PDA

View Full Version : 5/15/2010 Cincinnati vs. St.Louis

Pages : 1 [2]

Ron Madden
05-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Post script.... Cordero is still going to get a save for this performance and the throw home would've popped out of David Ross' glove.

David Ross always avoided contact in plays at the plate.

VR
05-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Post script.... Cordero is still going to get a save for this performance and the throw home would've popped out of David Ross' glove.

I'm a Ross apologist.....but yeah, he wasn't making that play :)

guttle11
Good play....but the game may be protested by the Cards....as Hernandez CLEARLY pumped his fist after that play.

I :luvu: this post.

WVRedsFan
Great Goodness!! Codero--he allows 3 hits and the rest of the staff only 4. And he's our "closer?" And it ends on a call that should have gone the other way. I'd not give him the save. Just don't award one tonight. He needs the "almost gave it away" award.

Spring~Fields
05-15-2010, 11:31 PM
:) Final Cincinnati 4, St. Louis 3 :)

Scoring Summary
Top 2nd: St. Louis
Schumaker hit sacrifice fly to left, D. Freese scored

Bot 2nd: Cincinnati
Hernandez singled to left, J. Bruce scored

Top 3rd: St. Louis
Rasmus homered to deep center

Bot 4th: Cincinnati
Gomes homered to deep left

Bot 6th: Cincinnati
Stubbs tripled to deep right center, S. Rolen and J. Gomes scored

Top 9th: St. Louis
Schumaker singled to center, D. Freese scored

Reds Batting
2B - S Rolen (8, A Wainwright); R Hernandez (6, A Wainwright).
3B - D Stubbs (2, A Wainwright).
HR - J Gomes (4, 4th inning off A Wainwright 0 on, 2 Out).
S - M Leake.
RBI - J Gomes (20), D Stubbs 2 (18), R Hernandez (7).
2-out RBI - J Gomes, D Stubbs 2, R Hernandez.
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out - B Phillips 1, M Cairo 1.
GIDP - J Bruce.
Team LOB - 7.

Base Running
CS - J Bruce (1, 2nd base by A Wainwright/Y Molina).

Pitching

St. Louis
IP H R ER BB K HR
Wainwright 6.0 7 4 4 3 6 1
Hawksworth 0.1 1 0 0 2 0 0
Reyes 0.2 0 0 0 0 0 0
Motte 1.0 0 0 0 0 2 0

Cincinnati
Leake 6.0 4 2 2 3 5 1
Rhodes 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Masset 1.0 0 0 0 0 2 0
Cordero 1.0 3 1 1 0 1 0

WP: M. Leake (4-0) S: F. Cordero (12)
LP: A. Wainwright (5-2)

IBB - J Gomes (by A Wainwright); A Pujols (by M Leake).

Pitches-strikes -
A Wainwright 104-62; B Hawksworth 23-11; D Reyes 2-2;
J Motte 11-7; M Leake 97-60; A Rhodes 11-9; N Masset 11-8.
Cordero 24-15

Ground balls-fly balls -
A Wainwright 8-7; B Hawksworth 2-0; D Reyes 1-0;
J Motte 0-0; M Leake 6-9; A Rhodes 0-2; N Masset 1-0.
Cordero 3-0

Batters faced -
A Wainwright 27; B Hawksworth 4; D Reyes 1;
J Motte 3; M Leake 25; A Rhodes 3; N Masset 3.
Cordero 5

VR
05-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Great Goodness!! Codero--he allows 3 hits and the rest of the staff only 4. And he's our "closer?" And it ends on a call that should have gone the other way. I'd not give him the save. Just don't award one tonight. He needs the "almost gave it away" award.

Never in doubt wv...you gotta sit back and enjoy these (and take some nitro pills)

edabbs44
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM
What an exciting game. Totally needed that one. Take care of business tomorrow and....you know.

WMR
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Damn did Welsh lose a bet?

Or did Thom just puke all over him?

That suit is awful. :lol:

WVRedsFan
05-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Never in doubt wv...you gotta sit back and enjoy these (and take some nitro pills)That's hyperbole at its best. :)

It's just maddening to me when the rest of the staff can shut a team down and then he comes in and walks hitters, allows hits, throws pitches in the dirt and nearly gives away a game. That's not my definition of a closer. He gets a lots of saves on pure luck--just like tonight.

Nice win, though...Leake 4-0.

WVRedsFan
05-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Damn did Welsh lose a bet?

Or did Thom just puke all over him?

That suit is awful. :lol:Tom's tie almost made me pukie.

Both of these guys have no taste.

VR
05-15-2010, 11:38 PM
That's the most excited I've been about a Reds win since that Dunn walkoff slammy.

oneupper
05-15-2010, 11:44 PM
A little redemption for Ramoncito there, taking that throw (not all that great) and making the tag after last night's PH DP.

He was 2-3 with a walk and an RBI also.

JaxRed
05-15-2010, 11:46 PM
For those of you with doubts (and a DVR) if you replay the second replay (the one looking down the 3rd base line from a high angle that occurred just after the play) in single-frame mode.........

Runner was clearly out.

Screwball
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM
It was really a check swing and a not really in the strike zone third strike though.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but this isn't right. The replay showed Pujols' bat crossed the plane, meaning he should've been rung up for strike 3. And on strike "4", Gameday agrees with my eyes that it was just on the inside black when it crossed the plate. Ump was set up on the inside corner and nailed the call, IMO.

And having lived in St. Louis for 4 years, I couldn't agree more with whoever called Hrabosky an idiot. His blatant Cardinals-bias would make Grande blush. What a clown.

jojo
05-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party, but this isn't right. The replay showed Pujols' bat crossed the plane, meaning he should've been rung up for strike 3. And on strike "4", Gameday agrees with my eyes that it was just on the inside black when it crossed the plate. Ump was set up on the inside corner and nailed the call, IMO.

And having lived in St. Louis for 4 years, I couldn't agree more with whoever called Hrabosky an idiot. His blatant Cardinals-bias would make Grande blush. What a clown.

It was right. He didn't actually swing. The pitch wasn't a strike.

Degenerate39
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Leake is something else. He has to be the favor for Rookie of the Year doesn't he?

Ron Madden
05-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I'll probably be grilled for saying it but right now I trust Masset more than I do Cordero.

Masset is more deserving of a save for this game than Cordero is.

guttle11
05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Leake is something else. He has to be the favor for Rookie of the Year doesn't he?

On merit he's right there with Jason Heyward. Considering hype and media clout, Heyward will win if he's anywhere near another rookie.

VR
05-16-2010, 12:05 AM
On merit he's right there with Jason Heyward. Considering hype and media clout, Heyward will win if he's anywhere near another rookie.

Didn't they already award it to Strasburg?

guttle11
05-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Didn't they already award it to Strasburg?

Nah, just the Cy Young from 2011 though 2021.

Screwball
05-16-2010, 12:15 AM
It was right. He didn't actually swing. The pitch wasn't a strike.

Yeah, other than the fact his bat broke the plane and the pitch hit the edge of the strike zone, you're right.

HokieRed
05-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I'll probably be grilled for saying it but right now I trust Masset more than I do Cordero.

Masset is more deserving of a save for this game than Cordero is.

You'll get no grilling from me. I've liked Cordero a lot but there may be an issue over who closes for this team by season's end.

Will M
05-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Dusty putting Heisey in LF in the 9th saved the game. when the ball was hit i thought the game was tied for sure as i assumed Gomes was still in LF. great play by Ramon after Cabrera's poor throw. great play.

The Mike Leake Train continues to chug along. There is no doubt he is our best starter. Rhodes has been great all season & Masset has been great lately. Coco has no excuse. He should have gotten all the reast he needed this week. instead the bottom of the Cards order hit him hard.

i really really really want the team to win Sunday. i hope good Bronson shows up & we blow the Cards out of the stadium!

traderumor
05-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Good play....but the game may be protested by the Cards....as Hernandez CLEARLY pumped his fist after that play.And Cordero. I think they may have to forfeit tomorrow also. :)

traderumor
05-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh, and I STILL HATE THE FREAKIN' CARDINALS!

durl
05-16-2010, 01:00 AM
For those of you with doubts (and a DVR) if you replay the second replay (the one looking down the 3rd base line from a high angle that occurred just after the play) in single-frame mode.........

Runner was clearly out.

I agree. I did a quick rewind and went frame-by-frame through the play at the plate and Hernandez clearly got the tag on the thigh before the runner's foot touched the plate. No doubt about this one.

A great win for the Reds. I switched between the MLB Network and FSN Ohio feeds just to get the different perspectives (MLB's HD picture was much better, by the way) and it was cool to see a packed house for a nationally televised game. It's just more fun to watch a game when the stands are packed and the crowd is into the game.

Ron Madden
05-16-2010, 01:10 AM
The MLB Network show Quick Pitch showed a freeze frame of the play at the plate. Hernandez tagged him on the thigh before his foot reached the plate.

HeatherC1212
05-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Being at this game tonight is as close to being in a playoff atmosphere as I've gotten in my 30+ years on the planet. It was absolutely electric at the ballpark and I am SOOOOOO glad the Reds got the win! :jump:

reds1869
05-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I haven't felt such a thrill at the end of game since Dunn's slam to cap off the big comeback against the tribe. Just absolute, spontaneous eruption of joy. Easily one of my top three finishes to a Reds game at this stadium.

SunDeck
05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Just saw a bunch of pics from the game. Those throw back uniforms looked great on both teams.

mth123
05-16-2010, 09:03 AM
I've been critical of Hernandez on this board, but he had a really good game. A single, a double, a BB and a fantastic play to end the game. Heisey did well to get to the ball quickly and hit the cut-off, but Ramon taking a throw that was off-line and getting back to make the tag was the gem on that play.

If Hernandez and Hanigan keep it up, it will be one less hole than expected prior to the season. Add Cabrera hitting a bit and hopefully Stubbs "getting it" lower in the order and I'll be excited about this team's chances. I've always thought that the pitching would come around (still think so but another arm in the late innings would help - try Owings) but haven't been optimistic about the position guys. If the catchers and Stubbs can perform, this team is a contender IMO.

PuffyPig
05-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Leake is fighting with another player right now for ROY, but it's not Heyward.

Its Jamie Garcia.

KoryMac5
05-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Its Jamie Garcia.

Unfortunately for all three rookies they will be fighting one Stephen Strasburg for press here in about two weeks or so.

Leake continues to be solid, great Reds win!

VR
05-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Being at this game tonight is as close to being in a playoff atmosphere as I've gotten in my 30+ years on the planet. It was absolutely electric at the ballpark and I am SOOOOOO glad the Reds got the win! :jump:

Heather....I never imagined you could be this excited about a game that Joey Votto didn't have a hit!

Congrats...that's a ticket stub to save, fantastic game.

TeamBoone
05-16-2010, 02:37 PM

Me too! I never have confidence in Cordero when he takes the mound... I always pray that the defense can get that save for him.

traderumor
05-16-2010, 08:55 PM

Its Jamie Garcia.I don't even know how you have a conversation about ROY in May. I also was disappointed to hear that there is a Rookie of the Month Award. If this is ignorance, forgive me, but how long has this been around, and can there be any more pointless award?

GAC
05-17-2010, 05:32 AM
I've been critical of Hernandez on this board, but he had a really good game. A single, a double, a BB and a fantastic play to end the game. Heisey did well to get to the ball quickly and hit the cut-off, but Ramon taking a throw that was off-line and getting back to make the tag was the gem on that play.

If Hernandez and Hanigan keep it up, it will be one less hole than expected prior to the season. Add Cabrera hitting a bit and hopefully Stubbs "getting it" lower in the order and I'll be excited about this team's chances. I've always thought that the pitching would come around (still think so but another arm in the late innings would help - try Owings) but haven't been optimistic about the position guys. If the catchers and Stubbs can perform, this team is a contender IMO.

Chip and I were at the game, sitting in the LF corner, and that play to end the game was awesome. Great relay, yeah, Cabby's throw was off somewhat, but still enabled RH to make the catch and come back to tag the runner.

And he was out.

And yes, I agree, we have a pretty good catching combo in Hernandez and Hanigan.

People were giving RH grief after that Friday night PH AB, but look what the guy has been doing overall this year....

.300 BA .417 OB% (are you kidding me?) .386 SLG% .803 OPS

And then there is Hanigan....

.368 BA .478 OB% .561 SLG% 1.039 OPS

Yep. Some solid #8 hitters. ;)

GAC
05-17-2010, 05:34 AM
And Cordero really is starting to pee me off.