PDA

View Full Version : IF the Phillies traded Victorino

aubashbrother
05-11-2010, 12:50 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/MLB/article_external/Phillies_Could_Move_Shane_Victorino_to_Keep_Jayson _Werth/2574824

Probably wont happen but if they did I think he would be a great guy to target although im not really sure what Phillie would need or want.

Victorino
Phillips
Votto
Rolen
Bruce
Gomes
Ocab
Hanigan

GIDP
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Victorino's D isnt all that great. He is probably average or slightly below.

JKam
05-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Victorino's D isnt all that great. He is probably average or slightly below.

I don't think he's especially flashy or oozing with natural ability like Stubbs, but Victorino is a solid CF. I know it isn't the end to the discussion, but he did win a gold glove, and I don't think it is like Jeter's case (based on reputation). He is a scrappier player who makes the most of his abilities. He would be more than adequate defensively.

GIDP
05-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't think he's especially flashy or oozing with natural ability like Stubbs, but Victorino is a solid CF. I know it isn't the end to the discussion, but he did win a gold glove, and I don't think it is like Jeter's case (based on reputation). He is a scrappier player who makes the most of his abilities. He would be more than adequate defensively.

Gold gloves are normally given to players on good teams. Victorino is probably an average CF but hes not anything amazing defensively.

Vottomatic
05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Well, when we're playing as well as we are now, I'm less interested in acquiring players and more interested in letting our young guys continue to improve.