PDA

View Full Version : Erica Blasberg DEAD: LPGA Golfer Dies At 25

savafan
05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/10/erica-blasberg-dead-dies_n_570959.html

According to the Associated Press, Blasberg's agent would not divulge details about the cause of the golfer's death, and it is unclear whether foul play was a factor. Henderson police are currently investigating.

Kingspoint
05-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Happened in Nevada.

Doesn't look good.

Redhook
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Just terrible news. I read about this last night and was very saddened. I caddied on the LPGA in '05 when Erica was a rookie. We were paired together a few times. Very sweet girl. It's just a shame.

macro
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/pp_Blasberg_Erica_lg.jpg

Her LPGA page: http://www.lpga.com/player_results.aspx?id=3453

...and also an interview from last year: http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/23402503

savafan
05-11-2010, 08:50 AM
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpps/sports/erica-blasberg-death-very-very-strange-father-dpgonc-20100511-fc_7480440

The father of 25-year-old golf player Erica Blasberg, who was found dead in her Nevada home Sunday, said his daughter's death is "very, very strange," The Press-Enterprise reported Monday.

"At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," Mel Blasberg said.

Kingspoint
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
There's not a chance she committed suicide. You can see in her face that she was extremely hard-working and had a lust for improving herself and respected life.

westofyou
05-11-2010, 05:34 PM
There's not a chance she committed suicide. You can see in her face that she was extremely hard-working and had a lust for improving herself and respected life.

Really?

I have a friend who killed himself last month and no one knows why, not his ex, his friends, his kids, no one.... he fits exactly in your statement above.

In short pictures don't tell you a thing.

Cedric
05-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Really?

I have a friend who killed himself last month and no one knows why, not his ex, his friends, his kids, no one.... he fits exactly in your statement above.

Had a cousin almost die from attempting suicide. Had no warning signs and alcohol was in the mix. All it takes is one bad day and someone that is prone to making over dramatic decisions on a whim.

Kingspoint
05-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Really?

They do, actually. Your face shows the wear and tear of your concerns during your life. If I could see his picture, I could tell you.

As an ex-professional photographer, I know faces. I can read a lot into a picture.

Take this girl, for example. Her left eye droops in a way consistent with someone who has the personality characteristics of what I mentioned. It's a different type of drooping and shows a different type of stress from someone who's having trouble dealing with issues in life.

Suicides don't come on quickly. They are the result of a long series of events in one's life. The signs of your friend were missed by those around him, which is sometimes harder to recognize by those closest to him.

If you want more samples, here's what you can do.

Take some pictures, preferably 5 X 7 or larger, and look at them. But, do so by taking a blank piece of paper and splitting the face down the middle. You'll see 95% of the time that the right side of the picture will show all of the emotion from that person's life. Most of the face will have a downward sloping on it, from the lip sloping downward, the eyelid covering more of the iris and white of the eye, the skin to the side of the eye pulling the face downward moreso, the wrinkles to the side of the nose and below the edge of the outside of the eye pulling downward moreso.

Now, cover the right side of the face and look. The left side of the picture will show an emotionless expression. There won't be a sloping of the eyelid, or the wrinkles to the side of the eye, or the lip, or the skin to the left of the nose and below the outside of the eye. This is because emotions in life don't show up on that side of the face because of right-brain/left-brain functions. They show up on the other side (they cross sides, where one side of the brain controls the physical characteristics on the other side of the body).

Now, when you study faces like I have for the last 30 years with this knowledge as a fundamental when I look at someone for the first time, you can tell the difference between someone's expression based upon the characteristics I said this woman has and the characteristics someone who's not handling stress properly (like your friend).

Skin changes are very different between these two cases. The woman who has passed away here is someone who respects life, works her tail off, and has for years and years, and would never commit suicide.

guttle11
05-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, for starters, not every suicide is the culmination of months or years of issues. Some really do happen on a whim. Sometimes people do just flip a switch, snap in the moment, and sometimes outside substances can play a role. Look at Chris Henry. There was no reason whatsoever to doubt that he was on top of the world mentally, and if his fiancee's story is the truth...it's something that happened in the moment.

Second, let's let the investigation take place. All that matters right now is that a young life has ended far too soon.

pahster
05-12-2010, 08:33 AM
They do, actually. Your face shows the wear and tear of your concerns during your life. If I could see his picture, I could tell you.

As an ex-professional photographer, I know faces. I can read a lot into a picture.

Take this girl, for example. Her left eye droops in a way consistent with someone who has the personality characteristics of what I mentioned. It's a different type of drooping and shows a different type of stress from someone who's having trouble dealing with issues in life.

Suicides don't come on quickly. They are the result of a long series of events in one's life. The signs of your friend were missed by those around him, which is sometimes harder to recognize by those closest to him.

Take some pictures, preferably 5 X 7 or larger, and look at them. But, do so by taking a blank piece of paper and splitting the face down the middle. You'll see 95% of the time that the right side of the picture will show all of the emotion from that person's life. Most of the face will have a downward sloping on it, from the lip sloping downward, the eyelid covering more of the iris and white of the eye, the skin to the side of the eye pulling the face downward moreso, the wrinkles to the side of the nose and below the edge of the outside of the eye pulling downward moreso.

Now, cover the right side of the face and look. The left side of the picture will show an emotionless expression. There won't be a sloping of the eyelid, or the wrinkles to the side of the eye, or the lip, or the skin to the left of the nose and below the outside of the eye. This is because emotions in life don't show up on that side of the face because of right-brain/left-brain functions. They show up on the other side (they cross sides, where one side of the brain controls the physical characteristics on the other side of the body).

Now, when you study faces like I have for the last 30 years with this knowledge as a fundamental when I look at someone for the first time, you can tell the difference between someone's expression based upon the characteristics I said this woman has and the characteristics someone who's not handling stress properly (like your friend).

Skin changes are very different between these two cases. The woman who has passed away here is someone who respects life, works her tail off, and has for years and years, and would never commit suicide.

Sounds like phrenology.

SunDeck
05-12-2010, 08:43 AM

As an ex-professional photographer, I know faces. I can read a lot into a picture.......

As a survivor of the suicide of a loved one, I find this post repugnant.

westofyou
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Sounds like phrenology.

What I was thinking was it sounded like something that could only be described with two letters, first one is a B.

pahster
05-12-2010, 09:26 AM
What I was thinking was it sounded like something that could only be described with two letters, first one is a B.

Same thing. :)

TRF
05-12-2010, 09:50 AM

You just took an issue that is made of shades of gray and made it black and white.

Which of course is ridiculous. There could have been nothing wrong with her and she could have done it because of a foreign substance. Or she could have bottled everything up and never shown a single sign. Tiger Woods springs to mind as someone really good at hiding inner turmoil. And I'm sorry, but your work as a photographer hardly makes you an expert on the psychology of suicide. I've had two members of my family fall to this, and all anyone is left with is why.

wolfboy
05-12-2010, 10:41 AM
The signs of your friend were missed by those around him, which is sometimes harder to recognize by those closest to him.

Seriously? Let me get this right - you are a photographer?

westofyou
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Seriously? Let me get this right - you are a photographer?

But he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Tommyjohn25
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Take it easy, or take it private.

KoryMac5
05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
It is definitely a tragedy for the young lady and those she leaves behind. I am hoping the autopsy sheds some light on this for her parents. The rough part about a sudden passing like this, is that sometimes you don't find the answers you are looking for.

WMR
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Damn, she was gorgeous. :(

bucksfan2
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Damn, she was gorgeous. :(

I had always thought she was know more for her looks than her golf game.

LoganBuck
05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
CBS said this morning that her winnings in golf were $113,000 in 2008, $26,000 in 2009, and this year she only participated in one tourney finishing in the 40s.

Kingspoint
05-13-2010, 01:27 AM
You just took an issue that is made of shades of gray and made it black and white.

Which of course is ridiculous. There could have been nothing wrong with her and she could have done it because of a foreign substance. Or she could have bottled everything up and never shown a single sign. Tiger Woods springs to mind as someone really good at hiding inner turmoil. And I'm sorry, but your work as a photographer hardly makes you an expert on the psychology of suicide. I've had two members of my family fall to this, and all anyone is left with is why.

Never said I was an expert on psychology.

I said I was an expert on reading emotion from faces, which I am. I never said I can identify someone who is psychologically ready to commit suicide. I said I can identify the features that this girl has and say emphatically that she did not.

If someone doesn't understand this and wants to call it BS, then it's just their little mind not being able to realize that there's some things in life there's little about.

I gave an excellent simple description of how anyone can see these things, if they open their mind. If they truly cared about someone else's feelings then they'd look into this as another way of trying to understand other individuals.

It makes me sad that anyone would try to ballyhoo a legitimate way to understanding the emotions of another human being just because they don't understand it and consider themselves too smart to try.

I showed you how it works. Try it yourself and you'll see. You can see how you effect those around you (if you're with them enough) just by looking at two photographs that are one, two, or three years apart. You won't have a very good understanding of what you're seeing at first, but give yourself a few years of doing this and you'll see repeated patterns associated with different personalities. I've been doing it for 30 years, so you've got a long way to go to get where I am, but you can become very helpful to someone in just a short time of "being more observant".

That anyone doesn't know this already, shows that they need to be more observant of those they meet. It's not rocket science. It's not any kind of science. It's just being sympathetic to the small changes in the facial expressions of those whom you know.

Please don't let arrogance get in the way of an opportunity to better your understanding of those you care about.

reds44
05-13-2010, 05:19 AM
It is definitely a tragedy for the young lady and those she leaves behind. I am hoping the autopsy sheds some light on this for her parents. The rough part about a sudden passing like this, is that sometimes you don't find the answers you are looking for.
I'm afraid to post this because some people in this thread are speaking from expierence in this situation, but if she took her own life would you really want to know? I would second guess everything I had done with her if I was in the situation knowing she took her own life.

This thread kind of got off track, though. It was way too soon for such a beautiful and talented young lady to go, no matter how it happend.

RIP.

Eric_the_Red
05-13-2010, 07:24 AM

I said I was an expert on reading emotion from faces, which I am. I never said I can identify someone who is psychologically ready to commit suicide. I said I can identify the features that this girl has and say emphatically that she did not.

If someone doesn't understand this and wants to call it BS, then it's just their little mind not being able to realize that there's some things in life there's little about.

I gave an excellent simple description of how anyone can see these things, if they open their mind. If they truly cared about someone else's feelings then they'd look into this as another way of trying to understand other individuals.

It makes me sad that anyone would try to ballyhoo a legitimate way to understanding the emotions of another human being just because they don't understand it and consider themselves too smart to try.

I showed you how it works. Try it yourself and you'll see. You can see how you effect those around you (if you're with them enough) just by looking at two photographs that are one, two, or three years apart. You won't have a very good understanding of what you're seeing at first, but give yourself a few years of doing this and you'll see repeated patterns associated with different personalities. I've been doing it for 30 years, so you've got a long way to go to get where I am, but you can become very helpful to someone in just a short time of "being more observant".

That anyone doesn't know this already, shows that they need to be more observant of those they meet. It's not rocket science. It's not any kind of science. It's just being sympathetic to the small changes in the facial expressions of those whom you know.

Please don't let arrogance get in the way of an opportunity to better your understanding of those you care about.

Speaking of arrogance...

pahster
05-13-2010, 09:20 AM

You're right; it's not science. That's the problem.

CySeymour
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Hmmm....and I thought we were gonna discuss Erica Blasberg in this thread. Shame.

ochre
05-13-2010, 09:57 AM
With what is currently known, not much more can be said here. Perhaps when/if any new information is available a new thread can be created, but I don't see much good coming from this thread's current direction.