PDA

View Full Version : Heisey's first hit, homerun, RBI...and in front of his home people...

Kingspoint
05-12-2010, 05:49 AM
From cincinnatireds.com:

"It was good to get the first one out of the way," Heisey said. "I think it just helped me relax and go from there. I was glad that there was a lot of family here. My mom couldn't make it and my dad passed away a couple of years ago and in the ninth inning it started to hit me and I really wish he was here, but he's here in spirit. I can't really ask for a better day."

"It's been a lot of fun since I've been up here," Heisey explained. "We're winning and it's obviously a lot more fun when you win and I kind of feel like I had a big part in the win tonight. It feels good and Cueto pitched amazing and hopefully we can keep it rolling."

muddie
05-12-2010, 06:32 AM
I am elated for Heisey. He's a former Mudcat here and I've been waiting for what seems like forever for him to get the call and then to get his first hit, etc. We subscribe to Extra Innings so I was fortunate enough to see the game. If he can stay up and gain some playing time it would be fantastic. He currently wears #28. I like that number and if he hangs around I'll keep that in mind when I buy a Reds numbered tee.