PDA

View Full Version : Reds Bar in Chicago

BillDoran
05-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Anyone know of a good Reds bar in Chicago? After a little search of the interwebs, I came up empty handed.

Redhook
05-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Anyone know of a good Reds bar in Chicago? After a little search of the interwebs, I came up empty handed.

Why would there be a Reds bar in Chicago?

BillDoran
05-15-2010, 12:29 PM
In my experience, it's not an uncommon practice in large cities to have bars dedicated to major league sports franchises.

For instance, I know there are multiple Bengals bars here in the city.

pedro
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
In my experience, it's not an uncommon practice in large cities to have bars dedicated to major league sports franchises.

For instance, I know there are multiple Bengals bars here in the city.

Do tell, where are these Bengals bars?

I know that Bengal fans can often be found at Blitz on SE 11th as it is an Ohio State bar but I didn't know there were any places that were specifically Bengals.

Thanks.

RedsManRick
05-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I've yet to find one. OSU bars might be the best bet.

BillDoran
05-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Do tell, where are these Bengals bars?

I know that Bengal fans can often be found at Blitz on SE 11th as it is an Ohio State bar but I didn't know there were any places that were specifically Bengals.

Thanks.

Sorry, Pedro. I moved to Chicago a couple of months back. I just haven't updated my status.

I recommend Claudia's for all sports watching needs, though. I'm sure Claudia's is no secret to you, but I miss the place dearly.

I've yet to find one. OSU bars might be the best bet.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion, Rick.

To the Fieldhouse, I go.

pedro
05-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Sorry, Pedro. I moved to Chicago a couple of months back. I just haven't updated my status.

I recommend Claudia's for all sports watching needs, though. I'm sure Claudia's is no secret to you, but I miss the place dearly.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion, Rick.

To the Fieldhouse, I go.

Ah.... I like Claudia's, particularly those high back bark chairs, it's about a 1/2 mile from house.

BillDoran
05-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Ah.... I like Claudia's, particularly those high back bark chairs, it's about a 1/2 mile from house.

You were right in my neck of the woods then. I lived at 21st and Hawthorne for three years. Great area.

pedro
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
You were right in my neck of the woods then. I lived at 21st and Hawthorne for three years. Great area.

34th and Clinton. yes.

Homer Bailey
05-15-2010, 05:03 PM
No Reds bars that I know of, but keep me posted if you do find one. I know that McGee's in Lincoln Park is an OSU bar, but I've been there during a Reds game and had to have it put on. I also know that Mickey's is an OSU bar, but have no clue if they show Reds games.

Benihana
05-15-2010, 06:27 PM
FWIW, Kendall's (on Lincoln) is the best Bengals bar in Chicago. It is amazing on Sundays.

BillDoran
05-15-2010, 06:38 PM
FWIW, Kendall's (on Lincoln) is the best Bengals bar in Chicago. It is amazing on Sundays.

And they even serve a pretty good Cincinnati Chili during games.

RedsManRick
05-15-2010, 06:49 PM

I'll have to check it out. Just a quick hop on the 11...