http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6HwEJLSKs&feature=player_embedded

Brutus
05-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Draft and follow? :D

Let him take over shortstop now!

savafan
05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Let him take over shortstop now!

No kidding, for as amazing as his hitting is, I'm more impressed by his defense.

Slyder
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
This kind of stuff is what really makes me cringe. I've seen soccer and basketball parents go nuts with the "specialization" and seen most of them burn out on all sports by the time they get to middle school because of how they get pushed by over-zealous parents. I just hope that Im reading too much into these couple videos.

Brutus
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
This kind of stuff is what really makes me cringe. I've seen soccer and basketball parents go nuts with the "specialization" and seen most of them burn out on all sports by the time they get to middle school because of how they get pushed by over-zealous parents. I just hope that Im reading too much into these couple videos.

The videos rub me the wrong way, too. The kid is clearly very talented, but something about this kind of hype for a 6-year old that turns my stomach.

Yachtzee
05-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Check his birth certificate. He could be a 5-6 year old, or maybe he's a short 9-10 year old.

guttle11
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I was skeptical at first, but when Jessie Tejada, Baseball Player gave his endorsement I was sold.

KoryMac5
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
He looks like a happy kid playing baseball. What the video doesn't show is the other activities the youngster is a part of. I am sure he has friends and plays soccer etc... If my assumption is wrong and baseball is his life he probably will be sick of it by the time he is in his teens. Hopefully he has other activities.

VR
05-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Honestly...I didn't think the videos were all that impressive :confused:

lollipopcurve
05-08-2010, 12:01 PM

Ditto. I get a bad feeling when I see stuff like this.

Superdude
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
that's an interesting swing

REDblooded
05-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Good for him. Other kids his age are fat and would cry if their dad asked them to step in the cage at 85 mph... He eats it up like it's a video game.

RBA
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Good for him. Other kids his age are fat and would cry if their dad asked them to step in the cage at 85 mph... He eats it up like it's a video game.

Most Dads wouldn't put their 5 yo in a cage at 85mph. And there is good reason not to.

REDblooded
05-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Most Dads wouldn't put their 5 yo in a cage at 85mph. And there is good reason not to.

Not in this one's case... He's at ease up there...

Tommyjohn25
05-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Honestly...I didn't think the videos were all that impressive :confused:

Really? Most kids at 5 are playing tee ball, this kid has the timing and eye-hand coordination to hit a 85mph pitch! I was considered somewhat impressive for doing that at age 9. Can you imagine what he's gonna do when he's actually strong enough to swing the bat better? :)

Not to mention the defense. Stays down on the ball, accurate throws. Color me impressed.

REDblooded
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
And he's swinging a bat that's as long as he is...

George Anderson
05-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Check his birth certificate. He could be a 5-6 year old, or maybe he's a short 9-10 year old.

Check his urine while were at it.

TheNext44
05-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Until they hit puberty, kids develop individual skills at different ages. Kids like this one from Jersey could easily get passed up by the time they hit little league... or not. But I've seen lots of kids, including my own niece, who were amazing athletes for their ages, only to be very average once they start growing up.

And I really feel sorry for the kid, he has no idea how much he is being exploited.