Reds. Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) has always not been our main sports channel (FS Pittsburgh is), but DTV shows all the Reds games in HD anyway without having to buy the Extra Innings package. My office manager had Dish after having DTV and it lasted one week at her house. DTV is far superior.