PDA

View Full Version : Could RedsZone lead a 'pack-the-house' campaign?

mattfeet
05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Just an occupational hazard of me being in the advertising/marketing fields, but I genuinely think RedsZone could help lead a 'pack-the-house' marketing campaign to help up the crowds at the ballpark. Im not sure the best way to go about this, but I also feel our local media really needs to step up to the plate. Give the Reds a commercial spot during the 6 o' clock news on ABC/CBS/etc., saying something to the tune of, 'Pack the house and come out to support your FIRST PLACE Cincinnati Reds!" Doesn't have to be long, just needs to let people KNOW we're in first and that we have a good team. Heck, even if every one of us had social media accounts (twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.,) and we're able to somehow get 3-5 of our friends (1% of most of our friend counts online) down to the ballpark, that could be another ~1000 fans. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

-matt

mroby85
05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
The crowds this week against the brewers were pretty sad considering the weekend they had, but I think a lot of people are still just skeptical because this has happened in seasons in the past. In my opinion this team is different because it's filled with young talent thats starting to come around, and will be good for a long time, while the Reds teams of the past were more like the Nationals are this year, a couple good hitters (Dunn, Zimmerman) and a lot of fill ins that are playing over their heads and will come back down to earth before too long (Livan Hernandez) I think the longer the Reds stay in the race the crowds will come, it's just a matter of people believing its not just another year like the others. Also the weather wasn't great for the Brewers series, and one was a Tuesday afternoon game, so that may have played a role in it.

Reds
05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
What I always hear is "wait until school is out" :rolleyes:

NorrisHopper30
05-19-2010, 01:31 PM
There was just crappy weather. This next series will be much better.

ian_madden
05-19-2010, 04:44 PM
There was just crappy weather. This next series will be much better.
Unless we lose. Then everyone will say "I told you so".

I don't see that happening. Everyone needs to plan on attending at least 1 game per homestand. If that happens, we are sitting pretty.

NorrisHopper30
05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Unless we lose. Then everyone will say "I told you so".

I don't see that happening. Everyone needs to plan on attending at least 1 game per homestand. If that happens, we are sitting pretty.

Well I know myself with a few UC students are going to be going to at least 2 next week with the nice weather.

Kingspoint
05-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I think REDSZONE definitely has a positive effect on attendance.

When there's this much attraction and discussion about a "sports" team, then the side-effect has to be that the team is on the mind of people. That's what you hope for from a business standpoint, is that the product is on your customer's minds....hopefully, in a good way.

Tickets won't be purchased and plans won't be made until the team is first on one's mind.

goreds2
05-19-2010, 08:55 PM
The crowds this week against the brewers were pretty sad considering the weekend they had, Come on, I had a Jimmy Buffett concert to go to and I was hung over on Tuesday. :beerme:

gilpdawg
05-20-2010, 01:13 AM
What I always hear is "wait until school is out" :rolleyes:
There's no school in the other 26 MLB cities? I've always hated that theory as well.

ian_madden
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Well I know myself with a few UC students are going to be going to at least 2 next week with the nice weather.
:thumbup:

My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday. We always go to the reds game for it.:)

bounty37h
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
:thumbup:

My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday. We always go to the reds game for it.:)

Haha, second anniversary this year, but you always go for it :) Just messin with you man, Happy Anniversary to you both, hope you have many ahead...