reds44
05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Enjoy.

dougdirt
05-06-2010, 08:16 PM
And I thought Marty was bad....

11larkin11
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Not that the team doesn't do it enough, but Bruce Drennan makes me embarassed to be a Browns fan.

NJReds
05-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Classic rant. Great stuff.

"Did anyone remind these players that this is the major leagues!?!?" :bowrofl:

Chip R
05-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I wish he wouldn't hold back and let us know how he really feels.

Dom Heffner
05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Sizemore is about as big a bust as there is. He is awful.

mdccclxix
05-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Alan Cutler / Marty Brennanmen love-child. Ouch, he must drive the misery wagon up there. Can't even be happy about the Cavs.

Crosley68
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry, but that is very unprofessional. Sounds like some drunk from the bleachers.

wheels
05-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Why doesn't he go out and play?

Did he really just jump on Russ Branyan's swing?

Go out and play, Bruce. Show us what you've got.

kaldaniels
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Professional? No.

Entertaining? Absolutely.

traderumor
05-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I saw that ending live. Was in the ER with one of my boys waiting on news about his injured wrist and saw it go between Valbeuna's legs and had watched the Reds enough to know what was happening next. That is about as bad a way to lose a game as there is. My sons, 9-10 years old, little leaguers themselves, said "that looked like a little league play." It would be hard not to do that. And it is certainly more honest than anything Jim Day or Jeff Picoro gives us after a brutal loss. Jim Day would almost make you think they had played their best and had fun like t-ballers after a game like that.

KronoRed
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Sounds like the banana phone.

Eric_the_Red
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Hilarious.

Unless of course you're a fan of the team, or the guy writing this clown's check every week.

But I am neither so :laugh:

kbrake
05-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Its Cleveland what the hell does he have to be happy about? The Cavs? Maybe for another 2 weeks max. That city is a joke.

Slyder
05-07-2010, 12:25 AM
I hope he was being sarcastic with the Big Red Machine reference. I cant believe I actually listened to all of it. Like someone else said this reminds me of the guys who call the Banana Phone... except for that one guy Adam from Milwaukee I liked him LoL.

forfreelin04
05-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Great find Reds44.

I'm sending it to my buddy who is an Indians fan of the same mold as Drennan.

What is perhaps more funny then Drennan's rant, his endless and hillarious sighs, or is ballet performance of a Branyan swing is the fact that the Indians (as assembled at the beginning of 2010) could even elicit such anger from any fan or broadcaster. It didn't take a genius to know that team was horrible before the year started.

My advice to Clevelanders: Root for the Cavs as if this was your last chance to ever see a Championship trophy hoisted in your city. Lord knows, you've suffered enough, but Lebron James is literally your only hope.

MasonBuzz3
05-07-2010, 01:58 AM
baseball is the only sport drennan knows anything about. he actually is a good source of baseball knowledge. but he is right, the indians do stink....and this is on an indians' owned network. he might make a killing this year betting against the tribe

Ron Madden
05-07-2010, 02:50 AM
I've had my moments being critical of the Reds but I know that playing MLB is not as easy as it looks.

My main beef has been with the managerial side of the club, rushing young prospects, signing below average players and expecting them to perform better than their history indicates.

No wonder some players avoid the media and guys like Bruce Drennan.

Captain Hook
05-07-2010, 02:56 AM
The whole thing reminds me of the part in Friday when the crack head falls in the store says"ohhhhhh I'm hurt oooooooooh I'm hurt, my neck, my neck and my back, ooooooooh I'm suing you for a hundred and fifty dollars but we can settle out of court for for twenty dollars".

11larkin11
05-07-2010, 03:01 AM
baseball is the only sport drennan knows anything about. he actually is a good source of baseball knowledge. but he is right, the indians do stink....and this is on an indians' owned network. he might make a killing this year betting against the tribe

All Bets Are Off.

Anyone with STO understands that.

And can we lay off the city? Lay it on the Indians all you want, but leave the city alone. I love Cleveland.

traderumor
05-07-2010, 07:29 AM
I think Drennan got his hopes up in spring training, when the Indians were pummelling folks. They just don't have a very good lineup and their bullpen is poor. Like he said, the starting pitching has been ok, but don't forget that Jake Westbrook was their opening day pitcher, only to be topped by Vicente Padilla starting for the Dodgers.

Yachtzee
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
All Bets Are Off.

Anyone with STO understands that.

And can we lay off the city? Lay it on the Indians all you want, but leave the city alone. I love Cleveland.

Yay! Let's bring in a guy who has a gambling addiction to host a show on the team-owned network, call it "All Bets Are Off" and make the show's logo look like the famous "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. No, we aren't promoting gambling or anything. Drennan is a tool. He likes to say crazy stuff to get people riled up.

I agree with you about Cleveland. Cleveland has a lot of things in common with Cincinnati, so those in Cincinnati need to avoid being the pot calling the kettle black.

I'd still prefer the Indians FO to the one we have in Cincinnati. At least with Cleveland, they've got enough talent in the pipeline where they know they'll do well in a few years. It's just a shame the economics of baseball doesn't allow them to hold on to their better players long enough to bring that new talent in before they have to start letting guys go.

lollipopcurve
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
At least with Cleveland, they've got enough talent in the pipeline where they know they'll do well in a few years.

Reds' young pitching is much better than Cleveland's.

pedro
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I can not believe that guy gets paid to be on the air.

During the week in which the great Ernie Harwell passed away this serves to show how far the art of broadcasting has fallen.

Sad

Chip R
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I can not believe that guy gets paid to be on the air.

During the week in which the great Ernie Harwell passed away this serves to show how far the art of broadcasting has fallen.

Sad

Calling that broadcasting is a stretch but I know what you mean.

TRF
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
it's broadcasting. it was broadcast.

I bet he makes 6 figures too.

god the world is unfair.

Yachtzee
05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Reds' young pitching is much better than Cleveland's.

Maybe for the time being. But Cleveland always has quality in the minor leagues. Columbus is currently leading their division in AAA and although Akron isn't doing so well right now, they're the current Eastern League champs and have won their division every year since 2005. When I go to Aeros games, I expect to see a good number of those players on the Indians within a year or two, or else traded to someone else to bring in someone who will be on the Indians roster.

The Reds have a recent history of having players highly-touted in the minors who end up being busts at the major league level. Lately they seem to have had some good fortune in bringing guys up through the system, but they don't have nearly the track record of adding homegrown talent over the past 10-15 years that the Indians have had.

Boss-Hog
05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Please do not include embedded material that has content inappropriate per our rules. Thanks.