PDA

View Full Version : Two players coming of DL this weekend, who goes?

LoganBuck
05-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I have both Rafael Furcal, and Yunel Escobar coming off the DL this weekend. I need to make room. I have the following players with middle infield eligibility.

Not going anywhere
Rafael Furcal
Jason Bartlett
Ben Zobrist
Ty Wigginton

On the bubble
Yunel Escobar
Kelly Johnson
Ryan Theriot

I also have Adam Jones rotting a hole in my bench.

Who should I dump?

IowaRed
05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
If both are occupying DL spots and you have a full roster then don't you need to get rid of somebody else (besides them) to activate them from the DL? Maybe I'm missing something

IowaRed
05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Regardless of my question above, I would say that Escobar has the least value right now and he is who I would dump out of the players listed.

Tornon
05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Adam Jones I still have faith will come around. If I had to pick one to dump, I think it'd be Theriot

LoganBuck
05-14-2010, 02:04 PM
If both are occupying DL spots and you have a full roster then don't you need to get rid of somebody else (besides them) to activate them from the DL? Maybe I'm missing something

Yes, I have a full roster, plus Furcal and Escobar on the DL. I must clear two roster spots. One could come from dumping Escobar, if I choose to.

IowaRed
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd be tempted to let them both sit on the DL until you NEED to make another roster move. Somebody else will likely get hurt and then you will already have a player ready who you can just swap for the newly DL'd player. If that isn't an option I'd dump Theriot and Escobar

LoganBuck
05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd be tempted to let them both sit on the DL until you NEED to make another roster move. Somebody else will likely get hurt and then you will already have a player ready who you can just swap for the newly DL'd player. If that isn't an option I'd dump Theriot and Escobar

I think I agree with you on Theriot and Escobar.

In my league you can't even change your lineup until you activate eligible players on the DL, and clear a spot for them .

LoganBuck
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Is Kelly Johnson for real or is he a mirage. He has really been slumping over the last week.

Tornon
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Is Kelly Johnson for real or is he a mirage. He has really been slumping over the last week.

He's not as good as he has been this year.. but he's not as bad as he was last year. I think you can expect decent power #s & runs scored from him. Maybe a .270 average and 10-15 steals over the course of the year

Eric_the_Red
05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in infielders. Could you work a 2-for-1 trade to improve one spot on your roster?

LoganBuck
05-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in infielders. Could you work a 2-for-1 trade to improve one spot on your roster?

Tried that. Checked with every team in the league since last Friday because I knew this was coming. No takers. Johnson and Theriot were on the waiver wire up until last Tuesday when I picked them up. Theriot is the only one of those two that has helped me.

Eric_the_Red
05-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Tried that. Checked with every team in the league since last Friday because I knew this was coming. No takers. Johnson and Theriot were on the waiver wire up until last Tuesday when I picked them up. Theriot is the only one of those two that has helped me.

Perhaps that is your answer right there.

LoganBuck
05-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I just pulled off a trade to help me out here.

Ben Zobrist and Kelly Johnson for Nelson Cruz.

How did I do?

Eric_the_Red
05-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I think you did just fine! :thumbup:

LoganBuck
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks, this is my first year playing Fantasy Baseball since I was in college over a decade ago. My trade partner, had been starting Aaron Hill at 2B, and didn't have any players with multiple position eligibility.

Vada Pinson Fan
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I'd try to sell high on Wigginton and release Theriot. Perhaps you offer up a 2 for 1 deal which would include Wiggi if you are saying you need to open up two roster spots to have for Furcal and Escobar.

LoganBuck
05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
I'd try to sell high on Wigginton and release Theriot. Perhaps you offer up a 2 for 1 deal which would include Wiggi if you are saying you need to open up two roster spots to have for Furcal and Escobar.

Theriot and Escobar had to go. I lost Jorge Posada to the DL, and traded Theriot for Russel Martin. Escobar was released in favor of Matt Thornton.