PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

Ghosts of 1990
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Any other Rzoners play? I just got one, and I'm hooked. I have two games for it:

MLB the Show 10 - greatest MLB game I've EVER played for any system, and I've played them all. There's like one or two things missing to making this the greatest sports game I've ever played.

Red Dead Redemption - like Grand Theft Auto and takes place in the old west. Another game that's making my girlfriend angry at me because of the amount of time I'm spending on it.

If anyone ever wants to talk PS3 games or maybe play online get at me. Anyone else played any good games they want to share?

reds1869
05-19-2010, 05:08 PM
I love my PS3. I play The Show constantly and also highly recommend Uncharted 2--an absolute masterpiece.

Johnny Footstool
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
You need to play Fallout 3. Best game ever.

Degenerate39
05-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I miss my PS3 :(. I'll probably buy one in the next few days if I get a good paycheck.

Ghosts of 1990
05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
I love my PS3. I play The Show constantly and also highly recommend Uncharted 2--an absolute masterpiece.

ONLY thing I don't like about The Show.... In dynasty after a few years teams stop signing their big name guys... and all the young prospects who come up are D or C or F overall players. Ruins franchise play. Hopefully they fix that next year.

Degenerate39
05-19-2010, 06:15 PM
ONLY thing I don't like about The Show.... In dynasty after a few years teams stop signing their big name guys... and all the young prospects who come up are D or C or F overall players. Ruins franchise play. Hopefully they fix that next year.

Couldnt' agree more. Thats why I only play Road to the Show.

reds44
05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I have one, play the Show and NHL a lot right now.

reds1869
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM

The new patch fixed that. Unfortunately it introduced a new glitch that Sony says will be fixed this evening.

I second the nomination of Fallout 3. I spent a big chunk of last year playing that game obsessively.

lidspinner
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
love the ps3...The Show is my all time favorite game.....I can sit online and play people all night and not get bored. only other game I play is COD MW2...great game as well especially online and in high def.

gilpdawg
05-20-2010, 01:16 AM
I actually just finally joined the Playstation Network. I was lazy I guess. My name on there is the same as on here, so if you see me, I'll play, but I've only had The Show for a week so I'm not very good yet. I'm usually on late at night because I work second shift.

Ghosts of 1990
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
The new patch fixed that. Unfortunately it introduced a new glitch that Sony says will be fixed this evening.

I second the nomination of Fallout 3. I spent a big chunk of last year playing that game obsessively.

What is the new glitch?

And is it fixed by just going online and 'updating' the game?

reds1869
05-20-2010, 12:38 PM
What is the new glitch?

And is it fixed by just going online and 'updating' the game?

To update the game, you need to be signed into PSN when you insert the game disc. You will be prompted to download the patch, which is something like 361 MB.

The new glitch is a scoring error. Example: with two outs and a man on third, batter grounds out to short. Runner crosses the plate before the out is recorded at first and the run is allowed to stand. In real life, of course, the run would not count. It is a pretty serious problem but I'm confident Sony will get it fixed quickly.

Caveat Emperor
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Actually just bought a secondhand PS3 -- mostly for use as a Bluray player. But, I anticipate getting a few games (Uncharted, the Show) that I can't otherwise buy for my 360.

Ænima
05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
To update the game, you need to be signed into PSN when you insert the game disc. You will be prompted to download the patch, which is something like 361 MB.

The new glitch is a scoring error. Example: with two outs and a man on third, batter grounds out to short. Runner crosses the plate before the out is recorded at first and the run is allowed to stand. In real life, of course, the run would not count. It is a pretty serious problem but I'm confident Sony will get it fixed quickly.

Wow, that's a serious problem. I'm glad I decided against starting my franchise today. I'll stick with RDR for my evening entertainment.

aubashbrother
05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
modern warfare 2 mostly for me. I play the show also but I cant play online i cant ever find a good game that has no lag

Mario-Rijo
05-21-2010, 04:38 PM
My faves are definitely COD MW2, Oblivion (which I happen to think is the best game ever, took me 3 months to beat the 1st half of it) and Fallout 3 (took me more like 3 weeks to beat) and of course my sports games The Show, NCAA Football, UFC, Madden etc.

_Sir_Charles_
05-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Best thing about MLB the Show is the commercial. "Well played Mauer" I crack up EVERY time.

REDblooded
05-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Loving me some RDR right now...

Ghosts of 1990
05-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Wow, so that's why that happened last night (first time it's happened to me). Is it fixed yet--or a new patch available to fix it?

reds1869
05-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow, so that's why that happened last night (first time it's happened to me). Is it fixed yet--or a new patch available to fix it?

Yes, it has been fixed with a new patch. I'm not having the problem anymore.

Ghosts of 1990
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes, it has been fixed with a new patch. I'm not having the problem anymore.

doesn't the new patch take like an insane amount of time to download?

One time I hit yes to download it and it started going "12 minutes" to "169 minutes" and the figure just kept going up and up and up. That's what has kept me from downloading it so far.

Anyone else seen this happen?

reds1869
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM

One time I hit yes to download it and it started going "12 minutes" to "169 minutes" and the figure just kept going up and up and up. That's what has kept me from downloading it so far.

It is huge, something like 363 MB.

gilpdawg
05-25-2010, 04:08 AM

Hm, only took about 7 or so minutes for me to download it. I must have lightning speed. :D

gilpdawg
05-25-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm getting ready to go online and play some Show, if anybody comes across this thread in the next couple of hours, play me. I suck, but whatever. Same nym as here.

Ghosts of 1990
05-25-2010, 11:36 AM
clint3131 is my tag

gilpdawg
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
clint3131 is my tag
Dang, I just got done playing. Wish I would have saw this post earlier. Went 3-1 today.

Ghosts of 1990
05-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I keep trying to download the patch but it continues to keep going up and up and up in minutes and never actually downloading. Then after a while it says "there was an error that disconnected me from the internet" and never downloads. Anyone ever experienced this?

Ghosts of 1990
05-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I keep trying to download the patch but it continues to keep going up and up and up in minutes and never actually downloading. Then after a while it says "there was an error that disconnected me from the internet" and never downloads. Anyone ever experienced this?

Bump to get this answered

reds1869
05-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Bump to get this answered

It could be a problem with your router. I had similar problems with a linksys router, but have nothing but smooth sailing with my Buffalo router.

Ghosts of 1990
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Got it fixed. It's official, with the patch update MLB The Show 10 is the greatest baseball game ever created IMO. LOVE IT

TheBigLebowski
05-28-2010, 11:45 AM
The Show 10
World Cup Soccer (EA Version)
Modern Warfare 2
Uncharted 2
Fight Night 10

Degenerate39
05-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Just bought a PS3 Slim. How did I live a month without a Playstation?

Ghosts of 1990
05-28-2010, 01:43 PM
played MLB the Show online last night for the first time.

Pretty fun. Only thing.... 2-2 game heading into bottom of the 9th and after Coco retired their side in order, I hit pause to warm up more pitchers in case I don't score to win it in the 9th. Game gets froze on the menu, the 3:50 remaining in pause time expires, and the game stays froze forever. I have to reset my system and I get the loss. Horrible.

Other then that, I've been staying up too late and spending too much time playing in my franchise. My GF hates the game as much as I love it! BAD idea for a die hard baseball fan to invest in (most of the guys on this board--stay away!)

reds1869
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Pretty fun. Only thing.... 2-2 game heading into bottom of the 9th and after Coco retired their side in order, I hit pause to warm up more pitchers in case I don't score to win it in the 9th. Game gets froze on the menu, the 3:50 remaining in pause time expires, and the game stays froze forever. I have to reset my system and I get the loss. Horrible.

Other then that, I've been staying up too late and spending too much time playing in my franchise. My GF hates the game as much as I love it! BAD idea for a die hard baseball fan to invest in (most of the guys on this board--stay away!)

I had the exact same problem online, and it seems to be a glitch at GABP that no one can pin down. It has never happened to me in franchise, only online. Oh well, I'm a single player guy anyway.

WMR
05-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone know where to find a 250 gb ps3? Best Buy is a no-go and the closest Gamestop with one is in macon, ga. :redface:

Razor Shines
05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
It was a pain to find mine as well. I think I got the last one in the Austin area. I got it Game Crazy, but I think most of them are closing/closed now.

Caveat Emperor
05-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Anyone know where to find a 250 gb ps3? Best Buy is a no-go and the closest Gamestop with one is in macon, ga. :redface:

I got mine by calling the local Gamestop every afternoon around noon (when deliveries come in) until they had a shipment come in. They held one for me and I picked it up on my lunch hour.

gilpdawg
05-31-2010, 12:12 AM

Someone on the Show Community said they don't have that happen if you use the directional button instead of the pause menu. You know, press up on the directional button to bring up quick options instead of pausing, but I'm not sure, as I haven't had it happen to me.

WVPacman
06-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I really miss playing all the great new games that come out every year b/c I don't have a PS3 and probably never will.I own a PS2 and thats probably as far as I will go.I think its nonsense that they keep coming out with new Playstations when you just got threw buying their last one which was PS2 for me.I don't get to buy GOOD games anymore b/c its all went to PS3.I think these people who's behind building these games should look out for the poor familys that can't afford buying every game that they make.Exspecially when they put a price tag on the game system like 300 dollors.Thats nonsense but enough of my rant :D

I was just wondering if they are still making some baseball games or anyother great sports games for the PS2?Thanks

WMR
06-01-2010, 02:21 AM
WV, you could get a used xbox for $150. Maybe even less if you catch a special. That would allow you to keep playing new games. PS2 is a dead system, unfortunately. Used PS3's are probably around $200? Just guessing there b/c I haven't priced them myself.

WVPacman
06-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks WMR,for the info but I don't see no reason to go out and buy a new system just for them to come out and make a new one.Then I would have to go buy that one like I did with Playstation and Playstation2.

Degenerate39
06-03-2010, 09:30 AM
My 80 gb PS3 had the yellow light of death and my game got stuck inside. Is there anything that tells me how to take the console apart to get the game out? I've looked all over and couldn't find anything.

Razor Shines
06-03-2010, 09:35 AM
My 80 gb PS3 had the yellow light of death and my game got stuck inside. Is there anything that tells me how to take the console apart to get the game out? I've looked all over and couldn't find anything.

Uhhhh...again? That happened to mine. I and I took it apart and got the game out. I'll try to find the link to how I did it, but I kind of had piece it together from a couple different sources. I just started searching google and watched a couple youtube videos and read some stuff off message boards.

Degenerate39
06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Uhhhh...again? That happened to mine. I and I took it apart and got the game out. I'll try to find the link to how I did it, but I kind of had piece it together from a couple different sources. I just started searching google and watched a couple youtube videos and read some stuff off message boards.

Well it was just my old one but I've never attempted to get the game out. My PS3 slim is doing great

Razor Shines
06-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Well it was just my old one but I've never attempted to get the game out. My PS3 slim is doing great

Ahh...is it MW2 that's stuck?

You might try some of the stuff suggested here.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/Some-ways-to-get-your-disc-out-of-your-dead-broken-ps3/td-p/38144526

Degenerate39
06-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Ahh...is it MW2 that's stuck?

You might try some of the stuff suggested here.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/Some-ways-to-get-your-disc-out-of-your-dead-broken-ps3/td-p/38144526

MLB The Show unforunately.

My PS3 turns on for about 3 seconds before it shuts down so those aren't working. I'm assuming I have to take it apart.

OldRightHander
06-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Hacksaw?