PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carpenter acting like a child yet again tonight, v. Astros.

TC81190
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Pitching against the Astros tonight, Carlos Lee popped out and slammed his bat against the ground in frustration. Lee said in the post game that he got a pitch to hit and he popped it up and was upset for not taking advantage of it. Lee wasn't looking at Carpenter as you can see from the camera angle, but Carpenter approaches the baseline and starts yelling at Lee anyway. The fight got heated and both benches cleared, with Carpenter still yelling as Lee left for the dugout.

I have to say, I don't think there is an opposing player I dislike more than Chris Carpenter. He is completely unprofessional. Whines about the balls not being rubbed down perfectly to his preference, and this isn't the first time I've seen him try to start a fight over nothing.

GIDP
05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
The whole St. Louis club comes across as a bunch of cry baby children from manager on down.

They have whined about balls being slick multiple times
Pujols said something about someone being a show boat but then watches every homer like its leaving hte planet.
They complain about the strike zone every night
They say every time they are hit someone is head hunting and they should be tossed out

I hope the Reds destroy them this weekend. The temper of that club seems to be leading to an implosion.

Griffey012
05-14-2010, 12:43 AM
The whole St. Louis club comes across as a bunch of cry baby children from manager on down.

They have whined about balls being slick multiple times
Pujols said something about someone being a show boat but then watches every homer like its leaving hte planet.
They complain about the strike zone every night
They say every time they are hit someone is head hunting and they should be tossed out

I hope the Reds destroy them this weekend. The temper of that club seems to be leading to an implosion.

Agreed, I used to have respect for the Cardinals for what seemed like a well ran ballclub with a good group for starting pitchers, Pujols, and role players when Jocketty was there. Now they just seem like a bunch of whiny cry-babies who don't know how to react to a loss. Suck it up clowns, your starting to act like Cubbies!

sivman17
05-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Ahh I really do hate the Cards too. I used to dislike them simply because they were good and I was jealous of their success, but they really are a bunch of crybabies.

There's no doubting Pujols is one of the best ever to play the game, but the dude cries like a schoolboy b*tch.

TC81190
05-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Pujols does do his share of whining, re: showboating and head hunting, but at least he displays professionalism most of the time. That game where Bailey mowed the Cards down last summer, he praised Bailey's stuff and stated he would be great if he stays healthy through out his career.

So of all the Cards, I take issue with Pujols the least, aside from the fact that he murders our pitching.

muddie
05-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I'll never respect a club that has an admitted steriod user in the dugout on the coaching staff. I'll never respect a fanbase that boos Jack Clark and cheers McGwire at the Cardinal Caravan because Clark was outspoken and critical of McGwires use of 'riods. I've seen a fair amount of criticism aimed at Herzog over his criticism of McGwire as well, unreal. St. Louis always impressed me as a city and team that did baseball the right way. Not anymore, they flushed all that down the toilet when they brought McGwire back and put him in the dugout as a coach. I don't know if there is a team out there I would not pull for over St. Louis now.

bounty37h
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Pitching against the Astros tonight, Carlos Lee popped out and slammed his bat against the ground in frustration. Lee said in the post game that he got a pitch to hit and he popped it up and was upset for not taking advantage of it. Lee wasn't looking at Carpenter as you can see from the camera angle, but Carpenter approaches the baseline and starts yelling at Lee anyway. The fight got heated and both benches cleared, with Carpenter still yelling as Lee left for the dugout.

I have to say, I don't think there is an opposing player I dislike more than Chris Carpenter. He is completely unprofessional. Whines about the balls not being rubbed down perfectly to his preference, and this isn't the first time I've seen him try to start a fight over nothing.

I wish the teams ahd let them go at it, as I think Carp does this cause he knows he has that many behind him. I think he would run like a girl if Lee actually came after him.

Griffey012
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I wish the teams ahd let them go at it, as I think Carp does this cause he knows he has that many behind him. I think he would run like a girl if Lee actually came after him.

Well he knows for sure Lee couldn't catch him!

bounty37h
05-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Well he knows for sure Lee couldn't catch him!

Haha, point noted. :beerme:

The Operator
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Chris Carpenter should be careful - if he gets in even a slight physical confrontation, his arm which is held together by a combination of Gorilla Glue, Duct Tape, chewing gum and fishing line just might come undone.

Seriously.

mivers176
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Chris Carpenter should be careful - if he gets in even a slight physical confrontation, his arm which is held together by a combination of Gorilla Glue, Duct Tape, chewing gum and fishing line just might come undone.

Seriously.

HAHA. Great Reply.

bgwilly31
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
cant find a video:(

Griffey012
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Seriously.

That's Hilarious, let's entice him into a fight with Gomes.

GIDP
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
cant find a video:(

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8002637

BLEEDS
05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Roid Rage?

How else do you think he recovered so well in his comeback.

Just sayin...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

mlh1981
05-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Those fans sure are great, though!

arkimadee
05-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I was listening to the Cards broadcast of the game and you would have though Lee pointed the bat at him.. Those announcers are horrible

Vottomatic
05-14-2010, 03:50 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8002637

Thanks for posting the link to the video.

Looks like Lee was mad at himself for fouling it straight up, and it looks like Carpenter is just a big baby.

Never realized he was until this. My respect for him dropped a notch. :thumbdown

1990REDS
05-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I love how the benches clear and they all stand thier for a couple minutes just chatting. I wonder what rediculous "unwritten baseball rule" carpenter thought he violated. I still wish Lee would have just walked up and punched him in the face.

The Operator
05-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Yea, I have a feeling that had Lee actually charged Carpenter it wouldn't have been nearly like the infamous Robin Ventura vs. Nolan Ryan mound charging with Ryan basically taking Ventura out behind the woodshed.

I'm pretty sure Carlos Lee could send Chris Carpenter to the DL for a while.

Let the guy keep it up. The angrier he gets, the more marginalized he becomes.

TheOnlyRedsFan
05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
See Ryan do it with his bat after striking out to Harang?

TC81190
05-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Jaime Garcia was shouting a whole bunch after that HR too, maybe Drew Stubbs shouldve charged him?

Vottomatic
05-15-2010, 03:44 AM
The Cardinals may be in first place. But they are the unclassiest bunch of sissies I've seen in baseball in a long time. From the questioning of the slick or non-slick baseballs, to the rain delay, to all the whining they do about their opponents showing emotion and then they do the same in hypocritical fashion, to Carpenter getting rattled by a guy fouling out and being upset with himself.........I'd say that team has serious emotional problems.

Not a team you'd get behind as a fan. They are problematic. Even if they have our number. It wouldn't surprise me to see us win enough game to pass them in the standings, even if they beat us most of the time.

They seem to be a bunch of primadonnas. They think they're entitled, even though they haven't won anything yet.

GIDP
05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
they all act like Roger Clemens when he was on roids. I wouldnt be surprised to see Carpenter throw a broken bat at someone.

TC81190
05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/commishs-hot-stove/commishs-hot-stove/cardinal-beat-updates/2010/05/digesting-a-lost-series-division-lead/

I really hope we look down from our spot in first place at these losers for the rest of the year. I really can't stand the whole bunch of them. What an unclassy group of sore losers.

I think this is the beginning of a real rivalry.

GIDP
05-16-2010, 09:44 PM
If they cant hit doo doo and a bunch of slop then it should be an easy summer for the Reds.

texasdave
05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
You have to figure that any comment made by Colby is gonna be a little cheesey.

GIDP
05-16-2010, 10:08 PM
rofl i laughed but I hate myself for it.

FlyerFanatic
05-16-2010, 10:33 PM
yes colby thats why you went 0-4...shut up seriously. the cards are starting to piss me off. its always something with them, even if they win

Krawhitham
05-16-2010, 11:07 PM
CINCINNATI — Center fielder/philosopher Colby Rasmus described Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo’s assortment as “doo-doo” and “a bunch of slop” following the Reds’ 7-2 takedown of the Cardinals Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park..

Colby Rasmus needs on in the ear the next time they meet up

sivman17
05-17-2010, 12:51 AM
My hatred for the Cards is at an all-time high. I used to just hate them cause they beat up on us all the time, now I hate them cause they won't shut their mouths.

Carpenter is a dramatic tool, Pujols has to complain at least once every game, and now Colby is calling Arroyo doo-doo after getting blanked. Bunch of crybabies.

During the game I tweeted C Trent and asked him if Pujols has to complain every game. He replied: "Apparently. It's the Cardinal way."

The Operator
05-17-2010, 02:16 AM
If I didn't know any better I'd swear Hines Ward was secretly running The Cardinals.

Kingspoint
05-17-2010, 04:08 AM
Jamie Moyer has won 263 games pitching doo-doo and a bunch of slop. He only had 36 wins before he turned 30. He also just threw a complete game shutout a few days ago.

Bronson may get to a hundred and fifty if he keeps this up....or 200. Who knows? He never misses a start.

150 wins is a great career.

bounty37h
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
If I didn't know any better I'd swear Hines Ward was secretly running The Cardinals.

I dont get it? :confused:

GIDP
05-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I dont get it? :confused:

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050124DSsteelershines_450.jpg

texasdave
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050124DSsteelershines_450.jpg

Why is Hines crying? Didn't he get to cheap shot anyone that particular game?

sivman17
05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Did everyone hear about Pujols's last tirade? :bowrofl:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Birdfight-La-Russa-and-Pujols-have-heated-exch?urn=fantasy,243077