PDA

View Full Version : Thought about Dusty health wise

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
05-18-2010, 11:53 PM
If I remember correctly, at Redsfest a couple years ago during Dusty's Q and A he talked about using toothpicks to quit dipping due to the fact that he had prostate cancer. I believe it was game one of the cards series they showed a close-up of Baker putting in what appeared to be tobacco during the game. I know it's not easy to quit, I do it myself but with his past health issue it suprises me that he would allow himself to be seen using it during a game. Kind of a pregnant woman drinking beer feeling for me when I saw that. I know Dusty takes alot of flack on this sight and that is not my purpose here but just thought I would bring it up to see what everyone else thought about it. This isn't the first time I thought I saw him dipping during the game but it was the first time He's pulled it from the can on TV.

sabometrics
05-19-2010, 12:49 AM
It's his health, this issue is between him and his family only. I have no opinion other than he can do what he wants.

mroby85
05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
It's his health, this issue is between him and his family only. I have no opinion other than he can do what he wants.

I agree with this.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Yea but do we really care about the health of players using steriods or HGH, I doubt it. We do care though about what our kids take from the situation.

Reds
05-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I saw the dip, it was next to the lineup card. He's a regular flavor man, no menthol. At least he can keep it in his mouth, unlike Gomes.