PDA

View Full Version : Thanks alot Dusty...AGAIN!

roby
05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Why did everybody in the ball park know that it was a huge mistake to go with Danny Herrera against a right hander and Carlos Fischer...except for Dusty Baker. This is getting really old. You can't just give away games.

Mr Larkin
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
He didn't - watch the whole game before jumping off the cliff on Dusty again. What a horrible person!

lidspinner
05-18-2010, 04:00 PM
He didn't - watch the whole game before jumping off the cliff on Dusty again. What a horrible person!

Just since the Reds won does not make dusty's choice a good one. The Reds are winning and they LOVE Dusty, for that and that reason alone I will stand by his side......but, and I cannot stand Dusty, but if the Reds start losing and Dustys in game choices mimick what we have seen from him these last few years, I will be all over him......the guy is great as a players guy but his choices leave you scratching your head....not to mention during interviews he is constantly throwing the wrong stats out there......But hey, if our boys like him and we are winning, then I like him.

Cant Touch This
05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
DRH against Fielder = good move. DRH against a hot hitting RH McGehee = puzzling decision. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd certainly like to hear the rationale behind that when you have a well-rested Masset on the bench.

Vottomatic
05-18-2010, 04:06 PM
The truth of the matter is that we need an upgrade in the bullpen. I have no confidence in Lincoln. No confidence in Herrera against righties. No confidence in Fisher.

What 3 pitchers does Dusty use today? Hmmmmm.

Bring up Del Rosario and give him a shot. Or make a trade for Putz or someone else. We can't just depend on Masset, Rhodes, and a sketchy Cordero.

texasdave
05-18-2010, 04:06 PM
The Reds have now won five series in a row. Dusty makes me scratch my head at times, but you can't argue with the success this team is having. And that is the bottom line.

Reds
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Ken M. made the big mistake though, letting the pitcher bat with 2 outs and runners on.. at GABP and against this team he needed to play add on.

texasdave
05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Ken M. made the big mistake though, letting the pitcher bat with 2 outs and runners on.. at GABP and against this team he needed to play add on.

I was hoping for a pinch-hitter just to get Estrada out of there. =)

Cant Touch This
05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
The Reds have now won five series in a row. Dusty makes me scratch my head at times, but you can't argue with the success this team is having. And that is the bottom line.

The bottom line today was that Hoffman took the mound in the 9th, something beyond Dusty's control. (unless that was his strategy: leave DRH in to face McGehee, then bring in Fischer so the Brewers have a save situation in the 9th, thereby prompting Hoffman to enter and blow the game in favor of the Reds.)

Mr Larkin
05-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Many pick on Dusty when we lose. Many continue to pick on Dusty when we win. This makes no sense.

Dusty did not give away today's game. He made the call - that is what he gets paid to do. We can question, but we are not the ones who have right to proclaim the twice NL manager of the year a moron.

Not all decisions are going to be correct, but you have to respect the one who has the pressure of making them.

I have a very hard time with the way many of the people on here consider themselves to be baseball gods.

Mr Larkin
05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
The bottom line today was that Hoffman took the mound in the 9th, something beyond Dusty's control. (unless that was his strategy: leave DRH in to face McGehee, then bring in Fischer so the Brewers have a save situation in the 9th, thereby prompting Hoffman to enter and blow the game in favor of the Reds.)

No, the bottom line is we won.

Did Dusty pitch one pitch today? Did Dusty swing a bat? No - he puts players in place to do that and its an inexact science to say the least.

Today his team won. In the standings there will not be an * explaining that the Reds didn't really win - it was a horrible outing buy the all time saves leader.

roby
05-18-2010, 04:30 PM
No, the bottom line is we won.

Did Dusty pitch one pitch today? Did Dusty swing a bat? No - he puts players in place to do that and its an inexact science to say the least.

Today his team won. In the standings there will not be an * explaining that the Reds didn't really win - it was a horrible outing buy the all time saves leader.

Lark: How blind can you be? Of course we won and that's great! It makes everything alright. BUT we won in spite of Dusty's decisions. I made my post before the game was over. At that point Baker pretty much gave the game away. Herrera is a loogy...nothing more, nothing less. I love him against left handed hitters. But, you know as well as I do that he cannot get righty's out. Look at his stat line. Then you bring in Carlos Fischer who has been terrible all year. Until he gets better, he should only pitch in blow outs or in the minors. The Reds bullpen is extremely rested and there is just no reason not to go with Rhoades, Masset and even Owings. The Reds are in a pennant race and Dusty needs to start mananging like it! Incidently, my post was not hindsight. The ones who said, "We won, that's the bottom line are talking from hindsight." If Reds fans keep accepting mediocroty, that's is all they will get.

On a better note...what a great team. They never quit battling and they do not give up! Love the Reds!

Cant Touch This
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Agree with Roby. I would rather not tempt fate with too many 4-2 deficits going into the 9th inning.

Mr Larkin
05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Lark: How blind can you be? Of course we won and that's great! It makes everything alright. BUT we won in spite of Dusty's decisions. I made my post before the game was over. At that point Baker pretty much gave the game away. Herrera is a loogy...nothing more, nothing less. I love him against left handed hitters. But, you know as well as I do that he cannot get righty's out. Look at his stat line. Then you bring in Carlos Fischer who has been terrible all year. Until he gets better, he should only pitch in blow outs or in the minors. The Reds bullpen is extremely rested and there is just no reason not to go with Rhoades, Masset and even Owings. The Reds are in a pennant race and Dusty needs to start mananging like it! Incidently, my post was not hindsight. The ones who said, "We won, that's the bottom line are talking from hindsight." If Reds fans keep accepting mediocroty, that's is all they will get.

On a better note...what a great team. They never quit battling and they do not give up! Love the Reds!

Not blind - I've got 20/15 vision. I think we should give Dusty more credit than we do - bottom line. He is not my favorite. He would not have been my choice at all, but he is the manager of my favorite team, so I will do all I can to root for him as well.

PhillipsHead
05-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Thread is stupid: we won. It's time to stop SOLELY relying on Rhodes/Masset/Cordero. At some point everyone has to work, and Dusty understands that.

Everyone STOP with the Dusty sucks threads...we're 7 over and in first.

1990REDS
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Many pick on Dusty when we lose. Many continue to pick on Dusty when we win. This makes no sense.

Dusty did not give away today's game. He made the call - that is what he gets paid to do. We can question, but we are not the ones who have right to proclaim the twice NL manager of the year a moron.

Not all decisions are going to be correct, but you have to respect the one who has the pressure of making them.

I have a very hard time with the way many of the people on here consider themselves to be baseball gods.

at least everyone is consistant:)

Vottomatic
05-18-2010, 05:08 PM

You'd be better off reading a St. Louis message board. They only consider themselves Demi-Gods.

jimbo
05-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Why did everybody in the ball park know that it was a huge mistake to go with Danny Herrera against a right hander and Carlos Fischer...except for Dusty Baker. This is getting really old. You can't just give away games.

Yeah, let's just run Masset, Rhodes, and Cordero out there for the 7th, 8th, and 9th every game and see how long that works.

I swear, Dusty could win a World Series, cure cancer, and bring world peace, and there will be that certain group who would continue to hate on him and nitpick to find things to criticize him for.

If some of you have it all figured out, then the next time the job comes open send the Reds your resume.

Reds42MLB
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Thread is stupid: we won. It's time to stop SOLELY relying on Rhodes/Masset/Cordero. At some point everyone has to work, and Dusty understands that.

+10000

People want to rip on Dusty because he'll wear an arm down to the bone. Then people want to complain when we don't constantly use Rhodes, Masset, Cordero. Can't have it both ways people. Like you said there are going to be times when guys are going to get called upon to step up in the BP. Guys also need to pitch and gain experience in many different situations. It's the only way to develop a guy.

I just laugh when people try and bash Dusty for every little mistake he makes. He's human, all manager make mistakes, all managers take risks. It's a part of the game, but at the end of the day a lot of it still comes down to the players. Just like a QB in the NFL, managers get too much blame when a team is losing, and too much credit when a team is winning.

kevin w
05-18-2010, 06:23 PM

:thumbup:

bgwilly31
05-18-2010, 06:32 PM
at least everyone is consistant:)

lol
yeah larkin so let me get this straight.

If the bases were loaded tie ball game top fo the 9th. Brewers are up. Dusty gives the signal for Cordero to Intentionally walk the go ahead run in. Dumbest decision anybody could possibly imagine.

Then in the bottom of the 9th phillips gets a bloop and votto gets a blast for a walk off hr. We win the game.

According to larkins theory we all should still praise Dusty....:confused:

No exactly wrong. We should praise the players. Not dusty.

kfm
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Should we bring stats into this. No, lets not do that. Actually, according to the stats, the bad move was bringing Herrera in to face a lefty. Daniel Ray actually has a higher whip 2.4 to 1.17, BA .412 to .290 and OBA .444 to .290 against left handed batters. So I am assuming that you misspoke when you said he should not have faced a right handed batter. As far as Fisher goes, other pitchers have to pitch and I am assuming your objection was not based on your belief that he would throw a wild pitch and allow a runner to score. He actually struck out the only batter he faced in the eighth inning. However, I can't believe that this is our preoccupation when our team is seven games over and in first place. Live it up fellas our team is in first place, don't allow your hatred for Dusty to ruin what we have not been able to enjoy in a very long time.

roby
05-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Should we bring stats into this. No, lets not do that. Actually, according to the stats, the bad move was bringing Herrera in to face a lefty. Daniel Ray actually has a higher whip 2.4 to 1.17, BA .412 to .290 and OBA .444 to .290 against left handed batters. So I am assuming that you misspoke when you said he should not have faced a right handed batter. As far as Fisher goes, other pitchers have to pitch and I am assuming your objection was not based on your belief that he would throw a wild pitch and allow a runner to score. He actually struck out the only batter he faced in the eighth inning. However, I can't believe that this is our preoccupation when our team is seven games over and in first place. Live it up fellas our team is in first place, don't allow your hatred for Dusty to ruin what we have not been able to enjoy in a very long time.

First, I have NO hatred for Dusty. In fact, I like him. That does not mean that I always agree with his moves...and sometimes I absolutely cannot understand his reasoning.

If you want to cherry-pick stats, be my guest. Are you honestly trying to tell me that Herrerra is a better pitcher against right handers? REALLY?

As for all of you genuises saying that we can't overuse the same guys out of the bullpen...this bullpen is way rested...or do you all forget all the complete games and deep ballgames pitched by the starters lately?

I'm elated that the REDS are in first place...and I'd like to see them stay there for awhile. You can't do that and keep making the kind of decisions that were made today. It will bite eventually.

roby
05-18-2010, 11:29 PM
lol

If the bases were loaded tie ball game top fo the 9th. Brewers are up. Dusty gives the signal for Cordero to Intentionally walk the go ahead run in. Dumbest decision anybody could possibly imagine.

Then in the bottom of the 9th phillips gets a bloop and votto gets a blast for a walk off hr. We win the game.

AMEN!

roby
05-18-2010, 11:31 PM

No, your post is stupid. :)

Mr Larkin
05-19-2010, 05:30 PM
lol

That's not what I said. Dusty did not tell Cordero to walk in the go ahead run. He made a pitching change that people in here didn't agree with. A hot hitter gets a hit, so Dusty is giving away a game? No, he isn't.

Again, I'm no Dusty fan, but as a Reds fan I will do my very best to support our manager and I choose not to microanalyze his every thought.

I do not praise Dusty - I congradulate the team. Dusty is a part of the team - the leader actually.

kfm
05-20-2010, 06:25 AM
First, I have NO hatred for Dusty. In fact, I like him. That does not mean that I always agree with his moves...and sometimes I absolutely cannot understand his reasoning.

If you want to cherry-pick stats, be my guest. Are you honestly trying to tell me that Herrerra is a better pitcher against right handers? REALLY?

As for all of you genuises saying that we can't overuse the same guys out of the bullpen...this bullpen is way rested...or do you all forget all the complete games and deep ballgames pitched by the starters lately?

I'm elated that the REDS are in first place...and I'd like to see them stay there for awhile. You can't do that and keep making the kind of decisions that were made today. It will bite eventually.

I am not saying that he is better against righties this year, his stats are saying that. I didn't realize showing a guys splits was cherry picking. Who knows if this is simply an abberation, but these are not made up so I guess I have no idea what your point is and what stats you would find acceptabl to use. It is not surprising to me that a lefty who throws changeups and screwballs could have splits this way.

ian_madden
05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
That's not what I said. Dusty did not tell Cordero to walk in the go ahead run. He made a pitching change that people in here didn't agree with. A hot hitter gets a hit, so Dusty is giving away a game? No, he isn't.

Again, I'm no Dusty fan, but as a Reds fan I will do my very best to support our manager and I choose not to microanalyze his every thought.

I do not praise Dusty - I congradulate the team. Dusty is a part of the team - the leader actually.

Mr. Larkin, welcome to "BashDusty.com" I mean redszone.com. No matter what Dusty does, he will be persecuted for every move he makes. I wish I was on here when Bob Boone was managing he did everything by the numbers, and that almost always worked out to our opponents favor. Was he criticized like Dusty? I'll take some gut feeling decision from Dusty every once in a while.

Jack Burton
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
So you dusty lovers actually can condone the use of WillyT and Patterson?

Vottomatic
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks Dusty. No defensive replacements. Left Lincoln in way too long. Then brings in Masset and his nearly 7.00 e.r.a. to get out of the jam? Then Rhodes K's Heyward and he takes him out for "always makes it interesting" Cordero.

Idiot. Terrible.

sivman17
05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks Dusty. No defensive replacements. Left Lincoln in way too long. Then brings in Masset and his nearly 7.00 e.r.a. to get out of the jam? Then Rhodes K's Heyward and he takes him out for "always makes it interesting" Cordero.

Idiot. Terrible.

I agree 100% with this. How can you not bring in Rolen and Janish? At least bring in Janish. C'mon Dusty you suckkkk

Mr Larkin
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Again, Dusty did not pitch or hit. Our bullpen blew one today. Dusty actually used the guys that many cried that he didn't use at the beginning of this thread.
We've won them like this in 2010, we will also lose some like this as well.
Hope the team can bounce back from a huge let down in Atlanta.
Good outing by Leake again. One big inning offensively, but theirs came when it counted most.

texasdave
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes. Dusty did not pitch or hit. But he did make a week's worth of questionable (indefensible?) decisions in one inning. This one is on Dusty, no ifs ands or buts.

texasdave
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Leaving two statues....Cairo and Cabrera...on the left side of the infield while both Janish and Rolen sit on the bench cannot be defended.

texasdave
05-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Why is Janish even on the team if they aren't going to use him in these situations?

texasdave
05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Dusty Baker is so big on everyone having a role (like bringing in Cordero to serve up a slam just because it is a save situation), well, isn't defensive replacement the role of Paul Janish? What Janish ever did to Dusty I would love to know.

sivman17
05-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Why is Janish even on the team if they aren't going to use him in these situations?

Exactly. We would all agree he is not the greatest hitter. But he is the best defensive substitute we have. He's much better than OC and Cairo.

And he sits on the bench so OC and Cairo can fumble two plays.

Great job Dusty. :thumbdown

HalMorrisRules
05-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree 100% with this. How can you not bring in Rolen and Janish? At least bring in Janish. C'mon Dusty you suckkkk

Defensive replacements are needed in the ninth inning with a 6 run lead? Being mad about bringing in Masset? If anything, I think he should have left him in longer. He threw a double play ball. Not his fault it didnt turn into a DP. C'mon, you can be angry without being unreasonable.

Vottomatic
05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Defensive replacements are needed in the ninth inning with a 6 run lead? Being mad about bringing in Masset? If anything, I think he should have left him in longer. He threw a double play ball. Not his fault it didnt turn into a DP. C'mon, you can be angry without being unreasonable.

Unreasonable?

The double play wasn't turned because we had replacement players in. We needed our defensive replacements in.

That's just an ignorant, if not hypocritical, statement to make.

HalMorrisRules
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Unreasonable?

The double play wasn't turned because we had replacement players in. We needed our defensive replacements in.

That's just an ignorant, if not hypocritical, statement to make.

You actually think a 6 run lead calls for defensive replacements in the ninth inning?????

sivman17
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM

Frankly, I would have put in Janish at SS after we scored 8 runs. Cabrera could use some time off as it is.

And yes, I WOULD put Janish in the 9th inning with a 6 run lead. That's his job, apparently.

texasdave
05-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Defensive replacements are needed in the ninth inning with a 6 run lead? Being mad about bringing in Masset? If anything, I think he should have left him in longer. He threw a double play ball. Not his fault it didnt turn into a DP.

You are right, It wasn't Masset's fault the DP wasn't turned. It was
Dusty's for not having the right people in. The inning started out with a 6-run lead but didn't stay that way. You CAN bring a defensive replacement into a game in the middle of an inning.
It's like saying 'a closer is needed in the ninth inning with a 6-run lead?'.
No, not initially, but if the situation changes you manage, or in Dusty's case, mismanage accordingly.

malcontent
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
No, not initially, but if the situation changes you manage, or in Dusty's case, mismanage accordingly.
Sad but so true.

Toothpick's plan was apparently to stick with Lincoln until the game became a save opp for "Coco".

Took some doing with a 6-run lead, but mission accomplished!

Vottomatic
05-20-2010, 08:03 PM
You actually think a 6 run lead calls for defensive replacements in the ninth inning?????

No. But when it got down to a 3 run lead, and momentum is changing, you make defensive replacements.

sivman17
05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
No. But when it got down to a 3 run lead, and momentum is changing, you make defensive replacements.

Exactly. But you know Dusty wouldn't take out Cairo or Cabrera in the middle of the inning in place of Janish b/c Dusty is too worried about players liking him. He doesn't want to instill the idea that they were being punished for botching double play balls.

I hate the way he manages games.

Redus
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Cairo shouldnt even be on the team..thats on Walt. Leaving him on the team for Dusty to use is inexcusable. F Cairo:thumbdown Old and sucks is no way to go through life son

kfm
05-20-2010, 10:21 PM
So you dusty lovers actually can condone the use of WillyT and Patterson?

See Jack this is one of the key differences between you and I. I hated hated hated Dusty's use of both of these players. I thought it was so ridiculous that he insisted on the signing of Patterson and then batted him leadoff. I hated that he batted Tavares leadoff (although almost every manager he had was foolish enough to do the same thing). I thought he misued those two players about as bad as you could misuse a player. But I don't allow his misuse of those two players to color what I think of other moves he makes. I love Votto, but I think he was incredibly selfish getting thrown out of two games in the span of a few games last year. I can give credit to someone I don't like and criticize someone I do like. So there are quite a few things that Dusty has done that I disagree with, but that fact doesn't allow me to criticize a manager for bringing in his closer in a close situation or not putting in a third basemen who has a sore hamstring, or not pinch hitting a batter who is unavailable due to injury, or using Mike Lincoln in the sixth inning of a game that you are losing.

Red Stockings
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
You are right, It wasn't Masset's fault the DP wasn't turned. It was
Dusty's for not having the right people in. The inning started out with a 6-run lead but didn't stay that way. You CAN bring a defensive replacement into a game in the middle of an inning.
It's like saying 'a closer is needed in the ninth inning with a 6-run lead?'.

+1

sivman17
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
So there are quite a few things that Dusty has done that I disagree with, but that fact doesn't allow me to criticize a manager for bringing in his closer in a close situation or not putting in a third basemen who has a sore hamstring, or not pinch hitting a batter who is unavailable due to injury, or using Mike Lincoln in the sixth inning of a game that you are losing.

What about keeping Lincoln in the 9th inning?

Or bringing in Masset who just lost the game to the same team the night before?

What about pinch hitting a pitcher instead of Janish, Heisey, or Hanigan? Two of which who have been hitting the ball well lately.

What about not putting Janish in at either SS or 3B?

I know hindsight is 20/20 and we can dissect and criticize every move he makes if we don't win, but these were serious errors in judgment by his part. He is supposed to be the manager of the team. Yes, the players screwed up, but he is ultimately responsible for who is out there.

kfm
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM
What about keeping Lincoln in the 9th inning?

Or bringing in Masset who just lost the game to the same team the night before?

What about pinch hitting a pitcher instead of Janish, Heisey, or Hanigan? Two of which who have been hitting the ball well lately.

What about not putting Janish in at either SS or 3B?

I know hindsight is 20/20 and we can dissect and criticize every move he makes if we don't win, but these were serious errors in judgment by his part. He is supposed to be the manager of the team. Yes, the players screwed up, but he is ultimately responsible for who is out there.

Not crazy about the Lincoln move. Even if you wanted to try to pitch him, I would have taken him out earlier in the ninth. I am not sure why you would all of a sudden decide to take OCab out in the 9th when you haven't done that, outside of one time when Janish almost lost the game, all season. If your entire bullpen is available and you need three innings from your bullpen I don't really get the angst over pinch hitting Owings since he is primarily the long reliever and you were past long reliever time. Perhaps he could have had Owings warm up in the BP and then come in after he pinch hit. I really think the only issue that only looks bad without the benefit of hindight is the length of time he left Lincoln in.

texasdave
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Not crazy about the Lincoln move. Even if you wanted to try to pitch him, I would have taken him out earlier in the ninth. I am not sure why you would all of a sudden decide to take OCab out in the 9th when you haven't done that, outside of one time when Janish almost lost the game, all season. If your entire bullpen is available and you need three innings from your bullpen I don't really get the angst over pinch hitting Owings since he is primarily the long reliever and you were past long reliever time. Perhaps he could have had Owings warm up in the BP and then come in after he pinch hit. I really think the only issue that only looks bad without the benefit of hindight is the length of time he left Lincoln in.

Talk about small sample size. One time Janish almost (and that is a pretty key word right there) messes up a game and Dusty can't trust him the rest of the season? You (or Dusty) can't possibly believe that Orlando Cabrera (or Miguel Cairo) is as good a fielder as Paul Janish. The simple fact that Dusty has only inserted his defensive infield specialist into a late-game situation once to this point in the season speaks volumes. And not in a good way. That would be analgous to sending up Joey Votto to pinch-hit once with the bases loaded and he strikes out so you don't use Joey Votto to pinch-hit again.

sivman17
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
NI am not sure why you would all of a sudden decide to take OCab out in the 9th when you haven't done that, outside of one time when Janish almost lost the game, all season.

Cause that's his job. He doesn't play everyday. He doesn't pinch hit very often. He is a defensive specialist. A game like yesterday is exactly the reason why you have a guy like Janish on your team.

The defense was HORRID yesterday. Four (should've been five) errors. You mean to tell me that you're not going to make one defensive substitution after five miscues? Then why have Janish on the roster at all?

roby
05-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Evidently. Obviously.

kfm
05-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Cause that's his job. He doesn't play everyday. He doesn't pinch hit very often. He is a defensive specialist. A game like yesterday is exactly the reason why you have a guy like Janish on your team.

The defense was HORRID yesterday. Four (should've been five) errors. You mean to tell me that you're not going to make one defensive substitution after five miscues? Then why have Janish on the roster at all?

I would beg to differ with you. If it has only happened one time all year, it is obviously not his job. You would like it to be his job but clearly it is not.

kfm
05-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Talk about small sample size. One time Janish almost (and that is a pretty key word right there) messes up a game and Dusty can't trust him the rest of the season? You (or Dusty) can't possibly believe that Orlando Cabrera (or Miguel Cairo) is as good a fielder as Paul Janish. The simple fact that Dusty has only inserted his defensive infield specialist into a late-game situation once to this point in the season speaks volumes. And not in a good way. That would be analgous to sending up Joey Votto to pinch-hit once with the bases loaded and he strikes out so you don't use Joey Votto to pinch-hit again.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you read what I wrote, I said that Dusty has not used him that way this year, except for one time, so why out of the blue are you expecting something different. I never said that OCab or Cairo is a better fielder than Janish, read my post and tell me when you find those words. If Janish could hit, he would be my choice to be the shortstop on this team because his fielding is out of this world. I get your anger at Dusty because that is what most of you guys on this board spend all your time doing, but to attack me for something I never said is wrong.

Redeye fly
05-23-2010, 06:48 PM
nm

sivman17
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I place virtually no blame on Dusty for today's loss. I thought the bullpen did a good job (except D Ray), considering they had to pitch nearly 7 innings.

The offense couldn't do anything, except for Rolen.

Vottomatic
05-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I blame management for keeping DR Herrera on the roster. Rosario probably shuts them down today. Herrera is the human batting tee.

bgwilly31
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
DRH cant come in during a inning. His only situation should be starting a inning or two in a game where we are losing heavily. Or Winning by 4+runs.

But the bats sucked today vs. a guy that sucks.

Post game last night Everybody was back on the jay bruuuuuce Train. Which i thought was funny because it was ONE game! He got a couple gimmee bunt hits.

bruce looked like same old bruce. Terrible swings, chasing pitches. Repetitive wrongs.
he is one of the hardest hitters to watch sometimes.